You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
tromadz said:
Pack93z said:
tromadz said:
Pack93z said:
Packnic said:
regardless. thats the beauty of Ted Thompsons plan and execution.
Looking at our Wide outs one might say... they could use some work maybe. now that we have cap room thanks to TT, you add a guy like key or moss... and the WR corp starts looking like one of the best in the league.

thanks to good depth, and great cap management.... we can have these conversations.

One could argue that the top players don't want to come here (ummm Moss) because we aren't competitive.. Converse all you want, so far this offseason that is what we have.. What if's.

But we have POTENTIAL :)

Moss picked NE over GB. Shocker. 99 out of 100 players would. NE has a great track record lately, and GB is just getting started. How many times do we have to go through this.

LOL... Had Ted excuted his plan.... or will his plan exit him from the GM spot?

Don't try to sell the plan... that is all that I ask...

You seem to know all of ted's plans apparently. What team do you work for again? oh yeah...

Nope just a fan that doesn't have confidence in the direction this team is heading... try again :)

that's cool, don't pretend to know things you don't though. :thumbsup:

Where in the heck did I state anything... to me this is a make or break year for Ted. I question what plans Ted has... for sure the he didn't envision so many holes going at this point. But maybe that is the point?

Woodson_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would totally forget about randy moss if we sign Keyshawn. Was pretty funny he got cut after his reaction to the Dwayne Jarret pick, to put it lightly, he was excited.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind bringing him in for a look but I think there will be better ones out there in a few weeks.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW, I remember in the draft coverage Keyshawn talking about the Moss-GB potential deal and saying something like "I think any WR would love to have a chance to play with a QB like brett favre sometime in his career."

If you give that credence, he may be interested in GB.

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keyshawn = Redzone Target. Big time. This guy could potentially work for us, especially in our offense. Whether or not we'll get him is another story entirely.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This just in: The Packers announced today that they are going to sign Keyshawn Johnson, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Ricky Williams, Tank Johnson, and half of the Cincinnati Bengals current roster. Head coach Mike McCarthy will be fired and replaced by former Packer great Mossy Cade.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Key is slow, but as popcynical alluded to, he could be the redzone target that bubba no longer is...I see him serving as a bit of a TE role in our offense

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'd be worth a one-year deal with incentives - if only to provide a bridge until (if?) K-Rob gets back and the young guys develop. All that said, I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to sign him unless we are forced to. The WR pool is Key and Moulds right now, I expect 4-5 more guys to be in it in a month.

Reaction score
I don't want him.

It's obvious TT has decided to live or die by rookies and youngsters in his tenure, so I don't want anyone taking snaps away from those rookies.

Perhaps if James Jones ends up being injured or not doing much in Training Camp, then we can go after KJ. Until then, I'd like to give the youngsters an opportunity to prove themselves, and I'd like the staff to dangle the #3 WR position in front of the youngsters to keep them hungry.

IF KJ came in, I don't think that could happen.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But you could say the same about Marc Boerighter and Jennings last season. Boerighter was brought in to be the No. 2 or 3 guy and Jennings beat him out easily.

I'd rather have a young guy facing a vet to beat in camp than simply hand him the job (or make him beat a bunch of undrafted/late round guys). We need another WR in camp with some experience and who is capable of holding down the No. 3 spot. Now, whether Keyshawn is that guy or not is debateable (I would lean towards no), but we do need someone.

OP
OP
P

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not all about Keyshawn, i live in North Carolina and hes not a favorite son at the moment.

But i think he could definetly help this team. For everyone out there saying absolutely not.... some of you were all about the Moss coming here.

and last year keyshawn had a better year than both of Moss's last two years combined. hes still got reliable hands, he still moves the chains better than any reciever in football. hes still the best possession guy out there.
I mean id feel a lot better knowing that key was out on the flanks on a 3rd and 8. or a 2 and goal situation. thats all. if he comes great, if he doesnt i cant wait to see who steps in and wins the job.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
from si.com

The four teams that want Keyshawn
Posted: Wednesday May 02, 2007 05:52AM ET

Keyshawn Johnson might have to put his television career on hold. Word is there might be a pretty good market for him. The Eagles, Chargers, Giants and Titans are rumored to be among the teams that are at least thinking about pursuing Johnson.

OP
OP
P

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hope the eagles dont get him

hed be good in san diego... and they have the best shot at a championship of those 4

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Im not all about Keyshawn, i live in North Carolina and hes not a favorite son at the moment.

But i think he could definetly help this team. For everyone out there saying absolutely not.... some of you were all about the Moss coming here.

and last year keyshawn had a better year than both of Moss's last two years combined. hes still got reliable hands, he still moves the chains better than any reciever in football. hes still the best possession guy out there.
I mean id feel a lot better knowing that key was out on the flanks on a 3rd and 8. or a 2 and goal situation. thats all. if he comes great, if he doesnt i cant wait to see who steps in and wins the job.

Moss 30?
Keyshawn 35?

Moss, deep threat.
Keyshawn, posssesion.

we have driver and jennings for possession, we need a deep threat

thats why ppl who wanted moss wanted moss and dont want keyshawn

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get Keyshawn. Averaged 70 catches a season for the past 5 years and is a total team guy and one of the best blocking WR in history. Not a deep threat but a weapon inside the 40 and we need that. Other than Driver and Jennings we don't have a proven NFL receiver. What good is cap space if you don't use it.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's pass on Keyshawn, there will be better options for this team in a month (Plus we'll have a few minicamps to view the young guys).

Staff online

Members online