Keyshawn Johnson released

OP
OP
P

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
id take him, with the same options we all discussed in the Moss rumors.

as cheap as we can possibly sign him, and with several clauses so that we can opt out if hes a ****.. even though i think all thats behind him now.

the problem is ... i think TT would rather have this youth we have now trying out for spots. and keyshawn would just take up a spot for a couple years. but who knows, TT was flirtin with moss, why not keyshawn

when you bring in key, its gonna be Driver, Key, Jenning, K-rob. so thats a very good lineup in my opinion. worth a shot

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind getting him ... but i doubt it ... he probably will go to the pats loool

Now thats funny!

I too was pissed. I went out and mowed the lawn after seeing that news early Sunday morning.

I hate mowing the lawn.

More names are going to keep popping up. This aint over by any means.

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy has one year left in his career, 2 max. Why would he come here? If he comes back, I think he'll go to a legitimate Super Bowl contender. Besides, having him here might not be a good thing, as it'd take away a roster spot from one of the younger guys.

OP
OP
P

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is 8 recievers too many to keep on the roster. Mind you adding keyshawn would let these younger guys learn on the job while key was here. then after hes gone in 2 years they are ready???? maybe.
Keep
Donald Driver
Greg Jennings
Keyshawn Johnson
Koren Robinson
Ruvell Martin
Carlisle Holiday
James Jones
David Clowney

Cut
Shawn Bodiford
Chris Francies
Calvin Russell
Carlton Brewster

Trade Robert Ferguson - or cut him

regardless. thats the beauty of Ted Thompsons plan and execution.
Looking at our Wide outs one might say... they could use some work maybe. now that we have cap room thanks to TT, you add a guy like key or moss... and the WR corp starts looking like one of the best in the league.

thanks to good depth, and great cap management.... we can have these conversations.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, I knew this thread was coming.

I'd love to have him, but I promise you he won't be a Packer.

Here's why: WR is a position stacked with young potential, guys who need PT to succeed.

The role of mentor/veteran sage guy is already filled. DD and Brett. If Donald wasn't a WR, I'd see more chance of it happening.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets see if TT really wants us to compete,,,, he has the money, he does not have to give any of his beloved picks, if only Keyshawn will agree to sign for the vets minimum and some ShopKo coupons !!!

And we get a BIG RED ZONE TARGET FOR BRETT, Uppss well maybe TT will pass on him then.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Compete....with "Just gimme the damn ball" Johnson?

The only thing bringing him in would do is take plays away from Jennings and our 3rd WR. Not my idea of a good scenario.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Looking at our Wide outs one might say... they could use some work maybe. now that we have cap room thanks to TT, you add a guy like key or moss... and the WR corp starts looking like one of the best in the league.

thanks to good depth, and great cap management.... we can have these conversations.

One could argue that the top players don't want to come here (ummm Moss) because we aren't competitive.. Converse all you want, so far this offseason that is what we have.. What if's.

But we have POTENTIAL :)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

One could argue that the top players don't want to come here (ummm Moss) because we aren't competitive.. Converse all you want, so far this offseason that is what we have.. What if's.

Moss picked NE over GB. Shocker. 99 out of 100 players would. NE has a great track record lately, and GB is just getting started. How many times do we have to go through this.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is 8 recievers too many to keep on the roster. Mind you adding keyshawn would let these younger guys learn on the job while key was here. then after hes gone in 2 years they are ready???? maybe.
Keep
Donald Driver
Greg Jennings
Keyshawn Johnson
Koren Robinson
Ruvell Martin
Carlisle Holiday
James Jones
David Clowney

Cut
Shawn Bodiford
Chris Francies
Calvin Russell
Carlton Brewster

Trade Robert Ferguson - or cut him

Hey how about cutting Bubba Franks? Bigger fumbler than Green ever was

Pack93z

Reaction score
Pack93z said:
Packnic said:

Moss picked NE over GB. Shocker. 99 out of 100 players would. NE has a great track record lately, and GB is just getting started. How many times do we have to go through this.

LOL... Had Ted excuted his plan.... or will his plan exit him from the GM spot?

Don't try to sell the plan... that is all that I ask...

robkeg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please TT let someone else deal with Keyshawn. We have a good young corp. of receivers and yes some guys like DD who will stress the idea of team and committment that a receiver needs. Let him go some where else.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The funny thing is, Keyshawn did say he would love to catch passes from Brett Favre, granted he was still a Panther!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Pack93z said:
Packnic said:

You seem to know all of ted's plans apparently. What team do you work for again? oh yeah...

sbp_387

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he would be a good threat in the red zone, a big target with sure hands. (we all know out TE's are not the best arround) this could be one way to counter it. Have him in when near the red zone.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Pack93z said:
tromadz said:
Pack93z said:
Packnic said:

You seem to know all of ted's plans apparently. What team do you work for again? oh yeah...

Nope just a fan that doesn't have confidence in the direction this team is heading... try again :)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Pack93z said:
tromadz said:
Pack93z said:
Packnic said:

Nope just a fan that doesn't have confidence in the direction this team is heading... try again :)

that's cool, don't pretend to know things you don't though. :thumbsup:

Members online

Latest posts