Kareem Hunt Released by Chiefs.....

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is probably the single worst take I have ever read on here on so many levels.
Really? I found it to be one of the most rational things I have read yet about this situation. That being said, I would pass on Hunt... simply because the video shows he lacks good judgement and is not surrounding himself with people that will help him make good decisions.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sadly, not much different than all the Joe Mixon fans. If Kareem Hunt was a backup, nobody would be clamoring for the Packers to overlook his behavior and sign him, but for some reason people are willing to overlook sh*t like this because of the potential talent he would bring as a Football Player. Meh...sorry, give these guys a second chance in a position where they aren't under the spotlight of kids looking for hero's and role models. If I had a 10 year old kid I sure would rather him/her watch this and learn the lesson, "you hit someone, you face the natural consequences, not "if you are a star, you get extra chances if you do bad things".
I’m with you to a point. I always want the Packers to select players with high character and I would not advocate signing Hunt due to this. However... after watching that video... I do not think it belongs in the same category as what Mixon did. What I saw in the Hunt Video was a lot of drunk people acting very stupid... and Hunt went too far. Mixon literally blind sided the woman and broke her jaw without any physical provocation. Mixon’s act was immensely violent and had no possible outcome other than what happened... a severely injured person on the receiving end of a vicious attack. Hunt deserves to be punished, but I agree with Sunshine885500.... there is a lot of culpability to be shared there.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I agree, it appears what we see in the "Hunt Video", is no where near the violence captured in the Mixon video. However, where do you draw the line? How much of Hunt's character flaws do we not see in this one particular video? Again, I'm not trying to play the perfect angel here, I got into a few drunk bar fights myself in college (none involving women), but when you have a Sport with as big of a spotlight on it as the NFL does, I think teams owe it to their fans to purge as much of this kind of behavior as possible. I have a feeling this, along with the fact that Hunt tried to lie his way out of it, is why the Chiefs cut a very good football player.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, it appears what we see in the "Hunt Video", is no where near the violence captured in the Mixon video. However, where do you draw the line? How much of Hunt's character flaws do we not see in this one particular video? Again, I'm not trying to play the perfect angel here, I got into a few drunk bar fights myself in college (none involving women), but when you have a Sport with as big of a spotlight on it as the NFL does, I think teams owe it to their fans to purge as much of this kind of behavior as possible. I have a feeling this, along with the fact that Hunt tried to lie his way out of it, is why the Chiefs cut a very good football player.
I agree ... and as I said... I don’t want the Packers do go anywhere near him. The rest of my comments are more about the way we tend to judge people based on what society tells us we should think rather than on the facts of what is actually happening. Hunt made a lot of poor choices starting with who he apparently chooses as his friends etc... and I do not condone what he did, I’m just not sure he should be lumped in with Mixon or Ray Rice.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Because kicking a women in the ribs when she is on the ground is just, well it's just not abuse.

Cleveland police never watched the video. Even thought the women asked them too.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? I found it to be one of the most rational things I have read yet about this situation. That being said, I would pass on Hunt... simply because the video shows he lacks good judgement and is not surrounding himself with people that will help him make good decisions.
Sadly not. Hitting a women doesn't take 'two to tango'. He was violent and he caused harm to others, end of. I doubt there is any justification that can be possible. As a athlete it's obvious he'll be judged differently than a common man. , that is reality.

I don't there are any 'degrees' of violence that can be rated on a scale and punished accordingly. It looks worse than it actually is and he's paying for it.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sunshine literally blamed the victim and poo pooed the incident as not being as bad as what Mixon and Rice did. There's nothing rational about that.

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
Sadly not. Hitting a women doesn't take 'two to tango'. He was violent and he caused harm to others, end of. I doubt there is any justification that can be possible. As a athlete it's obvious he'll be judged differently than a common man. , that is reality.

I don't there are any 'degrees' of violence that can be rated on a scale and punished accordingly. It looks worse than it actually is and he's paying for it.

I agree with you except I don’t know what your trying to say in the first sentence of your second paragraph. There are definitely degrees of violence. In the USA taking something like a dish and throwing it against the wall in an argument is domestic violence. This was definitely a step above pushing someone around. It was also definitely less than trying to cause serious harm. If you take a picture and destroy it while in an argument you’ll get a DV and possibly get fired but somehow this guy avoided judicial punishment? While I think he should face punishment l, what he did was way different than ray rice. Ray rice completely cold cocked his spouse and could have caused way worse damage than happened. The police or prosecutor failed in this instance. This is not something an ordinary joe would have gotten away with.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both instances (Mixon and Hunt) were terrible but I think the Hunts actions were at least as bad as Mixon's if not more so. I'm just going by what I saw on the videos but Mixon tried to walks away, the woman said something that stopped him then she shoved him, grabbed him by the throat (or shoulder) and took another swing at him and he punched her and walked out. Hunt shoved the woman and when she took a swing at him he punched at her and then kept trying to go after her, he left the area then came back, shoved someone else causing the woman to fall then he kept trying to go after someone and finally kicked the woman as she was sitting on the floor.

I can't help but wonder what he may have done if there were not all those people around holding everyone back. Like I said both acts were terrible but to say Hunts was not as bad as Mixon's I think is wrong. Mixon just had a harder punch.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you except I don’t know what your trying to say in the first sentence of your second paragraph. There are definitely degrees of violence. In the USA taking something like a dish and throwing it against the wall in an argument is domestic violence. This was definitely a step above pushing someone around. It was also definitely less than trying to cause serious harm. If you take a picture and destroy it while in an argument you’ll get a DV and possibly get fired but somehow this guy avoided judicial punishment? While I think he should face punishment l, what he did was way different than ray rice. Ray rice completely cold cocked his spouse and could have caused way worse damage than happened. The police or prosecutor failed in this instance. This is not something an ordinary joe would have gotten away with.

Both for Hill and Rice, there were no consequences to the women and both ended up with the players later on. Though it's not an excuse.

I double double throwing a dish against the wall applies here. The lady was thrown against the wall and she was winded after the that....leading to concussion or worse. In violence, the force and impact are not directly proportional. So I doubt any such rating is any better than an arbitrary decision.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is probably the single worst take I have ever read on here on so many levels.

Hunt is a Scumbag that shouldn't be given a second chance and someone that cheats on his wife, takes kids away from their parents, and grabs women by the crouch would get a gets a pass and can work without issues. But what do I know!

Oh and I was screaming for the Pack to keep Jared Cook when everyone was saying I was crazy and that Martellus Bennett was head and heels a better player. This doesn't deal with the same type of issue but how did that work out for GB?

We are all entitled to our opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sadly, not much different than all the Joe Mixon fans. If Kareem Hunt was a backup, nobody would be clamoring for the Packers to overlook his behavior and sign him, but for some reason people are willing to overlook sh*t like this because of the potential talent he would bring as a Football Player. Meh...sorry, give these guys a second chance in a position where they aren't under the spotlight of kids looking for hero's and role models. If I had a 10 year old kid I sure would rather him/her watch this and learn the lesson, "you hit someone, you face the natural consequences, not "if you are a star, you get extra chances if you do bad things".

In all seriousness, football is just a game and yes ball players are looked up to by kids so I definitely understand your dilemma. My hope is everyone is explaining to their families the issues the leader of our great country has being a father, family man, gentlemen, patriot, etc., but is a much larger role model than any athlete could every reach. No athletes are the only ones in the public eye who are held accountable and should never receive another chance to work in their profession because their impact on our society is so very valuable.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sunshine literally blamed the victim and poo pooed the incident as not being as bad as what Mixon and Rice did. There's nothing rational about that.

I tell you this you are mistaken my friend. Read what I wrote again!- I'm definitely not blaming the woman, what I said is that there are two sides to every story. I said that he should and will be punished, but know one knows what was said to him that set him off. Did he use horrible judgement - absolutely! Should he have even been out at 3am - that's a personal choice we've all made, but because of his status he's going to be a target. Ball players are talked to every preseason by women speakers to warn them of these types of situations, but it doesn't always resonate until something bad happens. Say for instance, they could have had a thing and she could have threatened him for cash. It wouldn't be the first time. We'll never really know what set him off the deep end, but in the end of the day he would have been better off staying home that night.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
todays world is a different world. the nfl is now a different league than in the past. this hunt kid is no question talented times 30 but the proof is right there on the video. he will learn a hard lesson for this. i am in no way condoning his behavior.

i would assume there is audio associated w this footage. interesting to hear the context of what was said.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts