Kaepernick

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Kaepernick still a big running threat ? He has 138 yards on 23 attempts so far this season. The Packers have such a hard time containing a running QB. Lineman usually over persue and the QB escapes. Maybe they should assign a LB as spy on the QB ?

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still a big running threat. We did a decent job for the most part with Wilson, so I expect we'll be giving Kaep the same kind of looks. He can try running, but we'll have a man glued to the LoS on each edge of the line, so he's not going to get anywhere easily.

One worry I have is that Kaep is crap under pressure, and if we get too cute on the pressures, particularly on the edge, we might start dropping that edge contain. If we lose the edge and he gets those 8 foot long legs moving, he disappears pretty fast.

D

Deleted member 6794

Is Kaepernick still a big running threat ? He has 138 yards on 23 attempts so far this season. The Packers have such a hard time containing a running QB. Lineman usually over persue and the QB escapes. Maybe they should assign a LB as spy on the QB ?

It's possible Matthews will function as a spy on Kaepernick on some occasions.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I am worried less about Kaepernick's influence on the game then I was a few years ago, when it seemed like he had the Packers number and his style of play was relatively new and poorly defensed. But just like people worried about Lynch, Wilson and Charles, Kap may get some yards on us with his feet, but with the way our defense has been playing and the way Kap and the 49'ers Offense have been playing, I'm not too concerned with him like I once was.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we can win this game as long as we make few errors, but I can see them putting up some points, especially at home. They have had our number the last couple of years and until we prove we can beat them, we can't say much. With that being said, it isn't the same team, but we will still need to not let Kap get around the corner and gain 5-6 yards (or more) regularly.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most are over hyping the read option. Wilson did run against us though we stopped Lynch. Same here, they'll expect us to concentrate on Hyde and Kaep may run a bit (his passing was horrendous last game anyway).

828Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kap has thrown 4 INT's to 2 TD's this year. Play contain and make him throw the ball. He's never beat a good team on passing alone, especially now that Crabtree is gone.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way these two teams have played the past couple of weeks, the game should be a pretty comfortable win. Kap might run some but it's going to be a LOT easier to contain him since the 49ers oline is pretty bad right now and the number of offensive threats the Packers have to focus on is 1.5 (Hyde running and the occasional deep Smith pass).