Justin Harrell

GB2009

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought this was kind of funny. It's from the Mock Draft on foxsports.com

12. Miami Dolphins -- Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee: The Dolphins could use a top wideout for Chad Henne to grow old with, but there should be several solid options available in later rounds. DT? There's not quite the same depth at the position. Dan Williams follows in the great tradition of Tennessee DTs before him (Albert Haynesworth, Justin Harrell, Aubreyo Franklin) and could anchor the Miami D-line for years to come.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I thought this was kind of funny. It's from the Mock Draft on foxsports.com

12. Miami Dolphins -- Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee: The Dolphins could use a top wideout for Chad Henne to grow old with, but there should be several solid options available in later rounds. DT? There's not quite the same depth at the position. Dan Williams follows in the great tradition of Tennessee DTs before him (Albert Haynesworth, Justin Harrell, Aubreyo Franklin) and could anchor the Miami D-line for years to come.

Hahahahahahahaha. He was a very good college player though. I will give him that.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Harrell it comes down to his back, if he can get over it this might be an excellent boost to our defensive line.

Nobody or artical tells me enough information with what is wrong with his back, I have a bad feeling it is something that is not correctable, never good when they have to cut on your back, and to come back to play at the NFL level at 300 pounds.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the plan with Harrell must be that he's a bonus.

You keep him in the roster, but you absolutely do not plan the team with him.

If he can play, he'll be a nice add to the team. But you have to build depth in case he doesn't.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
If they ever get anything out of Justin, at this point it is gravy. I don't think he is overly motivated. Back problems are a *****, but he never struck me as the type where football was his life and he'd do anything necessary to get back on the field. I am just guessing at that though - but it seems that way to me.

It is a shame because if he could actually play I think he'd be the prototypical 34 DE and extremely effective.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping JH can recover enough to be a contributor. What most of you forget is Johnny Jolly very well might be locked up. That drug charge in Houston is going to be tried this year, and while probation is a possibility, the majority of times the perp gets locked up. Jolly will have a very difficult time proving he's innocent.
So if Harrell can keep his back healthy, he could help out. I don't know about any of you, but back problems are nasty.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I'm hoping JH can recover enough to be a contributor. What most of you forget is Johnny Jolly very well might be locked up. That drug charge in Houston is going to be tried this year, and while probation is a possibility, the majority of times the perp gets locked up. Jolly will have a very difficult time proving he's innocent.
So if Harrell can keep his back healthy, he could help out. I don't know about any of you, but back problems are nasty.

I've read in more than one place that on a first time charge like that more than likely probation is the disposition of the court. That said, probably a 4 game suspension - unless we can get a good ruling by a Wisconsin judge on how to interpret that part of the CBA.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've read in more than one place that on a first time charge like that more than likely probation is the disposition of the court. That said, probably a 4 game suspension - unless we can get a good ruling by a Wisconsin judge on how to interpret that part of the CBA.
Any chance we can use that lovely Minnesota law on this case??? ;)

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Any chance we can use that lovely Minnesota law on this case??? ;)
Can't we just make something up? Just interpret the CBA in a favorable way for the Packers, then sue. Make sure the case is heard in the US court district in Milwaukee and let the chips fall where they may.... /sarcasm

:viksux:

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever happened to that talk about him back in training camp? The coaches were praising him because I think they finally found a spot for him. While he is a DT Harrell was described by the team to be a "perfect" 3-4 DE. I think this was the only reason why the packers kept him for this season. Otherwise I bet TT would've cut his *** already.

Members online

Latest posts