Just seen Chris Johnson is a free agent still.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i have to admit...... I watched this clip "this is what 4.2 looks like" about a hundred times.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I thought he would slip to us... I had him pegged as a GB Packer before he was ever considered a 1st round prospect. He came out SMOKIN!!!!!!!!!!!! wow... Then he got paid and disapeared... lol BAD!!!

I'd be interested to find out if he thought he was done or not? See if he can get motivated getting handoffs from a 2 time MVP? Running for a Lombardi trophy?

Maybe he shows up this year? Maybe he can beat the young RBs for the #3 spot?

Watch the video.... wow.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other veteran free agents that might be good on our depth chart short term.

Spikes ILB could be a good tough alternative, if one of the younger guys got hurt. or against short yardage runs.

Jake Long LT. Former 1st overall pick cant stay healthy. Maybe he can stay healthy on the bench? lol

Vick...... Veteran. I've seen him play well... I'd feel better about Vick back there rather than Tolzien...

D

Deleted member 6794

Absolutely no interest in Chris Johnson and Michael Vick. Brandon Spikes signed with the Patriots some days ago. Jake Long tore his ACL for the second time in late October, he probably won't be ready for the start of the season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
now there's a list of "hell no's" if I ever saw one. Well one is not available, one too injured to play and the other 2 I wouldn't even consider.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Several years ago I remember some Packer fans telling me how much better Johnson was than Peterson. Funny how things change.

BTW, he probably still better than half the backs in the NFL.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Several years ago I remember some Packer fans telling me how much better Johnson was than Peterson. Funny how things change.

BTW, he probably still better than half the backs in the NFL.

Whoever told you that was not a very smart Packer fan, but in their defense it is hard to give the Vikings credit for anything because, well, most Viking fans suck. ;)

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He flamed out but you can't deny the fact he could flat our BURN when he was younger. I loved the second clip on that video he hit the sideline and one of his coaches is standing there and sort of gave him the "clear for takeoff" salute as he went blazing past. Thought that was pretty cool. But yes, he got paid and flamed out for sure.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I also remember you telling Packer fans that Christian Ponder looked like he could be
The Vikings franchise quarterback.
Key phrase, "could be". Never said he was. He never got over the pressure aspect. Keep in mind, some day Rodgers will retire, and finding another good QB to replace him is not going to be easy.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep in mind, some day Rodgers will retire, and finding another good QB to replace him is not going to be easy.

Maybe hes on our roster now ;) (Brett Hundley) - But that's a big maybe....lmao

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chris Johnson is not a tallent problem. Its mental. Vick, I still think would give us a better chance to win than tolzien... Jake Long, didnt know he had an ACL. Just figured this guy could get healthy as a backup, and end up being a great backup LT for us for a while. I dont like Injured guys though. he was just 1st overall like 4 years ago. Figured he's worth a look.

D

Deleted member 6794

Chris Johnson is not a tallent problem. Its mental. Vick, I still think would give us a better chance to win than tolzien... Jake Long, didnt know he had an ACL. Just figured this guy could get healthy as a backup, and end up being a great backup LT for us for a while. I dont like Injured guys though. he was just 1st overall like 4 years ago. Figured he's worth a look.

Long was the first overall pick in 2008. He was mostly great during his time with the Dolphins and pretty good during his first year with the Rams. Even after tearing his ACL twice I don't think he will be looking to be a backup or ask for backup money.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's also an age problem, since he'll be 30 this season. .

I'm going to go out on a limb and say if Chris Johnson could still run a 4.2, he'd be on a roster right now.

Members online

Latest posts