Mon, Nov 21 Minnesota W 34-30
Sun, Nov 27 at Philadelphia L 38-24
Sun, Dec 4 at Chicago W 30-17
Sun, Dec 11 Detroit W 27-21
Mon, Dec 19 at Baltimore L 24-10
Sun, Dec 25 Chicago W 34-20
Sun, Jan 1 Seattle W 28-20

10-6

So, that's what I think is possible this year. I'll be very happy if they end up 10-6. Luckily for us, our schedule isn't extremely difficult this year. Chicago and Detroit twice (obviously), Cincy, Cleveland, Tampa. None of them are horrible teams IMO, but beatable. The toughest games (Baltimore, Philly, Carolina..) we may be able to squeak one of those out. We'll see... I know the Packers have many issues on both sides of the ball, but there's some great players on this club, too. Time will tell, but I think we'll be better than a lot of people think.

EDIT: I realize this is being fairly optimistic. I could see additional losses to the Vikings and Seahawks, maybe the Saints to put us anywhere from (gulp!) 7-9 to 10-6. I'm hoping for the best.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LambeauLeaper said:
Sun, Sep 11 at Detroit W 35-31
Sun, Sep 18 Cleveland W 30-17
Sun, Sep 25 Tampa Bay W 17-16
Mon, Oct 3 at Carolina L 27-13
Sun, Oct 9 New Orleans W 28-25
BYE WEEK
Sun, Oct 23 at Minnesota L 38-31
Sun, Oct 30 at Cincinnati W 24-14
Sun, Nov 6 Pittsburgh L 34-17
Sun, Nov 13 at Atlanta L 21-10
Mon, Nov 21 Minnesota W 34-30
Sun, Nov 27 at Philadelphia L 38-24
Sun, Dec 4 at Chicago W 30-17
Sun, Dec 11 Detroit W 27-21
Mon, Dec 19 at Baltimore L 24-10
Sun, Dec 25 Chicago W 34-20
Sun, Jan 1 Seattle W 28-20

10-6

So, that's what I think is possible this year. I'll be very happy if they end up 10-6. Luckily for us, our schedule isn't extremely difficult this year. Chicago and Detroit twice (obviously), Cincy, Cleveland, Tampa. None of them are horrible teams IMO, but beatable. The toughest games (Baltimore, Philly, Carolina..) we may be able to squeak one of those out. We'll see... I know the Packers have many issues on both sides of the ball, but there's some great players on this club, too. Time will tell, but I think we'll be better than a lot of people think.

EDIT: I realize this is being fairly optimistic. I could see additional losses to the Vikings and Seahawks, maybe the Saints to put us anywhere from (gulp!) 7-9 to 10-6. I'm hoping for the best.

Pretty good picks leaper. lets see if they come true. I think were gonna have a better than expected season.

favrefourevre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see us beating Carolina and Pittsburgh at least. Baltimore should be winnable as well. Remember the last time Favre faced their "vaunted" defense.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking about this post a few days ago...Well, the run-threw we did a few months back...Good to go over it again, right before we get things going...hmmmmm:

Sun, Sep 11 at Detroit W 28-24...Thanks Joey-CupCake!
Sun, Sep 18 Cleveland W 38-27...Don't blow it! O must not cost us.
Sun, Sep 25 Tampa Bay L 24-17...Let down by O.
Mon, Oct 3 at Carolina L 31-28...Tough team, faught hard.
Sun, Oct 9 New Orleans W 31-17...Win one before the bye! Got-it-done.
BYE WEEK
Sun, Oct 23 at Minnesota L 38-28...Vikes D is pumped.
Sun, Oct 30 at Cincinnati L 33-30...Too much Rudi, Cincy improved O.
Sun, Nov 6 Pittsburgh W 24-17...Huge game by our D, put up or shut up.
Sun, Nov 13 at Atlanta L 36-24...We can't handle the Vick scramble.
Mon, Nov 21 Minnesota W 38-17...Making our run. Thanks D!
Sun, Nov 27 at Philadelphia L 27-24...Cursed in Philly. Akers kills us.
Sun, Dec 4 at Chicago W 21-17...Must win.
Sun, Dec 11 Detroit W 35-21...Must win. Farve charging.
Mon, Dec 19 at Baltimore L 24-17...Tough game, win out.
Sun, Dec 25 Chicago W 34-19...CHI season already over, Luvy can't help.
Sun, Jan 1 Seattle W 27-10...Seattle with nothing to play for.

9-7

I think the D will get better as the season goes along---But teams will always find plays against us...That, plus simply facing a lot of decent-to-good offensive teams will make life a real challenge. Luckily, the offense will do what it has to and come to play everyday. That's the only way 9-7 is going to happen. Stupid INTs and fumbles are going to have to be kept in check, as they will REALLY be killer this year. We must beat the teams we should beat...and by and large, I think we'll do okay there...But once again, we will find a way to throw away some games on offense (like the Jax game last season, as a prime example). Here's hoping CLE doesn't turn into one of those type of games...Favre will lead this team on it's typical late season surge...Hopefully it won't be too-little-too-late...Once again, that will come down to how many games we give-away...This defense will work hard and do it's best, I hope. In Bates, I trust.

How much can the 'qweens bumble?

Hopefully...As much as always.

Go for Four, Green and Gold!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to figure it game-by-game, but I see the Pack going 8-8 this season. There are just too many weak spots on both the offensive and defensive lines. I hope I'm wrong about this, and that the Packers finish above .500 and win the division again. There is a chance that the defense will improve as the season goes on. I expect the secondary to improve, because there is some promising young talent there. But on the D-line I don't see a whole lot of promise in the young players. They seem to be stuck with a lot of tweeners who are not quite stout enough to play DT and not quite quick enough to be effective at DE.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
you see us losing to tampa bay? i know our team isnt that great..but cmon..

We're a better team than TB, but, as I said:

"...But once again, we will find a way to throw away some games on offense (like the Jax game last season, as a prime example). Here's hoping CLE doesn't turn into one of those type of games."

Or, Tampa, for that matter. Tampa's D isn't all that bad, afterall...God knows anyone will score something against our fresh D unit. Our offense would have to show, to win. Like most games...

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MajicMan said:
I was thinking about this post a few days ago...Well, the run-threw we did a few months back...Good to go over it again, right before we get things going...hmmmmm:

Sun, Sep 11 at Detroit W 28-24...Thanks Joey-CupCake!
Sun, Sep 18 Cleveland W 38-27...Don't blow it! O must not cost us.
Sun, Sep 25 Tampa Bay L 24-17...Let down by O.
Mon, Oct 3 at Carolina L 31-28...Tough team, faught hard.
Sun, Oct 9 New Orleans W 31-17...Win one before the bye! Got-it-done.
BYE WEEK
Sun, Oct 23 at Minnesota L 38-28...Vikes D is pumped.
Sun, Oct 30 at Cincinnati L 33-30...Too much Rudi, Cincy improved O.
Sun, Nov 6 Pittsburgh W 24-17...Huge game by our D, put up or shut up.
Sun, Nov 13 at Atlanta L 36-24...We can't handle the Vick scramble.
Mon, Nov 21 Minnesota W 38-17...Making our run. Thanks D!
Sun, Nov 27 at Philadelphia L 27-24...Cursed in Philly. Akers kills us.
Sun, Dec 4 at Chicago W 21-17...Must win.
Sun, Dec 11 Detroit W 35-21...Must win. Farve charging.
Mon, Dec 19 at Baltimore L 24-17...Tough game, win out.
Sun, Dec 25 Chicago W 34-19...CHI season already over, Luvy can't help.
Sun, Jan 1 Seattle W 27-10...Seattle with nothing to play for.

9-7

I think the D will get better as the season goes along---But teams will always find plays against us...That, plus simply facing a lot of decent-to-good offensive teams will make life a real challenge. Luckily, the offense will do what it has to and come to play everyday. That's the only way 9-7 is going to happen. Stupid INTs and fumbles are going to have to be kept in check, as they will REALLY be killer this year. We must beat the teams we should beat...and by and large, I think we'll do okay there...But once again, we will find a way to throw away some games on offense (like the Jax game last season, as a prime example). Here's hoping CLE doesn't turn into one of those type of games...Favre will lead this team on it's typical late season surge...Hopefully it won't be too-little-too-late...Once again, that will come down to how many games we give-away...This defense will work hard and do it's best, I hope. In Bates, I trust.

How much can the 'qweens bumble?

Hopefully...As much as always.

Go for Four, Green and Gold!
You have the Packers scoring no fewer than 21 points in any game for the entire season. Let's look at the last 5 seasons and see how many times the Packers failed to score more than 20 points in a game.
2004 - 5 times
2003 - 5 times
2002 - 6 times
2001 - 6 times
2000 - 7 times
The Packers have also scored less than 21 points in 4 of their last 5 playoff games. I find it hard to believe that they are going to score at least 21 points in every single game they play this season.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
I predict this weekend that the beer will be flowing and that the brats will be yummy :mrgreen:

MMMMM....

I making brats on gameday too, and I am also making Packer stew on Saturday night, letting it sit in the slow-cooker all night long.
Then I have my home-brewed "Gravedigger Golden Ale" on tap on my kegerator. YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many hours do we have to wait for this? *looks at watch, shrugs*

OP
OP
L

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
You have the Packers scoring no fewer than 21 points in any game for the entire season.

Actually, Phil, he's got them scoring less than 21 pts twice
(17pts against both Tampa and Baltimore). In my predictions, I have us scoring less than 21 pts five times. I even had them scoring only 10-13 pts against the great D's (Atlanta, Baltimore, and Carolina).

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
ArizonaPackerFan said:
I predict this weekend that the beer will be flowing and that the brats will be yummy :mrgreen:

MMMMM....

I making brats on gameday too, and I am also making Packer stew on Saturday night, letting it sit in the slow-cooker all night long.
Then I have my home-brewed "Gravedigger Golden Ale" on tap on my kegerator. YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many hours do we have to wait for this? *looks at watch, shrugs*

I ordered some hardrolls from Sheboygan for my brats this season. Nothing like double brats on a hardroll!

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LambeauLeaper said:
Philtration said:
You have the Packers scoring no fewer than 21 points in any game for the entire season.

(17pts against both Tampa and Baltimore). In my predictions, I have us scoring less than 21 pts five times. I even had them scoring only 10-13 pts against the great D's (Atlanta, Baltimore, and Carolina).

Thanks for clearing things up for me...

I think the offense will be forced to put up points, even in a losing effort, they are going to put up points. Favre always makes a charge. Well...Ussually. :lol:

Who really knows?

This is all just flat out guessing...

Just imagine if any of us were really in the ballpark, at the end of the season...Wacky stuff.

I stand by my statements...The game scores can always be nit-picked.

Wacky-ness always happens in the NFL, anyways.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt we win 5 of 6 in our division and we will get knocked off by either Detroit or Chicago or both. Still think 10-6 is possible.

OP
OP
L

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know, Pax.. Detroit and Chicago always play us tough - even when their teams have been less talented than the ones they have now. I wouldn't be surprised to see losses to either, and hopefully we can make it up against one of the other teams.. I think 10-6 will win the division.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LambeauLeaper said:
Philtration said:

You are right, I missed that. Still a stretch but I stand corrected.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I ordered some hardrolls from Sheboygan for my brats this season. Nothing like double brats on a hardroll!

Funny how we forget some of the special little enjoyments of life. I haven't done double brats for years and I am going to make a point of it this football season. You can stuff more "goodies" between the brats. Thanks for the reminder TOP.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts