Just finished my most recent Packer project

4StarCustoms

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been taking McFarlane sportspick figures and customizing them for over 6 years now. Ever since I saw the cover of SI after the Super Bowl I've been wanting to turn this picture into a display for my man cave. Finally was able to make that happen. I hope you all enjoy my latest piece!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
4StarCustoms

4StarCustoms

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you gents. As far as making it, there is a company (McFarlane) that make very detailed 6" sports figures. Some figures, I will just take and completely repaint into another player. In this case, I took parts from about 15 different players and pinned them into the basic pose. Then I did some sculpting to make it look more seamless. Then I paint and decal it from head to toe.

Think of a doing a model car. This is like taking 15 model car kits and using parts from each to come up with an original car and then painting it.

Here is an early picture after I had decided on the parts but before sculpting. You can see the pins in Jordy's legs and right shoulder that needed to be sculpted over.

Last edited:

Steve0492

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, I can't see the final picture of the work in progress. Mind reposting? The finished product looks awesome!

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of custom McFarlanes. Some are nice and some are well, not so nice. This is by far the best piece I have ever seen. The attention to every last detail is amazing! Nice job.

OP
OP
4StarCustoms

4StarCustoms

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, I can't see the final picture of the work in progress. Mind reposting? The finished product looks awesome!

Thank you! I forgot to paste it in. You should be able to see it now.

I've seen a lot of custom McFarlanes. Some are nice and some are well, not so nice. This is by far the best piece I have ever seen. The attention to every last detail is amazing! Nice job.

eBay has quite a gallery of questionable work. Thank you for your kind words. I have a few other pieces that I'll have to organize and post that turned out pretty good.

They look awesome!

Have you ever tried a 3D printer btw?

Thank you. I have not dabbled with 3D printers yet. The early McFarlane figures were all hand sculpted and then cast and molded and the detail was incredible. The newer figures are done via 3D scans and so much of the detail is gone now. It use to be that the mesh was sculpted right into the jersey and the newer figures have almost no texture at all.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great work, nice attention to detail! It's cool to see the talents that others have, and you sir have a pretty good talent!

greenbay486

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW! Absolutely amazing work. I have a 2003 model of Favre and your level of detail is stunning. I would be proud to display it in my man room, I can only guess how pleased you are to have it in yours. Awesome.

Members online

Latest posts