1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jordy Nelson

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Frozencheese, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Frozencheese

Frozencheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +24
  2. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    Hard to argue. Only Sterling Sharpe's 94' season was probably better

3. Frozencheese

Frozencheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +24
    yeah, that was the only one that really jumped out at me. Brooks and Freeman were close too.

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Football Outsiders not only made the case that he's had the best season since Hutson, they've made the case that he's had the single best season since 1992 (when they started measuring)

http://footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2012/final-2011-dvoa-ratings

Personal opinion? I think Nelson had a monstruous season, but he benefited a lot from the constant worry about Jennings and Finley. With both in the lineup, he has been singled out, and always against the #2 or #3 CB..

That's not to say he wasn't terrific, he has been incredibly consistant, and he has made some huge, huge catches. There've been plenty of players in this league that have faced similar situation and none of them have had the season Jordy has had. Another important aspect is that, with Jennings out, his production, outside of the KC game where the whole offense stalled, has not declined, even facing better opposition. And he just had a monstrous game without Rodgers, so it's not like the QB is making the receiver.

• Like Like x 2
  5. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Sterling was special, and Robert Brooks put up a helluva season as the #1 target.
    But Jordyzzzz has been phenomenal, and I hope he keeps his home-TD streak alive to Indy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    I'd love to see James Lofton in this offense.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Frozencheese

Frozencheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +24
    15 td's - no pro bowl? I'm not saying its a travesty, all the WR's on the pro bowl roster deserve it, but 15 td's WOW.

8. peteralan71

peteralan71 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +51
    I honestly don't think that he should be entirely out of the all-pro discussion for this season. Look at the numbers. It makes sense. Victor Cruz too.

9. Frozencheese

Frozencheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +24
    I am sure his catch total might hurt him in some voters eyes. Make no sense to me, but just look at everyone's love affair with Wes Welker. I agree with Victor Cruz, he came out of NOWHERE. I think that Nelson ought to be on the pro bowl team instead of Fitzgerald or Smith for that matter.

• Like Like x 1
  10. peteralan71

peteralan71 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +51
    Agreed. His lack of TSS makes his high td # even more impressive.

11. okcpackerfan

okcpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +186
    I think sterlings top 3 years were all more impressive...mainly because he had a horrible QB throwing him in the ball when he was triple covered every play.

;)

12. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Best WR I've ever seen (I didn't watch much Rice on his prime). Sterling was a bigger, stronger Greg Jennings. Just a monster that ran great routes, was a punishing blocker, won every ball thrown at him, was a terrific deep threat, all of this without being able to practice.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,274
    TT got such a deal on Jordy. wow

14. SanDiegoCheese

SanDiegoCheese West Coast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    Yup, Sterling was something special. GREAT, GREAT WR.

15. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Jordy has been amazing but its going to be hard to crack the Larry Fitzgerald/Calvin Johnson strangehold as the perennially best NFC wideouts.

I'm excited to see how explosive we are as Gurley will most likely be added to 53 man roster next season. Yowsers!

16. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,231
    I like Jordy because he can flat...out... PLAY and doesn't grandstand. The guy is a farm boy which is a trait near and dear to my heart. If you can drive a tractor, bale hay and catch a post pattern, over your shoulder, in stride ... you're aces in my book.