Jim Taylor has died

H

HardRightEdge

This one resonates for me more than the others. As a child, Taylor was my favorite offensive player among the Lombardi Packers. I still contend he was the primary engine of those offenses..

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was an absolute monster. R.I.P. Mr. Taylor and thanks for everything you gave to those glorious Packers. Condolences to your family and friends.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#2 all-time leading rusher when he retired. beat jim brown for the rushing title in 62. an nfl legend. met him once. talked for a long time with my kids and i. very nice man.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This one resonates for me more than the others. As a child, Taylor was my favorite offensive player among the Lombardi Packers. I still contend he was the primary engine of those offenses..

You are certainly not alone in that contention. I am much much to young to have ever seen him play (OK maybe much much is a bit much but I didn't get a chance to watch him play) but it does seem that he doesn't get the props that Starr (obviously) and Hornung get and even some of the other. He does get his props but I don; think he is ever really thought of first when the glory years are remembered and maybe he should be a bit more. With the way I love a good running game I am pretty sure I would have loved to watch him.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amazing that when I hear of a Lombardi era Packer passing away it still chokes me up even though I wasn't even born during this time.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

hey bill, notice how he spelled favorite? PROPER!! lol

One of the all time greats, Jimmy Taylor was a BEAST...ran over em rather than around em

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A beloved Lambeau Legend - Beast Mode before Marshawn was a twinkle in his dad's eye.

RIP.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sad to hear. Going to the Idaho Vandals homecoming parade Friday. Jerry Kramer is the Grand Marshall. Hope I can get him to sign my hat even though it’s 7 years old. My first organized football was as a “pulling guard” on my 6th grade team in Milwaukee back in ‘67. Keepin my fingers and toes crossed!!

Members online

Latest posts