jets <<now Giant >> nt. damon harrison. 6'4" 350...

D

Deleted member 6794

i want harrison and raji. next time we need a goal line stand, we'll get it.

Harrison would for sure upgrade the run defense. There's no way the Packers are capable of affording both Harrison and Raji with the team's cap space available though.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harrison would for sure upgrade the run defense. There's no way the Packers are capable of affording both Harrison and Raji with the team's cap space available though.
What you think Harrison would make?
I suspect Raji will only get a few mil a year.
After the signing of Guion. I doubt we will bring in 2 more NTs. But overall, I dont care. lol i just want what I want. And i want our def front to squish the pocket to death.

D

Deleted member 6794

What you think Harrison would make?
I suspect Raji will only get a few mil a year.
After the signing of Guion. I doubt we will bring in 2 more NTs. But overall, I dont care. lol i just want what I want. And i want our def front to squish the pocket to death.

There were reports early this offseason that Harrison will ask at least for $5 million per season. As of right now it seems the Titans are the front runners to sign him.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were reports early this offseason that Harrison will ask at least for $5 million per season. As of right now it seems the Titans are the front runners to sign him.

With teams like Oakland, Jax, Tenn etc with not only money to spend but money they HAVE to spend, there's just no way we're going to be able to compete for a guy like Harrison no matter how much I want him.

The money that is going to be thrown around in about 24 hours is going to make your head spin (per usual). It's already started with a guy like Dwayne Allen, an utterly ridiculous deal IMO and no way Ted is going to be in the mix at these numbers. Not that he won't he can't.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
some teams just don't learn either. I'm reading about Miami's plans, albeit briefly, but cut their pro bowl corner after just re-signing him like a year ago to a pretty decent contract? For what reason, so they can trade for an overpriced and under performing Byron Maxwell? They've restructured some crazy contracts to get under the cap, but it seems their bill is due already and they haven't won anything. Maybe all those reports are false, but considering their history, it wouldn't surprise if they're true either.

I am not going to get upset when we don't sign anybody that first week, I don't think those contracts are worth it for any team or player. If that's the start for FA TE's, i'm not blaming Ted either for not bringing anyone in. None of those guys is a difference maker, but some are being paid like one. No thanks. I hope this is just a case of one team being stupid. I gotta believe there will be some veteran TE's available for a decent price by the time this is all over. If not, i'm still more concerned about Oline depth, ILB and DL/OLB depending on what happens with our own FA's there.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With teams like Oakland, Jax, Tenn etc with not only money to spend but money they HAVE to spend, there's just no way we're going to be able to compete for a guy like Harrison no matter how much I want him.

The money that is going to be thrown around in about 24 hours is going to make your head spin (per usual). It's already started with a guy like Dwayne Allen, an utterly ridiculous deal IMO and no way Ted is going to be in the mix at these numbers. Not that he won't he can't.
yup, some of these teams are going to throw around some crazy money

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first 48 hours of free-agency is also-known-as "stupid money time". Teams that wait till the third day are more likely to find some bargains, albeit with most of the big ticket items off the shelf. I doubt that Ted will make a move before that, but who knows.

D

Deleted member 6794

According to Rand Getlin of the NFL Network the deal is for five years, $46.25 million with $20 million guaranteed. Massive deal, way too much money for the Packers to match.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is crazy money for him. And this is why being inactive on day 1 is okay. You rarely get good value. Now if we could be more active the next couple weeks that would be nice

Latest posts