1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

jets <<now Giant >> nt. damon harrison. 6'4" 350...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Eli Haugen, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Eli Haugen

Eli Haugen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +255
    i want a upgrade if we let raji go... this could be one? thoughts?

2. Eli Haugen

Eli Haugen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +255
    i want harrison and raji. next time we need a goal line stand, we'll get it.

3. CashInFist

CashInFist Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +68
    Yeah get him if we can. Dude can play.

4. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,597
    Harrison would for sure upgrade the run defense. There's no way the Packers are capable of affording both Harrison and Raji with the team's cap space available though.

5. Eli Haugen

Eli Haugen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +255
    What you think Harrison would make?
    I suspect Raji will only get a few mil a year.
    After the signing of Guion. I doubt we will bring in 2 more NTs. But overall, I dont care. lol i just want what I want. And i want our def front to squish the pocket to death.

6. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,597
    There were reports early this offseason that Harrison will ask at least for $5 million per season. As of right now it seems the Titans are the front runners to sign him.

7. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +525
    With teams like Oakland, Jax, Tenn etc with not only money to spend but money they HAVE to spend, there's just no way we're going to be able to compete for a guy like Harrison no matter how much I want him.

The money that is going to be thrown around in about 24 hours is going to make your head spin (per usual). It's already started with a guy like Dwayne Allen, an utterly ridiculous deal IMO and no way Ted is going to be in the mix at these numbers. Not that he won't he can't.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,779
    some teams just don't learn either. I'm reading about Miami's plans, albeit briefly, but cut their pro bowl corner after just re-signing him like a year ago to a pretty decent contract? For what reason, so they can trade for an overpriced and under performing Byron Maxwell? They've restructured some crazy contracts to get under the cap, but it seems their bill is due already and they haven't won anything. Maybe all those reports are false, but considering their history, it wouldn't surprise if they're true either.

I am not going to get upset when we don't sign anybody that first week, I don't think those contracts are worth it for any team or player. If that's the start for FA TE's, i'm not blaming Ted either for not bringing anyone in. None of those guys is a difference maker, but some are being paid like one. No thanks. I hope this is just a case of one team being stupid. I gotta believe there will be some veteran TE's available for a decent price by the time this is all over. If not, i'm still more concerned about Oline depth, ILB and DL/OLB depending on what happens with our own FA's there.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    yup, some of these teams are going to throw around some crazy money

10. Curly Calhoun

Curly Calhoun Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +269
    The first 48 hours of free-agency is also-known-as "stupid money time". Teams that wait till the third day are more likely to find some bargains, albeit with most of the big ticket items off the shelf. I doubt that Ted will make a move before that, but who knows.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,597
    Harrison has agreed to a deal with the Giants.

12. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +525
    Ugh.. beat me to it Captain lol.

13. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,597
    According to Rand Getlin of the NFL Network the deal is for five years, $46.25 million with $20 million guaranteed. Massive deal, way too much money for the Packers to match.

14. bigbubbatd

bigbubbatd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +321
    That is crazy money for him. And this is why being inactive on day 1 is okay. You rarely get good value. Now if we could be more active the next couple weeks that would be nice