Jerry Kramer finally Enters the Hall!

H

HardRightEdge

It's nice they got it done while Kramer is still around to enjoy it.

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had to go online to get this info. The local Twin Cities station was too enamored of Moss to announce anyone else.
I cheered when I learned of his induction! I am so happy for him!

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
About time. When Vince Lombardi calls you "the best player that I ever coached", it's probably long overdue that he be in the Hall.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
About time. When Vince Lombardi calls you "the best player that I ever coached", it's probably long overdue that he be in the Hall.
Not sure I head that quote before. Most say it was Forrest Gregg. But according to my Google search he said it about Hornung.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never understood why he wasn't inducted much earlier:

Played 11 seasons. 5 time All-Pro, 5 time NFL champion, elected to NFL's 50th anniversary team, elected to the all-1960's team, one of the key blockers for one of the NFL's most iconic plays (the Packer sweep), lead blocker for one of the NFL's most iconic plays in one of the NFL's most iconic games (Ice Bowl Bart Starr sneak), and wrote one of the most iconic books about sports in history. Plus, he's regarded as an all-around good guy who has spent a lot time championing the health crisis of NFL players of his era.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's too bad it took so long and too many teammates are no longer here to celebrate it with him. Had to be pettiness by many voters to have kept him out this long.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read Instant Replay when I was about 12 years old. I still have vivid memories of reading it. Outstanding book.

If you haven't read it and have any interest in the Lombardi Packers--you should.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish I'd known in '83 he wasn't a HOFer I would've been writing daily letters to the HOF 35 years ago! Congratulations Mr. Kramer

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good for Jerry Kramer. It’s about 35 years overdue, something that baffles me, but in the end, this is where he belongs. Congrats Jerry, and thanks for all those great years with the Packers, and all those championships!

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was an outrage that this man had to wait this long. Terrell Davis got in before him...ugh. If Davis got in, then Sterling Sharpe deserves a hell of a look.

Members online

Latest posts