Jennings on Favre's return: "I don't care"

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
From PFT.com :
The man who caught Brett Favre's record setting touchdown pass number 421 has a healthy attitude regarding the potential return of his former quarterback to the NFC North.

"I don't care," Greg Jennings said after a workout earlier this week.

While that may be a tough outlook for the rest of Wisconsin to adopt, it's worth questioning whether Jennings even truly feels that way. He sounds rather happy the annual Favre drama is behind him.

"Last year we had a lot of 'What ifs?' That if was kind of floating around above everybody's head. But this year there is no doubt about who's the guy.

"We're coming in solid, everybody knows what to expect from everyone else and there's no excuse. I've said that all of minicamps, the OTAs and everything. There is no excuse this year. . . . It's all on us."

Jennings appears to realize that Favre's likely decision to play for the Vikings will not determine Green Bay's fate. The Packers have enough young talent hitting their prime to win the division.

And no matter annoying Favre's summer waffling has become, how can football fans not be intrigued by the compelling storylines his return would create?

"I'm like, 'Let him go.' To each his own," Jennings said to Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. "We're focused on what we're doing in Green Bay and if he shows up in that purple jersey then he's the enemy now."
Love the part about :IT'S ALL ON US" :happy0005:

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like he has the right attitude, dont worry about it's Bretts decision and if he does become a Viking he's the enemy.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnett said the same thing about him wearing purple and becoming the enemy... Maybe it's a rehearsed thing? Maybe after separate showers and diva actions and last year's fiasco they're sick of him?

bp65

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnett said the same thing about him wearing purple and becoming the enemy... Maybe it's a rehearsed thing? Maybe after separate showers and diva actions and last year's fiasco they're sick of him?

I beleive Greg might not care but I think Barnett would make it a priority to land some big hits on Brett

The Waterboy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as Favre is around people will want to know what both Packer players and fans think about what he's up to.Here in Ohio where there aren't a tone of GB fans I'm constantly asked what I think about Brett doing this and Brett saying that by friends that know I'm a GB fan.It gets a little old but I usually just tell them the same thing Jennings said along with reminding them that Brett doesn't play for the Packers anymore.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The approach makes sense. Favre no longer considers himself a Packer so why should we consider him any longer as "ours."
But it does disgust me to think that for just one season Minnesota will be able to horn in on Favre's Hall of Fame resume.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The approach makes sense. Favre no longer considers himself a Packer so why should we consider him any longer as "ours."
But it does disgust me to think that for just one season Minnesota will be able to horn in on Favre's Hall of Fame resume.

"Favre no longer considers himself a Packer"...???

Neither did Thom P. Tedson....

Why don't you get on HIS *** for trading him away.

Jeesh...you people act like you OWN the guy for life, or something....
:frustrated:

AirGarcia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love me some Greg Jennings...I will always love Brett for the joy he has provided while watching the greatest sporting franchise in all of the world. However, I used to be really pissed about it, now I don't care if he wants to still play, go for it Brett. We'll (Packer nation that is) all get the last laugh...First Post! FTW

America

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Favre no longer considers himself a Packer"...???

Neither did Thom P. Tedson....

Why don't you get on HIS *** for trading him away.

Levity Dorsen.....I hate to confuse people with facts. Really I do. Especially when they're happy with their delusions.

But I have to remind you that FAVRE REQUESTED A TRADE rather than be the backup to Rodgers.

FIRST he retired, then he wanted his release, then he accepted a trade. The Packers made it clear that he could come back in some other capacity than that of starting QB.

Favre left the Packers. Period. He wasn't pushed out the door, or traded away, or unceremoniously dumped. The organization made a decision that they were better off with Rodgers than they would be with a Favre who had missed all of the OTAs and minicamps.

The offered him $25 million to remain retired and associated with the Packers. Favre turned them down out of a blind spitefulness and desire to "get back at" the Packers for moving on before he was ready.

Those are the facts. Deal.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jennings is lucky he had another good QB in the waiting. Looking forward to Jennings having a great year this year.