1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jennings on Favre's return: "I don't care"

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by wizard 87, Jul 11, 2009.

1. wizard 87

wizard 87 Old Enough To Know Better

Ratings:
    +11
    From PFT.com :
    Love the part about :IT'S ALL ON US" :happy0005:

2. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Seems like he has the right attitude, dont worry about it's Bretts decision and if he does become a Viking he's the enemy.

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Barnett said the same thing about him wearing purple and becoming the enemy... Maybe it's a rehearsed thing? Maybe after separate showers and diva actions and last year's fiasco they're sick of him?

4. bp65

bp65 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I beleive Greg might not care but I think Barnett would make it a priority to land some big hits on Brett

5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As long as Favre is around people will want to know what both Packer players and fans think about what he's up to.Here in Ohio where there aren't a tone of GB fans I'm constantly asked what I think about Brett doing this and Brett saying that by friends that know I'm a GB fan.It gets a little old but I usually just tell them the same thing Jennings said along with reminding them that Brett doesn't play for the Packers anymore.

6. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +514
    The approach makes sense. Favre no longer considers himself a Packer so why should we consider him any longer as "ours."
    But it does disgust me to think that for just one season Minnesota will be able to horn in on Favre's Hall of Fame resume.

7. D.Levens

D.Levens Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    "Favre no longer considers himself a Packer"...???

Neither did Thom P. Tedson....

Why don't you get on HIS *** for trading him away.

Jeesh...you people act like you OWN the guy for life, or something....
    :frustrated:

8. AirGarcia

AirGarcia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Love me some Greg Jennings...I will always love Brett for the joy he has provided while watching the greatest sporting franchise in all of the world. However, I used to be really pissed about it, now I don't care if he wants to still play, go for it Brett. We'll (Packer nation that is) all get the last laugh...First Post! FTW

9. America

America Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Levity Dorsen.....I hate to confuse people with facts. Really I do. Especially when they're happy with their delusions.

But I have to remind you that FAVRE REQUESTED A TRADE rather than be the backup to Rodgers.

FIRST he retired, then he wanted his release, then he accepted a trade. The Packers made it clear that he could come back in some other capacity than that of starting QB.

Favre left the Packers. Period. He wasn't pushed out the door, or traded away, or unceremoniously dumped. The organization made a decision that they were better off with Rodgers than they would be with a Favre who had missed all of the OTAs and minicamps.

The offered him $25 million to remain retired and associated with the Packers. Favre turned them down out of a blind spitefulness and desire to "get back at" the Packers for moving on before he was ready.

Those are the facts. Deal.

10. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +327
    Jennings is lucky he had another good QB in the waiting. Looking forward to Jennings having a great year this year.