Jarron Gilbert

boisenjm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy is a freak, just check out some of the videos on Youtube. I think he would be a good 3-4 DE if we couldn't get Tyson Jackson. I haven't seen which round of the draft he is supposed to go in but it's always good to have guys like this on the team.

OP
OP
B

boisenjm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is how I heard of him. Here's what Todd McShay has to say about him.

Jarron Gilbert, DT, San Jose State
Gilbert is a physical freak. Just check out the now-famous YouTube clip of him jumping out of a pool with 3 feet of water and landing on his feet. Gilbert is a pretty good football player, too. In fact, he led the FBS with 22 tackles for loss in 2008. With his rare combination of size potential, wingspan and agility, Gilbert is bound to improve his already skyrocketing NFL draft stock during his four days in Indianapolis.

spartacheese520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live here in California and attend San Jose State myself and I pretty much echo what boise said about Gilbert. Although if BJ Raji is still available at #9, TT has to take him, otherwise TT should pull the trigger for Gilbert. Can't wait for the draft.

tbaier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just watched the youtube highlights of Gilbert. I have to agree with you that he has got some talent. I really enjoy following the draft, and i haven't really paid that close of attention to him. How has he done against better teams?

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
spartacheese520 said:
I live here in California and attend San Jose State myself and I pretty much echo what boise said about Gilbert. Although if BJ Raji is still available at #9, TT has to take him, otherwise TT should pull the trigger for Gilbert. Can't wait for the draft.

Are you sayin take gilbert at 9????? :lol:

NormalSizedMidget

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last time I checked jumping out of a pool with 3 feet of water in it doesn't qualify you to play in the NFL. See Archuleta, Adam. :p Seriously though that is pretty insane but I imagine scouts, coaches, GMs don't make adjustments their draft boards based on Youtube.com.

pacman5252

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to take him with our pick in the second. He had over 20 TFL this season. He probably has the best first step out of all the bigger lineman. He is the ideal 3-4 end and will be better than Tyson Jackson, who is just big and overrated (this years Calias Cambell)

nelanator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NormalSizedMidget said:
Last time I checked jumping out of a pool with 3 feet of water in it doesn't qualify you to play in the NFL. See Archuleta, Adam. :p Seriously though that is pretty insane but I imagine scouts, coaches, GMs don't make adjustments their draft boards based on Youtube.com.

This. But apparently Pat Kirwin bases his mock drafts off of youtube clips...

freefromwhatyouare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know a ton about Gilbert but saw him play 4 times in college and was impressed. However, I know he can't play tackle and I feel he doesn't fit a DE in Capers hybrid 3-4.

I just feel he is a player that would get lost with no home in Capers defense.

I do like the way he plays if they could fit him in somewhere. Also IF you could get him in the third round which I don't think you can. I see him going late second round.

I have many players ahead of him for second round selections. He would indeed be a value though in the third for someone. Again, I just don't think he fits what the Packers are looking for.

spartacheese520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aa-rodg_is_cool said:
spartacheese520 said:

Are you sayin take gilbert at 9????? :lol:

What I meant here is that if Raji is still available at #9, TT should obviously take him. If not, TT should take the BPA at #9. He should still make a play for Gilbert in the later rounds. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I guess I was just lazy to type it all out.

Latest posts