James jones fumble

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm very proud of this forum....know one has complained about James Jones fumble. It was an accident. It sucks! but i think when we had Brett Favre for all those years losing big games at the end.... It got us ready to handle this loss

GO PACK

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
only thing i didnt like is it looked like he was slowing down and ready to go out of bounds way too early and may have loosened his grip as he got smacked. oh well it happens. disappointed yes, but its only one game.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Haha yeah, fumbles are a natural part of the game. 18 penalties are not...Lovie is apparently paying his way into keeping that head coaching job.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but that fumble was unacceptable. What did he think was gonna happen once contact was made? Just can't do that. I remember Jones doing that TWICE in one game vs. the Bears in 07, and now he pulls the same ****. Seriously, when the clock is inside 4 minutes vs. the Bears and we have the ball, I want his *** on the sidelines. There's no ****ing reason we should have lost tonight. None. We had the chance, despite the ******** penalties and horrible special teams play, to win this game and take a firm hold in the division. And we blew it with a stupid ****ing turnover.

*******. Hope he feels like ****.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i kinda agree with chris on this one...

first off, Jones is like the last person i'm going to blame, but he shouldn't get a free pass like anyone else...

not only did not not have a strong hold, he had the ball in his left hand ( i think) while it shoulda been in his right, and even then his free hand wasn't protecting it. don't get me wrong, i like James, but he does not get off with no criticism.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha yeah, fumbles are a natural part of the game. 18 penalties are not...Lovie is apparently paying his way into keeping that head coaching job.

He is one of the worst coaches in the NFL, they can have him. Even my Bears loving cousin can't stand him.

I actually think Jones played a great game, fumble aside.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he did play a great game, he had a lot of targets and production, but that fumble is just a brainfart on basic fundamentals, totally sucks, that left a real bad taste in my mouth

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Agree with Chris. That fumble was inexcusable with what, 3 minutes and change on the clock and our offense driving for a winning FG/TD. James Jones seems to do well but then makes a stupid play (ex the Fumble and others). Jones should be benched.

Bear fans are smacking how they dominated the Packers hen they are told the better team lost due to penalties and a critical turnover. Bear fans haven't had anything to cheer about in a long time so let em smack. They won, and to the victors go the spoils I guess.

Only 1 game guys. After next week it will be forgotten (thankfully). MM hopefully will tear this team (and himself) a new one and this will be our Tampa Bay game and from here on out our team plays with more poise.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
he did play a great game, he had a lot of targets and production, but that fumble is just a brainfart on basic fundamentals, totally sucks, that left a real bad taste in my mouth

Yeah, I could taste that brain fart.

Me [after James Jones Fumbles on the game winning drive] Was that a colossal brain fart?
James Jones I don't know.
Me I can taste it. On my tongue.
James Jones Okay, I'll be honest with you. I did brain fart.
Me Is that a Fumble? Fumble and... Fumble and a blown game.
James Jones: It stinks. And this was an important drive.
GB team: ****.
Me Okay. Now the SB talk seem kind of f'd up.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he could learn how to hold onto a ball from driver, dude always locks it in

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
he could learn how to hold onto a ball from driver, dude always locks it in

I thought the same thing. I told my good friend who is a bears fan how mad I was at jones, and he said, "that stuff happens, its football, people make plays", and I responded by saying theres a reason donald driver is known as mr. reliable, and why he is an aging reciever who still gets the ball alot.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
It always amazes me to see a player in the NFL carry the ball with the wrong hand as they run down the sidelines. It is one of those early things taught to the little guys in Pop Warner league. It's fundamental.

So, yes, no matter how well he played this game, James Jones deserves to be blasted for not properly protecting the ball when HE NEEDED TO. He didn't even bother wrapping it up with his other hand-- which apparently was needed to do something else at this particular moment.

Complete unacceptable failure to do his job, imo.

Then, when I saw the fumble "defy" physics and twirl just inside the sidelines and the defense fall on it without managing to boot it out of bounds as usually happens... well, I realized that this just simply was not our game.

Oh, well. Hopefully next week, Coach will "straighten this stuff up".

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It always amazes me to see a player in the NFL carry the ball with the wrong hand as they run down the sidelines. It is one of those early things taught to the little guys in Pop Warner league. It's fundamental.

So, yes, no matter how well he played this game, James Jones deserves to be blasted for not properly protecting the ball when HE NEEDED TO. He didn't even bother wrapping it up with his other hand-- which apparently was needed to do something else at this particular moment.

Complete unacceptable failure to do his job, imo.

Jones is a very good WR but why...oh God, why...does he keeps doing this same ****? C'mon! Holding the ball with the wrong hand, with 3 minutes, knowing that himself screw the Packers against the Bears in 07! 3 years later, the same thing! That's just stupid! With all the penalties and Tauscher ******** a TD and Zombo ******** an interception, that game was still ours to win!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so your first post to our forum is spam. Got it. Hopefully a Mod will delete it.

Members online

Latest posts