Jamari Lattimore has signed restricted tender

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I'm indifferent. An undersized run stopping WILB who needs to see the play is nothing to get excited about. He'll earn his ST money.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm indifferent. An undersized run stopping WILB who needs to see the play is nothing to get excited about. He'll earn his ST money.

If he can grasp the scheme 100% I think he's worth it. To many times last year he was out of position but he did make a few nice plays that got me excited. If we don't take Borland or CJ Mosley doesn't drop to us Lattimore is still an upgrade over Brad Jones.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If he can grasp the scheme 100% I think he's worth it. To many times last year he was out of position but he did make a few nice plays that got me excited. If we don't take Borland or CJ Mosley doesn't drop to us Lattimore is still an upgrade over Brad Jones.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Since no other team gave him an offer - I think Friday is the deadline, he had no choice but to sign with the Packers or retire.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Why would he need to retire? He could always get picked up after training camp cuts or injuries.
If he doesn't sign the Packers would still own his rights and I believe if he doesn't sign until sometime in June he would receive less than one-half of the tender amount. As I said, if he didn't get an offer from another team and if he wants to play in the NFL, the only sensible thing for him to do is sign the tender. Of course he could play in another league so "retire" was only vis the NFL.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Why would he need to retire? He could always get picked up after training camp cuts or injuries.

No, if no other team would have signed him by May 2 the Packers would have been the only team he would have been allowed to sign a contract with for 2014. TJV is also right about the Packers would have been able to reduce the tender by June 15. In addition, if Lattimore wouldn´t have signed the tender in 2014 the Packers would have been allowed to tender him again for 2015.

So this was actually his only option as no other team signed him to an offer sheet.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think lattimores problem last year was that he was trying to do too much. He was trying to guess plays and be everywhere on the field at one time. He needs to get the scheme down better and mature in his play style and he could be a future starter. He did seem to have an insanely high motor last year and that's what stood out to me. Almost like when Ray Lewis would get hyped up about a game. Two completely different players OBVIOUSLY, but same type of motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Lattimore's problem is that he and Brad Jones have the collective instincts of a potato. When they see the play in front of them they look great, otherwise they look lost. Been that way since college. I refuse to overreact, neither is a quality starter.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Lattimore's problem is that he and Brad Jones have the collective instincts of a potato. When they see the play in front of them they look great, otherwise they look lost. Been that way since college. I refuse to overreact, neither is a quality starter.

I think the answer is draft Mosley to replace Jones NOW. Jones has to go. Draft Andrew Jackson in 3-4 round to replace Hawk hopefully sooner then later. Let Lattimore and Barrington battle it out.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not when he's out of position. The coaches appeared to agree at the end of last season. He reminds me a bit of Bishop, who, once it all came together, was a hell of a player. Hopefully he'll make that jump. Or Barrington will. Or a draft pick. Either way, it'd be nice to have someone who can cover a TE and play the run. Then again, if our fat guys up front don't block, it doesn't much matter if you have Willis and Bowman back there. Not many 250lbers can do much with a 310lber in their face every play.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not when he's out of position. The coaches appeared to agree at the end of last season. He reminds me a bit of Bishop, who, once it all came together, was a hell of a player. Hopefully he'll make that jump. Or Barrington will. Or a draft pick. Either way, it'd be nice to have someone who can cover a TE and play the run. Then again, if our fat guys up front don't block, it doesn't much matter if you have Willis and Bowman back there. Not many 250lbers can do much with a 310lber in their face every play.

Not as worried about our d line. I really like Boyd. Raji was good as a NT. I am somewhat worried about the DEs on running plays though.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not as worried about our d line. I really like Boyd. Raji was good as a NT. I am somewhat worried about the DEs on running plays though.

Peppers should do ok against the run but I don't know about the other spot. Daniels is more of a pass rusher and jolly isn't on the roster anymore.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I think the answer is draft Mosley to replace Jones NOW. Jones has to go. Draft Andrew Jackson in 3-4 round to replace Hawk hopefully sooner then later. Let Lattimore and Barrington battle it out.

Jackson should be a 7th round pick at best. He was suspended in college for violating team rules and missed the combine because of medical issues, not the guy the Packers are looking for IMO.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Peppers isn't going to play DE. At least on running downs.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peppers isn't going to play DE. At least on running downs.

Oh dear God please don't let Peppers be wasted playing out of position. Seen it to many times in this defense. If he can't play olb don't force him to

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Let Barrington replace Hawk before Jackson. If you hated seeing Hawk get burned on a seam, wait til you can't even see Jackson on the screen.

Insert Zumwalt pimping

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Let Barrington replace Hawk before Jackson. If you hated seeing Hawk get burned on a seam, wait til you can't even see Jackson on the screen.

I agree that I don´t want to have Jackson replacing Hawk, but Barrington hasn´t shown anything either that would make me comfortable with the move.