Jadavean Clowney

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Three" teams? You mean the Packers as the 3rd.? I guess that a guy would draw criticism before taking a snap should not be surprising in the 24/7 air that has to be filled.

Rodgers has drawn criticism from day 1. His mechanics were suspect, he's a too-laid-back Cali QB, he might be gay, he lacks leadership, he holds the ball too long, he passes up safe short passes for the home run, his 4th. quarter comeback numbers are poor, he fails to finish key drives.

Did I capture them all?
yes 3 teams, you couldnt google that?

Bottom line is, if he was as productive as he was talented he would have never left the Panthers. Chicago had the same issues with him. Questionable motor that can play at an all pro level when he wants to and at other times has young teammates calling him out for his lack of intensity. He is a great comparison to Clowney.

If you would like to discuss Rodgers criticisms I would be happy to in another thread.

H

HardRightEdge

yes 3 teams, you couldnt google that?

It should have been obvious that was a rhetorical question.

Peppers stated he would not sign a long term contract with Carolina and if they franchised him he would ask for a trade. You don't pay guys kings ransoms who don't want to be with you. Perry is a recent Packer example written smaller, a mistake Caroline did not make.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6794

Bottom line is, if he was as productive as he was talented he would have never left the Panthers. Chicago had the same issues with him. Questionable motor that can play at an all pro level when he wants to and at other times has young teammates calling him out for his lack of intensity. He is a great comparison to Clowney.

Peppers was third in the league in sacks during the eight years he played for the Panthers, so I don´t think production factored into the Panthers letting him walk. IMO it´s tough to recognize players taking some plays off and it´s a popular theme questioning talented guys motors without having any idea what´s going on.

Already questioning Clowney´s motor before he even played a single down in the leauge is ridiculous.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peppers was third in the league in sacks during the eight years he played for the Panthers, so I don´t think production factored into the Panthers letting him walk. IMO it´s tough to recognize players taking some plays off and it´s a popular theme questioning talented guys motors without having any idea what´s going on.

Already questioning Clowney´s motor before he even played a single down in the leauge is ridiculous.

I don't see how looking at clowneys body of work from college and having questions about his motor is ridiculous.

I've never heard anyone question reggie white's motor. Or Lawrence Taylor's.

You heard the same things in Charlotte and Chicago about peppers. Hopefully he is productive his entire contract in GB though.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't see how looking at clowneys body of work from college and having questions about his motor is ridiculous.

He didn´t have anything to prove but everything to lose last season.

You heard the same things in Charlotte and Chicago about peppers. Hopefully he is productive his entire contract in GB though.

Just because you hear about it in the media doesn´t mean it´s true.

I don´t think he´ll play out the entire contract in Green Bay.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn´t have anything to prove but everything to lose last season.
wait... A guy that doesn't play hard bc he has nothing to prove... And you wonder why people question his motor?!?

Just because you hear about it in the media doesn´t mean it´s true.
beason said it too, as I referenced earlier. Never heard a youngin call out Lawrence Taylor.

D

Deleted member 6794

wait... A guy that doesn't play hard bc he has nothing to prove... And you wonder why people question his motor?!?

Clowney should have been allowed to enter the draft in 2013. If he would have been injured severly during last season people would have called him out for a different reason. A story about anonymous scouts questioning someone´s motor doesn´t have any credibility for me.

beason said it too, as I referenced earlier. Never heard a youngin call out Lawrence Taylor.

Beason changed his mind about it later though.
http://chicagopressrelease.com/sports/beason-changing-tune-on-ex-teammate-peppers

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clowney should have been allowed to enter the draft in 2013. If he would have been injured severly during last season people would have called him out for a different reason. A story about anonymous scouts questioning someone´s motor doesn´t have any credibility for me.

Beason changed his mind about it later though.
http://chicagopressrelease.com/sports/beason-changing-tune-on-ex-teammate-peppers

Bc you feel he should have been able to go in the draft it's ok if he mailed in the season? Yikes.

D

Deleted member 6794

Bc you feel he should have been able to go in the draft it's ok if he mailed in the season? Yikes.

He would have been the #1 pick last year but because of a stupid rule he had to play another season of college football without making a single cent out of it while the university, the SEC and the NCAA made a huge amount of money out of him. The only thing that could have had an influence on his NFL career would have been a devastating injury.

If you don´t understand the reasons why he didn´t play up to his potential last season there´s nothing I can do to help you with it either. Bottom line is that I would love him to have on the Packers, but if you feel better about getting a guy not even close to Clowney´s talent but without having his motor questioned you´ll probably get your wish on Thursday.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He would have been the #1 pick last year but because of a stupid rule he had to play another season of college football without making a single cent out of it while the university, the SEC and the NCAA made a huge amount of money out of him. The only thing that could have had an influence on his NFL career would have been a devastating injury.

If you don´t understand the reasons why he didn´t play up to his potential last season there´s nothing I can do to help you with it either. Bottom line is that I would love him to have on the Packers, but if you feel better about getting a guy not even close to Clowney´s talent but without having his motor questioned you´ll probably get your wish on Thursday.

Why you mad bro?

Relax, clowney isn't an option for the packers on Thursday anyways so no need to compare the packers pick and clowney. unless you live in rodells world, then it's an option.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch some tape from the 2012 season and you can see why he 's the consensus #1 rated guy in the draft.

For whatever reasons it is that he looked very average at times...those "reasons" aren't a positive for the guy. That's all I'm saying. When I think #1 over-all I'm thinking beast game in and game out.

D

Deleted member 6794

For whatever reasons it is that he looked very average at times...those "reasons" aren't a positive for the guy. That's all I'm saying. When I think #1 over-all I'm thinking beast game in and game out.

I agree with you that I would like to get a player with a great attitude with the #1 pick. I just don´t know if questioning Clowney´s motor is fair and in addition I think he´s by far the most talented player in this year´s draft. I think the reward you get by drafting him is way higher than the risk doing it.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you that I would like to get a player with a great attitude with the #1 pick. I just don´t know if questioning Clowney´s motor is fair and in addition I think he´s by far the most talented player in this year´s draft. I think the reward you get by drafting him is way higher than the risk doing it.

Rodgers was regarded as a #1 pick by many. He fell all the way to us. What if clowney did? The positions are totally different and I know he won't fall to us but if he did, and TT didn't draft him, I'd be one pissed off fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pack995

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its funny cause scouts were saying that hes not even as good as peppers or mario williams were when they were coming out of college hes lazy he has a sloppy work ethic he will be a bust

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its funny cause scouts were saying that hes not even as good as peppers or mario williams were when they were coming out of college hes lazy he has a sloppy work ethic he will be a bust

I used to be just like you until I read more into his injury and his 2012 season. I would study up a little more, just some advice. Not that we'd have a chance at clowney anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No player in college football is dominant all the time. College football players are about potential, you don't want a finished product. Clowney also plays dline, which is a position that doesn't make impact plays all the time because the offense can do so many things to try and neutralize that player, especially when that player is basically the only dominant guy on the defense.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Clowney has been able to play in only two games so far, I expect them to be frustrated about it.
Not everyone has balls on them like romo

He once said something to the effect of if you only are scheduled to work 16 days a year you better be there

H

HardRightEdge

Not everyone has balls on them like romo

He once said something to the effect of if you only are scheduled to work 16 days a year you better be there
Romo is sitting out today, in a statement game against AZ no less. So much for that.

I'd trade next year's first round pick, or any one of our last 4 top picks, for Clowny. In a heartbeat.

Members online

Latest posts