Jadavean Clowney

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone else besides me think this guy will be a bust. He is immature, he basically took last year off so he wouldn't get hurt. His coach gave him a poor endorsement about his work ethic. I wouldn't take this guy if he dropped to us at 21. Real players go out every game and give everything they have. This guy just wants a big pay day. Thoughts?

D

Deleted member 6794

Does anyone else besides me think this guy will be a bust. He is immature, he basically took last year off so he wouldn't get hurt. His coach gave him a poor endorsement about his work ethic. I wouldn't take this guy if he dropped to us at 21. Real players go out every game and give everything they have. This guy just wants a big pay day. Thoughts?

Actually the NFL should think about allowing college players to enter the draft as soon as they´re ready. Clowney would have been the first overall pick last year and he´ll get taken #1 next week. It´s ridiculous to suggest the Packers shouldn´t take him at #21 if he would drop.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what the heck we'd do with him, but I would be so freaking pumped if he fell to us and we got him at 21. Drawers would be shat. Mind would be blowed all over the place.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he is another J Peppers. More talent than production, but still very good.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get why everyone thinks he's so lazy. Show me a single rationale person who, knowing darn well they'd be the #1 pik in the NFL draft, wouldn't do evverything they could to protect themselves from injury? Especially when an olineman tries to take out your knee in the first game of the season. Clowney will most likely be an amazing player when he gets to the NFL. For those that think he was lazy, just watch the play in the link below and tell me this guy doesn't have the potential to be one of the best players in a long time.

http://thebiglead.com/2013/10/17/ja...e-blockers-is-still-good-at-college-football/

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
If he busts it's because he lacks moves, and has a typically unsuccessful body type (or so I hear)

D

Deleted member 6794

Yet the criticism of him has followed him to 3 different teams.

Peppers is ranked 17th all-time in sacks and has been an impact player every season aside of his last ones in Carolina and Chicago. I think it´s ridiculous to assume Clowney will be a bust because he´s the next Peppers. I would be excited to be able to draft a player that talented.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peppers is ranked 17th all-time in sacks and has been an impact player every season aside of his last ones in Carolina and Chicago. I think it´s ridiculous to assume Clowney will be a bust because he´s the next Peppers. I would be excited to be able to draft a player that talented.

Who said bust? Just you.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said anything about Clowney being a bust. It wasn´t me starting this thread.

I think he will be a high impact player but I think questions will always linger about his passion, like they have for peppers. His floor and ceiling are what you would want out of a top 3 pick.

This is one of the first drafts in awhile I have no idea how the top will shake out.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think he will be a high impact player but I think questions will always linger about his passion, like they have for peppers. His floor and ceiling are what you would want out of a top 3 pick.

This is one of the first drafts in awhile I have no idea how the top will shake out.

There´s absolutely no doubt for me that Clowney should be the first pick. A lot of DL have their motor questioned, but as long as he ends up having a career like Peppers I would love to have him on my team.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There´s absolutely no doubt for me that Clowney should be the first pick. A lot of DL have their motor questioned, but as long as he ends up having a career like Peppers I would love to have him on my team.

Depends, I think he's at the top of the draft board, but if you are the texans you should seriously consider taking a QB. Then again they say the best players are taken by teams that don't need them.

D

Deleted member 6794

Depends, I think he's at the top of the draft board, but if you are the texans you should seriously consider taking a QB. Then again they say the best players are taken by teams that don't need them.

I agree the Texans need a QB, and you could make an argument they don´t need Clowney as much as other teams with Watt on the roster (although a combination of Watt and Clowney would be scary). I think there´s a distinct possibility the Texans will trade the #1 pick and select a QB later in the first round.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I agree with the being a bust. They guy takes plays off ALL the time. He shows flashes of talent, then disappears for 20 min. I saw him play 2 years ago and he appeared lazy then as well.....not to mention he was going in and out of the game constantly to take a breather, the guy lacks endurance and has no motor. A decent NFL left tackle will eat him alive.

H

HardRightEdge

Yet the criticism of him has followed him to 3 different teams.
"Three" teams? You mean the Packers as the 3rd.? I guess that a guy would draw criticism before taking a snap should not be surprising in the 24/7 air that has to be filled.

Rodgers has drawn criticism from day 1. His mechanics were suspect, he's a too-laid-back Cali QB, he might be gay, he lacks leadership, he holds the ball too long, he passes up safe short passes for the home run, his 4th. quarter comeback numbers are poor, he fails to finish key drives.

Did I capture them all?

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I know is that I saw this guy play a few times last year and "first over-all" was probably the last thing I was thinking.

D

Deleted member 6794

All I know is that I saw this guy play a few times last year and "first over-all" was probably the last thing I was thinking.

Watch some tape from the 2012 season and you can see why he 's the consensus #1 rated guy in the draft.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get why everyone thinks he's so lazy. Show me a single rationale person who, knowing darn well they'd be the #1 pik in the NFL draft, wouldn't do evverything they could to protect themselves from injury? Especially when an olineman tries to take out your knee in the first game of the season. Clowney will most likely be an amazing player when he gets to the NFL. For those that think he was lazy, just watch the play in the link below and tell me this guy doesn't have the potential to be one of the best players in a long time.

http://thebiglead.com/2013/10/17/ja...e-blockers-is-still-good-at-college-football/

If he was ******* it because of fear of injury, that would be a big negative. We should only draft competitive guys who love the game. Guys who will bust their butt every chance they get because it is who they are.

I'm not going to say that Jadeveon will bust, but I think there is significant risk. That being said, we should draft him, even at first overall based on what he may become. And that is a guy who racks up 15 sacks a season and gets double teamed on every play. That impact will raise every defense up significantly and when one player can do that he is certainly worth the risk.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he was ******* it because of fear of injury, that would be a big negative. We should only draft competitive guys who love the game. Guys who will bust their butt every chance they get because it is who they are.

I'm not going to say that Jadeveon will bust, but I think there is significant risk. That being said, we should draft him, even at first overall based on what he may become. And that is a guy who racks up 15 sacks a season and gets double teamed on every play. That impact will raise every defense up significantly and when one player can do that he is certainly worth the risk.

Any person with even the smallest amout of intelligence would play to protect themselves when they're making NO money playing in college and they're assured of being a top-3 pick if they only stay healthy. The only thing Clowney could possibly have done to hurt his draft stock (discounting illegal activities) was get hurt.

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah if he fell to 21, we would take him in a second. Is this thread a joke? No way he falls he will be 1st pick whether it's the Texans or a team like Atlanta trading up Clowney will be the first pick.

Members online

Latest posts