I've HAD it!

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
You know, I had high expectations for this team coming off the CHAMPIONSHIP season last year. We had one of the best defenses in the league, following on a great one the year before and the year before. We had a good offense and now we have the arguably the most prolific offense in the history of the NFL.
Can we figure out who this team is going to be? I mean yea 8-0 is nice but if we can't get our house in order we might lose a single game this year. MAYBE 2!!!
I for one an concerned as a fan that other fans will consider a 14-2 season acceptable. We all knew Aaron Rodgers would throw on a daily basis for a QB rating that's setting a new bar for the history of the league.
Packers are deep at every position, there's talk about a dynasty and possibly the first unbeaten team since the Dolphins. Talk is nice but let's be real, the Packers CAN lose a game this season.
I for one am going to take a wait and see attitude.
If the Packers can't get things in order they might just be the second or third best of the 13 world champions in their storied history. But this defense has to get it together.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
We are 8-0

If we lost a single game or two it wouldn't hurt me.

13-3 is the best record to enter the playoffs with the #1 seed and homefield advantage.

Sure you may want to go undefeated, but I'd rather lose a game or two and not go undefeated, reach the Super Bowl and blow it like New England did.

At this rate, if we finish 13-0, I think McCarthy will sit his starters the last 3 weeks, and I know everyone won't agree with that, but it's better to be well rested and not lose a key player going into the playoffs.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
They were bound to lose a game after going undefeated.

The Giants did us a huge favor beating them, or all we'd be hearing about is how the 19-0 Patriots are the greatest team ever made.

I don't want us going undefeated and something catching back up with us in the playoffs. The playoffs is what matters, once you win enough games to grab the division title, it don't matter after that. If we go 13-0, or 14-0, I don't care if we lose the last two games by McCarthy benching his starters, cause the last thing you need is to lose a key starter going into the post season.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The worst I see the Packers finishing is 14-2. The best is 16-0.

It would be a huge huge upset if this Packers team barring major injury lost in the playoffs. The pressure would be high but I don't think it will bother Aaron. I think he is on some sort of mission and it rubs off on everyone, he is infectious.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You know, I had high expectations for this team coming off the CHAMPIONSHIP season last year. We had one of the best defenses in the league, following on a great one the year before and the year before. We had a good offense and now we have the arguably the most prolific offense in the history of the NFL.
Can we figure out who this team is going to be? I mean yea 8-0 is nice but if we can't get our house in order we might lose a single game this year. MAYBE 2!!!
I for one an concerned as a fan that other fans will consider a 14-2 season acceptable. We all knew Aaron Rodgers would throw on a daily basis for a QB rating that's setting a new bar for the history of the league.
Packers are deep at every position, there's talk about a dynasty and possibly the first unbeaten team since the Dolphins. Talk is nice but let's be real, the Packers CAN lose a game this season.
I for one am going to take a wait and see attitude.
If the Packers can't get things in order they might just be the second or third best of the 13 world champions in their storied history. But this defense has to get it together.

I don't think folks picked up on your sarcasm. I thought it was hilarious.

Reaction score
We are 8-0

If we lost a single game or two it wouldn't hurt me.

13-3 is the best record to enter the playoffs with the #1 seed and homefield advantage.

Sure you may want to go undefeated, but I'd rather lose a game or two and not go undefeated, reach the Super Bowl and blow it like New England did.

At this rate, if we finish 13-0, I think McCarthy will sit his starters the last 3 weeks, and I know everyone won't agree with that, but it's better to be well rested and not lose a key player going into the playoffs.

Last three weeks would be a little severe. I would say the last week for sure depending on if we have things locked up. Three weeks than a bye could throw our rhythm off. It's hard to think of that now because we are really in sync, but west coast offenses are rhythm offenses.

Reaction score
I do recall Rodgers saying at the Back to Titletown celebration that they would be here doing it again next year. That means if we go 16-0 or 8-8, Rodgers has to find a way to get the Packers another Super Bowl.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I first started reading this thread, I considered merging it with the 16-0 thread because I thought it was the same discussion. But perhaps this could be a thread more oriented towards sarcasm on the topic?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were bound to lose a game after going undefeated.

The Giants did us a huge favor beating them, or all we'd be hearing about is how the 19-0 Patriots are the greatest team ever made.

I don't want us going undefeated and something catching back up with us in the playoffs. The playoffs is what matters, once you win enough games to grab the division title, it don't matter after that. If we go 13-0, or 14-0, I don't care if we lose the last two games by McCarthy benching his starters, cause the last thing you need is to lose a key starter going into the post season.

I'd argue the 18-1 Patriots ARE the greatest team ever made. Winning 18 straight in this time of parity in the league is a far more impressive feat than what the 1972 Dolphins accomplished.

I'd also rather we keep our pedal to the medal and not let up at all, regardless of what we've clinched. We've seen Indy do that many times and it always backfires. I believe momentum is important to winning a championship, and it's difficult to regain when it's lost. I'd rather keep it.

As to this whole risking injury thing, my thought is I don't want this team playing scared for any reason, because when that happens is when injuries happen. Besides, injuries can happen at any time on any play. I don't believe the injury risk suddenly increases once you've clenched everything.

Keep the foot on the gas and let's do this!

OP
OP
DevilDon

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
As I've posted elsewhere, complaining about this team's defense is like complaining about the fuel economy of your Ferrari. You just have to acknowledge that you're backing a team that is as complete as the NFL has ever seen.
In case you missed it this is one incredibly great football club. I can be accused of homerism but I'm not wrong. These guys are better than every other team in the NFL.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
As I've posted elsewhere, complaining about this team's defense is like complaining about the fuel economy of your Ferrari. You just have to acknowledge that you're backing a team that is as complete as the NFL has ever seen.
In case you missed it this is one incredibly great football club. I can be accused of homerism but I'm not wrong. These guys are better than every other team in the NFL.

Yeah, well the Testarossa leaks a little around the door windows in the rain...there goes 240 g's right out the window... (big Ferrari fan).

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
We need a "sarcasm" smiley!!!
I have seen on other forums poster putting "sarcasm" in blue type so that other will know. Since it usually does not come across well in the written word you need to do something to let people know.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Yeah, well the Testarossa leaks a little around the door windows in the rain...there goes 240 g's right out the window... (big Ferrari fan).
That's what you get for blowing money on a Ferrari. Should bought a Lambo.:) (BTW, before the market went to hell one of my wifes friends had a boyfriend that had two. I turned down going to a Bucs game with him, I didn't know at the time that driving one of his Ferrari's to the game was part of the deal. Otherwise I would have suffered through the game.)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
That's what you get for blowing money on a Ferrari. Should bought a Lambo.:) (BTW, before the market went to hell one of my wifes friends had a boyfriend that had two. I turned down going to a Bucs game with him, I didn't know at the time that driving one of his Ferrari's to the game was part of the deal. Otherwise I would have suffered through the game.)

No, No, *I* didn't buy a Ferrari. I'm just a big fan of them. Heck if I had 240 gs to blow, I'd buy a new house. And this is central PA (AKA Northern Alabama), so my Jeep fits in much better.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts