1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is This Destiny?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by The PowerOfCheese, Feb 5, 2011.

1. The PowerOfCheese

The PowerOfCheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Is it just me or does this whole season feel like a movie? I mean, with all the crap this Packers team dealt with this year, I feel like a win in the Super Bowl is destiny. I feel like after the losses to Detroit and New England, there should have been a montage of the next several wins against the Giants and Bears and Eagles, and this game is the climax of the movie.
    Now, of course, I don't "expect" a win on Sunday, but I'm very confident the the Pack is hungry for a fight and isn't going to settle for second best. This team deserves a win.

GO PACK GO!!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Packerstud

Packerstud Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +46
    :star::star::star::star::star:

3. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +173
    Unless it doesn't have a tragic ending after the win, Hollywood wouldn't make it a movie:D

4. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +682
    I don't expect a win (or a loss) either - I just don't know. If we win, it will be storybook. It's the Year of Lombardi - the musical, the documentary...and hopefully, the Trophy, home to Green Bay.

5. Packerstud

Packerstud Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +46

It's the end of Big Ben's careerer. He moves in with Charlie Sheen after the loss and its all down hill from there.

• Like Like x 2
  6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Sports radio 1250 am milwaukee

Gary Ellerson has been calling them that for a while now

Team Destiny

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I dont believe in Destiny. I group it in with luck I guess. Its when preparation meets opportunity. THIS is our opportunity.

• Like Like x 1
  8. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194
    I don't know. This whole season feels like a movie, like the 2007 Giants season did. I mean, we fought, and when the going got tough, we fought even harder (We're 5-0 since the loss to the Patriots). When people doubted us, we proved them wrong. I can still hear Colin Cowherd's "Rodgers can't win in the playoffs" mantra ringing in my head. Now, we're in the biggest game of the 2010 season, the "climax" of the "movie".

Let's hope it doesn't have a downer ending.

9. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +173
    Let's hope the Packers don't pull a Viking choke but win SB #4.

10. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    This has been a very surreal season. We had high expectation before the season began, and as the season progressed, it became harder and harder for us to live up to them. Now, here we are. This will be the single biggest game of these guys' lives. For some it is their first chance at glory on the biggest stage in their young careers. For others, it could be their last.

I still can't freakin believe we're in the Super Bowl. And tomorrow, we have a shot at history.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    If you need to be motivated for this game you need to find a new job. - Bill Parcells

12. Rodgers in the House

Rodgers in the House Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    This season has Epic Win all over it. 4 Lombardi's look better than 3 in the Packer Hall of Fame. Plus this is the year we took care of Favre. Tomorrow is the icing on the cake. The DVD will be sold out in less than one hour.