1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is No. 80 a No. 1?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

2. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He's our #1 WR. The GB Packers are an NFL team. We are in an NFL league. Hmmmmm...I guess that makes Driver a #1 WR in the NFL. Case closed.

3. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmmm I don't see the connection you're making.... :lol:

4. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    His stats are amongst the best in the league, he is a multi-1000 yards/season performer, and he does everything. This question was actually answered several seasons ago, in my opinion.

People always question his size, but I don't see Steve Smith or Marvin Harrison out-muscling DBs....which is the apparent knock on Driver in the media......nope....these guys just find open spots with speed and precise route running. For shame!

5. G0dLivesInGreenBay

G0dLivesInGreenBay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Driver has great stats. But I have a mental block on this guy being all-pro. The reason is that once in awhile the ball goes through this guy's hands. We saw it in the NO where it should have been a TD. Maybe it's Brett's fault for drilling it that hard.

I think Driver can catch any ball using his body and hands, but when he only has to use his hands, every once in awhile it goes through and sometimes sails to the defense for a INT.

I think I'm one of those that is afraid to fly because I saw one plane crash on TV. There's a term for that I learned in my psych class.

6. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    DD drops very few balls....a receiver is going to have a few here and there.

7. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I agree....you always notice when a receiver on your team does it. T.O., Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison...they all drop passes from time to time. You just kind of overlook it because they don't play for your team.

8. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with the fact that he drops balls sometimes and it bugs me when he does it. Driver is our number one reciever though no doubt. On a different team I dont think he would be(depending on the team). He gets more attention and more oppertunities than any of our other recievers do-- and so deserving-- but put him on a different team where it wasnt concentrated on him so much and im sure his numbers wouldn't be up there.

9. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    One other thing I forgot to mention about Driver is his attitude. I will take him as our number one if for no other reason than his leadership. It is second to none i believe on the packers. Great guy to have in the locker room!

10. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think DD has definately become a #1 but I can only imagine what he'd do if he had an equally talented or better receiver taking pressue and coverage off him. Half his catches seem to be slants caught in double coverage.

11. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He did about the same when Walker had his big year. Although I dont know who the defenses were paying more attention to....Walker or Driver? In either case it sure as hell helped Favre out! I hope thats what we see eventually with Robinson.

12. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Excellent post!

This is one of the biggest types of misperception that causes the greatest amount of over reaction amongst fans.

13. G0dLivesInGreenBay

G0dLivesInGreenBay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good Points. I've been really happy with his "run after the catch" so far.

14. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I love Donald Driver!

15. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He's the best player on our team and is due for a Pro Bowl this year.

16. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    after 2 games D. Driver has 250 yrds , and is without a doubt a #1 NFL WR

Jennings is very talented, If Fergie could just step up and make some big plays, we would have a solid WR corp.

17. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah he's a #1. Put him on another team and he'd still be a 1 or 2.

18. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What I'm wondering is what it will take for Driver to make the Pro Bowl again? Will have have to have 1300+ yards? If so, I think this year he'll make the team. I'd love to see him get the recognition he deserves.

And if he doesn't make the Pro Bowl, what will it take to make the "experts" shut up about him not being a true #1 receiver?