Is Ladarius Green the BEST addition we could make?

Would TE Ladarius Green be the best addition to the Packers this UFA season?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not as high on Fleener as I once was. I know he shared snaps with Allen in Indy (who is a FA as well I believe) but he just didn't do anything to distance himself IMO like Green did when he got the chance. Still, Indy's passing game was down this year much like the Packers so no doubt that was a factor. I do think he will be cheaper than Green if in fact Green becomes available, you're probably right on SD not letting him walk though, so he is more TTs type of guy.

Fleener had a disappointing season in 2015 as well but I mostly blame that on the QB situation in Indianapolis. There´s no doubt that he´s way more athletic than Rodgers.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fleener had a disappointing season in 2015 as well but I mostly blame that on the QB situation in Indianapolis. There´s no doubt that he´s way more athletic than Rodgers.

I kind of like Fleener as a second-tier free agent. If he's healthy, he could help Green Bay as a pass-catching tight end. He's not Rob Gronkowski or Greg Olsen, but he'd be a nice pick-up.

OP
OP
Crockett&Tubbs

Crockett&Tubbs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not picky. I would LOVE Ladarius. I also would love Fleener. But I'd also be happy with Dwayne Allen. In other words, I think our TE's are bottom-10. I had high hopes for Rich Rodgers, thought he looked a lot like Mark Chmura in that #89 uniform. But he just looks like he has about 5.3 speed out there. Can't separate. We were spoiled with Jermichael Finley.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not picky. I would LOVE Ladarius. I also would love Fleener. But I'd also be happy with Dwayne Allen. In other words, I think our TE's are bottom-10. I had high hopes for Rich Rodgers, thought he looked a lot like Mark Chmura in that #89 uniform. But he just looks like he has about 5.3 speed out there. Can't separate. We were spoiled with Jermichael Finley.
Richard Rodgers looks as mobile as Tom Brady. He ran a 4.87 when he was 20 lbs lighter and appeared to have some athleticism in college. And I think Finley is overrated. He's more athletic than what we've got now, but there are probably dozens of TEs in the league who could have his production on this team.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of people remember Jermichael Finley more for what he could have been then what he was at the time of his injury. Sure in 2011 he contribute 8 TD's (so did RR this year), but beyond that his numbers don't look that much different then the TE's before and after him on the Packers. I remember a lot of complaining about key drops and checking out of plays. Maybe had he not gotten injured, he would have gotten more consistent and better, but it wasn't like we lost Gronk when he went down.

D

Deleted member 6794

Dwayne Allen would be a waste of money as he isn´t more athletic than Rodgers.

Seems like a lot of people remember Jermichael Finley more for what he could have been then what he was at the time of his injury. Sure in 2011 he contribute 8 TD's (so did RR this year), but beyond that his numbers don't look that much different then the TE's before and after him on the Packers. I remember a lot of complaining about key drops and checking out of plays. Maybe had he not gotten injured, he would have gotten more consistent and better, but it wasn't like we lost Gronk when he went down.

Finley for sure had too many key drops and had a questionable motors at times but he was a tight end capable of stretching the field and averaged 12.5 yards per reception over his career (Rodgers had 8.8 in 2015). In addition he seemed to be finally getting around at the time of his career-ending injury.

OP
OP
Crockett&Tubbs

Crockett&Tubbs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley for sure had too many key drops and had a questionable motors at times but he was a tight end capable of stretching the field and averaged 12.5 yards per reception over his career (Rodgers had 8.8 in 2015).
If anyone remembers the pregame shows leading up to our 2011 season playoff loss to the Giants (remember, the year we went 15-1, starting 13-0 as defending champions, and being touted by some as a possible dynasty and perhaps the best team in modern era), I remember Fox or ESPN saying that the focus for the Giants defense all week was STOPPING #88. Someone, perhaps it was Howie Long, maybe Michael Strahan, can't remember who, said the coaching staff had that written on their chalkboard.

J-Mike was a weapon with that speed to get deep, as indicated in that 12.5 average you mentioned.

He also was 6'5" with athletic-rebounding jumping ability, which offered mismatches on the goalline, which we really seem to have struggled with the past few seasons, most notably the super short field goals we had to settle for at Seattle in the NFCCG, as well as the failures at the ends of many games this year inside the 10-yard line late (Carolina, Detroit, Chicago).
I remember a game that Finley had all 3 of our TDs in a win at Chicago. Hat trick.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
Crockett&Tubbs

Crockett&Tubbs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this was week 2 of the 2013 season, the year he was injured.

He kept absorbing huge hits however....which makes it so amazing that Jason Witten and Antonio Gates have lasted so long, as well as Tony Gonzalez, Shannon Sharpe before them. Figures, our bad luck again as with Sterling and Nick....

This was the horrible last play of J-Mike's career. Seemingly not that big of a deal, like Nick Collins' "ending" in 2011 when the fat *** of Jonathan Stewart simply tried to leap over Nick.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Watching a that video of Finley breaking tackles makes me sad. Richard Rodgers would have dropped like a sack of rocks with the first contact and not even come close to making any highlight reels.

Members online

Latest posts