Inside Information

packers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since this is one of my favorite NFL forums to look at, i want to share some information with you guys. It seems that Green Bay HIGHLY covet Darrelle Revis the CB from Pitt and will most likely choose him either at from 16 or with a trade-down. If chosen, this pick will signify Ted's belief that you MUST choose the best player on your board and not pick simply for biggest need (example: if Marshawn Lynch is still available)

Also, the duo of Scott Piolo and Bill Belicheck are looking into trading up for Revis and will NOT be happy if Ted outsmarts them and picks him higher than a lot of people think Revis will go.

Also, for those of you wondering about our RB situation. There is a couple RB's that the pack covet as well, and the most likely of them is Kenny Irons, they like his toughness and thinks he would fit in GBs system very well.
Also, Marshawn Ly nch has some questions about how well he would fit in GB's looking for "packers people"

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do we need a CB???? We have the one of the top 2 CB tandems in the league and our only FA signing is a CB. Picking a CB day 1 let a lone our first pick makes no sense to me

and don't forget, the packers also signed our Nickle back this year, not to mention Will Blakmon may play in '07.

So...I, agree, we don't need a CB, and will not select one in the first round, and I don't think TT will trade away pick #16 to someone that does.

IMHO GB will stay at 16, and select Lynch

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you can never get enough good players, and we need an heir to Woodson and Harris, they are both getting old, maybe Revis could beat out one of the next season.

I would definitely support this pick.

Kenny Irons would also be a good pick.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you can never have enough good CB's we are one injury away from a terrible defensive backfield.

anytime you outsmart belichek... your doing well.

i think it makes a lot of sense. draft the CB and get a decent running back in the 2nd round.

im all for it.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grooming another STARTING CB for the future is a necessity immediately.
Nobody knows if Will Blackmon even exists since he can't seem to get on the field.
If he exists will he please stand up!

I also think Irons would be a good pick, maybe better than Lynch for our system.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is all good, but there might be a problem. Firstly Irons is probably not going to be there at our 2nd pick. TT does have a tendency to trade down and the one place where teams get impatient is the 2nd round, look for a trade down again this year, if not twice. I love the idea that people who don't like to draft rb in the first round have inside sources for DB, well the joke is on them because there seems to be more lower rd cb starting in the NFL than there are rb. Don't be surprised to be surprised when the pick comes, I still think we are going DL, or the player who slips out of the top ten. I know, we have starters there already, but TT seems to shy away from potential and prefers production. If it is CB I would project Hughes over Revis. Like I said production over projection.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, Marshawn Ly nch has some questions about how well he would fit in GB's looking for "packers people"

What is that suppose to mean? Lynch isn't Packer People? Please inform me more about the definition of Packer People and why he isn't that? Ahman Green <-- a "Packer person" (convicted abuser) Marshawn Lynch <-- not a "packer person" (clean record)

I think maybe u misinterpreted what they said, or you read too many newspapers. Wolf was on the radio a few weeks ago and said he regretted listening to the media about the character issue about Randy Moss, and should have gone with his own notion and drafted him. That was the one big mistake that he regrets the most as a GM. There is a reason why unknown sources say that, to discourage other teams. TT = loose lips sink ships.

OP
OP
P

packers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets just say that Lynch has maturity issues, and also is often seen with an large "entourage" not unlike someone by the name of Pacman Jones

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious where THIS rumor comes from. I think half the time these things are started by people that like the player, thus start rumors about it.
It starts out "Hey, i heard the (Insert team) is going to draft(insert player)."
Of course someone will end up being right, but 99% will be wrong.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OregonPackFan said:
and Auburn backs have a history of immediate success in the NFL.

Like Brent Fullwood . . . sorry, just couldn't resist! :twisted: :rotflmao:

I can add the more recent Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams,

Bo Jackson didn't turn out too bad either.

you gotta admit, Auburn has been very good on tailbacks

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
OregonPackFan said:
and Auburn backs have a history of immediate success in the NFL.

Like Brent Fullwood . . . sorry, just couldn't resist! :twisted: :rotflmao:

I can add the more recent Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams,

Bo Jackson didn't turn out too bad either.

you gotta admit, Auburn has been very good on tailbacks

As the emoticons suggest, just messing with you by playing devil's advocate.

You're right, Auburn has produced some very good RB's along with other positions.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts