Inane Thoughts

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
reviewing roster.

Adams, Price, Brice, Guion, Lowry and Davis need to report immediately to the barber shop for a haircut. Good grief, some of these guys look like they had their picture taken right after removing their helmet.

A half dozen or so of the other players need some beard trimming/removal to take place. You know who you are, eh Rollins?

New pictures need to be taken immediately for the following:

Guion - looks like the cops didn't find his entire stash. Open your eyes there sonny!
Barclay - looks like he just stepped out of the penitentiary. You too Murphy and Gunter. Smile, you're on a NFL roster!
T. Peppers - get back to the chemistry lab where you belong.

Sidenote - Crosby looks like a front office VP.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting observations, maybe if Dom would be fired and Ted would get more free agents maybe they'd groom more

Oh and Aaron can carry them all on his yearly chop growth

H

HardRightEdge

Looks like a really fast cut! Hope he didn't get hurt getting up out of the barber's chair.
As a waiver pickup, that means 28 teams passed on him at under a $1 mil with no guarantees. While it didn't cost anything to bring him in, you have to ask why the rest of the league knew something Thompson did not.

So, in order to stay on topic, I'll say this may be Ferguson's last "haircut". ;)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone knew of his injury, they probably just figured they'd take a look and see. He didn't pass and has been waived.

It didn't cost anything and he must have been passed over by everybody. I thought you could only be claimed 24 hours after being waived? Wasn't it 2 days later he signed with GB? If that was the case wouldn't he have been a FA free to sign anywhere?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Isn't it funny when we talk about "didn't cost the Packers anything". Guessing it at least cost them airline tickets, hotel, some big meals and now I am finding out about this haircut and possibly a shave! I think that Ego cost the Packers more than....two bits!

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't it funny when we talk about "didn't cost the Packers anything". Guessing it at least cost them airline tickets, hotel, some big meals and now I am finding out about this haircut and possibly a shave! I think that Ego cost more the Packers more than....two bits!
I think ego cost much more than that. Couple of playoffs and players and... Oh wait this isn't a bash TT thread.

D

Deleted member 6794

I thought you could only be claimed 24 hours after being waived? Wasn't it 2 days later he signed with GB? If that was the case wouldn't he have been a FA free to sign anywhere?

The Bears waived Ferguson on Friday, meaning teams had until Monday to put in a waiver claim as the weekend doesn't factor into the 24 hour period. I guess it only works that way during the offseason though.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there any General thread where we can post something random about the team and players not worth a new thread?

My phone just alerted me that Aaron and Olivia have broken up and are now "good friends".
Proper Breaking news, I suppose!

Chicago Tribune said:
“Actress Olivia Munn and boyfriend break up, according to reports.”

Chicago Tribune refuses to even name Aaron :roflmao:

And one more random tweet:

Aaron Rodgers: I still have all my stuff at your place
Olivia Munn: go pack go

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Is there any General thread where we can post something random about the team and players not worth a new thread?

I think this thread is shaping up to be the best place to do just that.

Addressing the OP on Roster pictures, I would like to see Jeff Janis and Aaron Rodgers to be these:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think ego cost much more than that. Couple of playoffs and players and... Oh wait this isn't a bash TT thread.

but we can turn it into one pretty quick if that is what you want. Just say the word.;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Is it just me or when you start reading (or writing :D) something about Janis, Capers or TT do you get this image in your head?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it just me or when you start reading (or writing :D) something about Janis, Capers or TT do you get this image in your head?

Noooo...
I'm seein ' bustin' every thread and posting record on this or any other site! I see post numbers spinning like the last few columns on the national debt clock ! I'm seein;

JANIS!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
NFL historians or more likely, Comedic historians, may one day come back to these Packer threads and really want to know who this Jeff Janis guy really was.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't be bothered to find the existing overly long Janis thread? I've got to do everything for you kids? Now get up, get out of your room and find a job!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You can't be bothered to find the existing overly long Janis thread? I've got to do everything for you kids? Now get up, get out of your room and find a job!
Only if you let us take Jeff with, I have a one way bus ticket for him. :D

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Change of topic:
I was caught up on reading posts here and was getting depressed about all the angst over the lack of FA and the general the season is already over because Ted didn't do this that or the other thing yet. So, I clicked on the Seahawks board at the bottom of the page. That board is dead. Whatever is here is better than there. Then I went to the Chargers board. That place is really depressing. The worst negative nancies here are more optimistic than the few remaining posters there. Discussions of choosing other teams to follow, hating on the ownership, and all the other mixed baggage of a team relocating. Plus the team flat out sucks on the field anyway.* Made me feel a bit better when I came back.

*Ever notice really good teams that are consistent recent playoff contenders rarely move?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts