In case we do win the first playoff game..

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only will I give a big I'm sorry for my prediction for the Packers losing the wild card game but I was wondering what the next scenario would be? Will we be playing the queens or the devils? I sure hope its the former cuz I would like to see TT stick it to you know who instead of vice versa.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I'd like to see the Cowboys beat Minny and GB beat Dallas in the Championship game in Dallas. That would be be my dream scenario. Not sure if it is possible, that there it is.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only will I give a big I'm sorry for my prediction for the Packers losing the wild card game but I was wondering what the next scenario would be? Will we be playing the queens or the devils? I sure hope its the former cuz I would like to see TT stick it to you know who instead of vice versa.

Minnesota hosts the winner of the Green Bay - Arizona game, which undoubtedly will be Green Bay.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minnesota hosts the winner of the Green Bay - Arizona game, which undoubtedly will be Green Bay.

Minnesota will host the highest ranked team after the wild card round which could obviously be the Cowboys if they beat the Eagles considering that a #3 seed is higher than a #5. For a self proclaimed know it all, I would think that you would know a little more about playoff match-ups.

From NFL.com:

"New Orleans and Minnesota captured the top two seeds, respectively, and the first-round byes that come with them. In the divisional round of the playoffs on Jan. 16-17, the Saints will host the lowest remaining seed from the wild-card round and the Vikings will host the highest remaining seed."

Now go carry on about Brett Favre somewhere. :viksux:

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minnesota will host the highest ranked team after the wild card round which could obviously be the Cowboys if they beat the Eagles considering that a #3 seed is higher than a #5. For a self proclaimed know it all, I would think that you would know a little more about playoff match-ups.

From NFL.com:

"New Orleans and Minnesota captured the top two seeds, respectively, and the first-round byes that come with them. In the divisional round of the playoffs on Jan. 16-17, the Saints will host the lowest remaining seed from the wild-card round and the Vikings will host the highest remaining seed."

Now go carry on about Brett Favre somewhere. :viksux:

You're right about this - I follow a lot of tennis, and mistakenly figured the brackets are static, when they are, in fact, dynamic.

So, I guess Vikings fans need to be Eagles fans next week, or it could be one-n-done for Minny - not sure how well they match-up with Dallas.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right about this - I follow a lot of tennis, and mistakenly figured the brackets are static, when they are, in fact, dynamic.

So, I guess Vikings fans need to be Eagles fans next week, or it could be one-n-done for Minny - not sure how well they match-up with Dallas.

Whatever. All you do is carry on about how much smarter you are than everyone and yet you didn't even know something as simple as how the NFL playoffs work and all because - you watch tennis? That is lame, *****.

Go get naked to some Brett Favre pictures.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wrong. Minnesota hosts the highest remaining seed, whomever that is. If Dallas should beat Philly, Minny will play Dallas while the winner of our game goes up to NO.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lemee see if I got this straight.

Saints play Pack or Cards at Superdome.

Queens host Cowboys if Cowboys win.
What if the Eagles win?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Allow me to cover all 4 teams and where they'd go if they won.

If GB beats ARI:
-GB goes to MIN if PHI wins
-GB goes to NO if DAL wins

If ARI beats GB:
-ARI goes to MIN if PHI wins
-ARI goes to NO if DAL wins

If DAL beats PHI:
-DAL goes to MIN

If PHI beats DAL:
-PHI goes to NO

That should clear things up.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allow me to cover all 4 teams and where they'd go if they won.

If GB beats ARI:
-GB goes to MIN if PHI wins
-GB goes to NO if DAL wins

If ARI beats GB:
-ARI goes to MIN if PHI wins
-ARI goes to NO if DAL wins

If DAL beats PHI:
-DAL goes to MIN

If PHI beats DAL:
-PHI goes to NO

That should clear things up.
Thank you for that! Even though my head is spinning. LOL

One more scenerio question: Could any games at any time end up back in the land of the Frozen Tundra?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

As others have pointed out..

WTF???????????

A person that has such high iq,is so superior to us and continues to rub it in our face how we are wrong and one of the most primitive form of playoff rules there are and you do not know?

Where is that post YOU made talking down to someone about how they were not a "knowledgeable fan"?

I am going to find it

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you for that! Even though my head is spinning. LOL

One more scenerio question: Could any games at any time end up back in the land of the Frozen Tundra?

Absolutely! But it looks like a long shot at this point. For that to happen the packers and the dirty birds have to play in the NFC championship. Eagles got hammered by the cowgirls today so I expect the same thing to happen next week. Looks like lambeau is closed for the year guys.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

WTF???????????

A person that has such high iq,is so superior to us and continues to rub it in our face how we are wrong and one of the most primitive form of playoff rules there are and you do not know?

Where is that post YOU made talking down to someone about how they were not a "knowledgeable fan"?

I am going to find it

Lighten up, Shooter. Even Brett Favre makes an errant throw every now and again.
:happy0005:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

WTF???????????

I am going to find it

Lighten up, Shooter. Even Brett Favre makes an errant throw every now and again.
:happy0005:
Well when you show disrespect to others then you don't deserve respect in return.

Whoa. Hold on a sec....
Oh. My. Gawd! Hold the phone! Stop the presses! Did you just admit that Brett, the greatest QB according to you and you only, makes mistakes? I think I need new glasses. Cause I didn't really see that, did I?

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure he meant Favre throws int's that are the fault of receivers running bad routes or a bad call by some know-it-all coach. Surely, you can't blame the 4.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No it was all about the match ups....

Dismiss the importance of match-ups at the expense of your own mental well-being.

Ya'll are gonna be cryin' like little school boyz and clamoring for Mutt-n-Jeff to be run outta town again - just like clockwork.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dismiss the importance of match-ups at the expense of your own mental well-being.

Ya'll are gonna be cryin' like little school boyz and clamoring for Mutt-n-Jeff to be run outta town again - just like clockwork.

That's one your little crystal ball got wrong. I'm pretty happy where we ended up, considering where we were last year. I don't see any reason to change our GM and coach no matter how the playoffs go. This team has improved 5 games in the win column. Your team's move has netted 2 games in the win column. And from what I've been reading from you Favre humps, it's YOUR coach that is the buffoon. If there will be crying, it will be from you clowns if the old man can't deliver.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
That's one your little crystal ball got wrong. I'm pretty happy where we ended up, considering where we were last year. I don't see any reason to change our GM and coach no matter how the playoffs go. This team has improved 5 games in the win column. Your team's move has netted 2 games in the win column. And from what I've been reading from you Favre humps, it's YOUR coach that is the buffoon. If there will be crying, it will be from you clowns if the old man can't deliver.

My my ... How fickle memory is sometimes ...

I recall not too long ago when you were convinced that McCarthy wasn't the right coach for this team, and had "lost the team" ...

I can only assume that once the Packers managed to win games and get into the play offs this means that you are actually crediting McCarthy for the improved play, as well as blaming the players for not being "in the right mindset" ?

McCarthy has lost control of this team. A blind guy can see that the defense has got it's guys all misused and messed up. WTF is Kampman doing trying to drop back in coverage, when he should be in that rookie's face all day? We're down to Ahman Green as our hope for a running game? And Rodgers looks like a sandlot QB, dropping back and waiting all day for a guy to break wide open. It just doesn't happen in the NFL, Aaron. At least, not for you.

http://www.packerforum.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=254313

-----

Look for "tough Mike" going all business today at his presser. He'll talk about turning the page to get ready for Dallas. Then he'll act annoyed by the questions.

Fix anything on this horseshit team? I doubt it.

http://www.packerforum.com/packer-fan-forum/17910-our-great-coach-mm-2.html#post254548

-----

Well, if that second half was a cluster****, wait and see how this genius makes that D work without Kampman and Harris. Language warnings, standby!

http://www.packerforum.com/packer-fan-forum/18163-dear-dom-capers-warning-bad-language-2.html

-----

How would I believe that? This ***-hat has had the most undisciplined team in the league for 14 games, and now he's going to clean it up? Right.

http://www.packerforum.com/packer-fan-forum/18742-dont-worry-folks.html

-----

As for comparing teams with just based off win's and loses, well ... then you actually have to "revise" your thinking a little, because you are a little off base here ...

Packers since McCarthy took over (38 wins 26 loses):

Prior 2005 Packers - 4-12 No Play offs

2006 Packers - 8-8 No Play offs
2007 Packers - 13-3 NFC North Champs, Play Off berth #2 Seed
2008 Packers - 6-10 No Play offs
2009 Packers - 11-5 Wild Card #5 Seed

Vikings since Childress took over (36 wins 28 loses):

Prior 2005 Vikings - 9-7 No Play offs

2006 Vikings - 6-10 No Play offs
2007 Vikings - 8-8 No Play offs
2008 Vikings - 10-6 NFC Champs, Play Off berth
2009 Vikings - 12-4 NFC Champs, Play Off berth #2 Seed

So you see ... - the two coaches have actually both been improving ... In fact one could argue that Childress has actually managed to has improve the Vikings more, than McCarthy has improved the Packers, since the Vikings have been steadily improving every season as opposed to the Packers in each coaches tenure ...

As for which coach is better, it's hard to say really ... When it comes to coaches, there is really only one coach (currently) I would consider "above the rest", and that is Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots ...

Members online

Latest posts