Impressive...........

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Mike Montgomery was making a little noise yesterday! Perhaps he develops at DE and gives us some more power.

Colin Cole continues to impress....stout against the run and disruptive in the backfield. Just like Kampman, another Iowa kid that just keeps getting better.

Nick Collins is always around the ball as the first or the fourth...always laying down a lick when he arrives.

Gado is showing the potential to be more than just a reliable workhorse. Nice moves, and pile moving power, he will develop as a nice back for this team.

These guys, at least, provided something to get a little excited about....because the game just flat out sucked.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's nice to see someone put a positive spin on what has been a disastrous season.
It is true there are bright spots on this Packer team, it is also true that this season is just a rough spot in the road. The NFL designed these rough spots with their parity philosophy.
The good thing is the Green Bay Packers will be back on top quickly and that is due to the organization and the fans who support the Pack through thick and thin. This rough stretch will not last 30 years, we are the fans of an organization that is dedicated to putting a quality product on the field .
The Green Bay Packers are the pearl of the NFL.

shanks2122

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what im talkin about, bright spots in a broken prism, I like the post and i agree on everything, ive always been a fan of kampman the guys got not stop in him, Nick Collins is giveing me hope at saftey(havent had much since Butler left), Gado is by far the brightest thing we have on offense, but i really enjoyed the game until the int before halftime i could see it on shermans face he just wanted to go home(tell ya the truth so did I)

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allthough I could not see the game and did partly follow the NFL- internet - gamecenter, I was a little impressed by the kickoffreturns of Ahmad Carroll. Not that they were great, but they were average (NFL- wide, yesterday). When I read of Chatmans returns of 3 yards or fair catch, I thought maybe there is no selfconfidence in him as is not in the team at all, and thats why I thought: "Ah, after all it is possible!" when Ahmad carried the return for more than 20 yards twice.
Sorry for this bad english but it is late and I had 9.5 hours of work today. :oops:

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, Ahmad Carroll is playing pretty well. He did get beat deep once, but he was one-on-one and the throw needed to be perfect, which unfortunately it was. I like it that Carroll WANTS to return kickoffs. Some starters don't like doing that. And maybe if Carroll gets clobbered a few times while returning kicks, it will knock some humility into him.

Al Harris continues to play great, and should not be taken for granted.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Also, Ahmad Carroll is playing pretty well. He did get beat deep once, but he was one-on-one and the throw needed to be perfect, which unfortunately it was.

Every corner, no matter how talented, gets beat deep at least once. It's when they get beat consistently that it's a problem. Carroll is improving so I totally agree with your statement. I just wanted to comment. :)

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Also, Ahmad Carroll is playing pretty well. He did get beat deep once, but he was one-on-one and the throw needed to be perfect, which unfortunately it was. I like it that Carroll WANTS to return kickoffs. Some starters don't like doing that. And maybe if Carroll gets clobbered a few times while returning kicks, it will knock some humility into him.

Al Harris continues to play great, and should not be taken for granted.
I agree Carroll has played pretty well since Shermans "talk" with him.
Everyone no matter how good you are (or think you are) is going to get beat every now and then. The key is being able to bounce back from it.
Carroll did look much better returning kick offs than we have seen in awhile.
Harris IMHO is having a pro bowl year.
I also thought the offensive line (for the most part) looked better yesterday and they were up against a pretty damned good defense.
There are bright spots in this season and really we are just a play or two from winning alot of these games.

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will give you Carroll. And how about Cullen Jenkins? Consistently disruptive and swatting balls down with regularity. Harris was a great sign, but I guess the gist of this thread was the younger talent on the team.

Montgomery was a pleasant suprise yesterday. He has a nice stop/start move that allowed him to knife through blockers with some consistency. Plus, he is much more stout against the run than KGB.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Well, Mike Montgomery was making a little noise yesterday! Perhaps he develops at DE and gives us some more power.

Colin Cole continues to impress....stout against the run and disruptive in the backfield. Just like Kampman, another Iowa kid that just keeps getting better.

Nick Collins is always around the ball as the first or the fourth...always laying down a lick when he arrives.

Gado is showing the potential to be more than just a reliable workhorse. Nice moves, and pile moving power, he will develop as a nice back for this team.

These guys, at least, provided something to get a little excited about....because the game just flat out sucked.

Green and Growing. Hopefully they are developing into the foundation for the future. At the very least I hope guys like Gado and Cole can continue to provide some solid depth in the coming seasons.

I was surprised to see as much of Montgomery as we did yesterday, but he displays some good athletic ability. Hopefully he can develop in his 2nd season similar to the way KGB did.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excellent, fair and thoughtful post on this topic by the posters. With the predicted big improvement of '06 salary figures and financial resources of the Packers (Packers are tenth in income in NFL for the last 3 years), there is no reason why this franchise will not improve rapidly. The Packers will have their injured key offensive players back next year, as well as other injured players will be back, all their young players on the roster will have a year of NFL experience "under the belts". They will be drafting in very low rounds of the NFL draft for the first time in 14 years and will be bringing in some free agents in '06. Coaching decision will have to be made by GM Ted Thompson. A new coaching staff doesn't alway mean big improvements in a team performance. I can attest to that,I have been Packer fan long enough to see the many coaching changes after 1967 through 1991 and coaching changes after Lambeau left in 1949 thru 1958. A new head coach will probably mean a new offense and possible new defense coordinator the fourth in four years. A new coach wants to chose all his assistant coaches, If it means starting over with everything new, I think it means a new QB in '06. Ready or not!! There is great possibility that Mike Sherman will be back for 6th year as head coach in Green Bay and that means more postings of posters on Packer forums of anti Sherman crowd which "has been beating that drum" of fire Sherman for most of this year. Should be an interesting new year for Packer fans.

Latest posts