Imagine this!

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every year there is a thread about nearly every big name free agent. There's not much to discuss though since the Packers are simply not going to over pay for a big name guy in free agency.
Johnson isn't realistic, unless he wants to win enough to take a pay cut. Same with other big names. But there are players in free agency each year who could benefit the team. Crabtree was picked up by Oakland for next to nothing.

You'd have to think there was some sort of TE or inside LB that would be better than what we've got. And you have to believe that TT is at least considering taking a look at the market for some established players after the struggles and beatings they have taken.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every year there is a thread about nearly every big name free agent. There's not much to discuss though since the Packers are simply not going to over pay for a big name guy in free agency.

So no Von Miller then? :cry:

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson may never be the same again, you know.

I think it's utterly delusional to think Jordy will be the same player he was before the knee injury.

If the Packers have the $$$ why not sign Megatron?

(???)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no room in Packers Nation for that kind of thinking.
If you are for free agent signings you want to spend the Packers into the poor house for no concrete improvement.:mad:
That's simply not true, but the truth of the matter is you usually overpay for a name guy in FA. Lots of FA signings from last year that got a ton of press at the time, are merely afterthoughts by this point or guys on a team that is eagerly awaiting the divorce. Sure there are quite a few that work out too and most of them are on teams that have the luxury of not having big dollars tied up in star players. Will those signings pay off? maybe, maybe not.

I saw a lot of names tossed around here last spring, and there aren't many that people are saying, "see, we should have had HIM, I told you in March" Most are just saying we need "somebody".

So this year, everyone that's going to complain week after week, when this seasons ends, put your name, to your guys, and the price it is going to cost.

Everyone was talking defense and ILB, yes we need an ILB besides Matthews, and if you think the defense has been the problem this year I can't really talk football with you. They are far from perfect, yet they have been playing well enough this team should be in a much different position than they are in. Nobody was talking offense, everyone thought we were poised to set the league on fire again. So please, this year, everyone sign their name to their guys and the cost.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Unfortunately I dont Think Megatron would accept a pay cut except from New England ...

Oline needs to be upgraded before The WRs ... Our WRs aren't as bad as alot of ppl make Them out to be ...

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's simply not true, but the truth of the matter is you usually overpay for a name guy in FA. Lots of FA signings from last year that got a ton of press at the time, are merely afterthoughts by this point or guys on a team that is eagerly awaiting the divorce. Sure there are quite a few that work out too and most of them are on teams that have the luxury of not having big dollars tied up in star players. Will those signings pay off? maybe, maybe not.

I saw a lot of names tossed around here last spring, and there aren't many that people are saying, "see, we should have had HIM, I told you in March" Most are just saying we need "somebody".

So this year, everyone that's going to complain week after week, when this seasons ends, put your name, to your guys, and the price it is going to cost.

Everyone was talking defense and ILB, yes we need an ILB besides Matthews, and if you think the defense has been the problem this year I can't really talk football with you. They are far from perfect, yet they have been playing well enough this team should be in a much different position than they are in. Nobody was talking offense, everyone thought we were poised to set the league on fire again. So please, this year, everyone sign their name to their guys and the cost.

Not going to lie, I'd still take a MLB lol

Ryan gets picked on a lot lately and I think it's only going to get worse if he doesn't get better quickly.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately I dont Think Megatron would accept a pay cut except from New England ...

Oline needs to be upgraded before The WRs ... Our WRs aren't as bad as alot of ppl make Them out to be ...
Cobb and Jones obviously are not bad players. The TE position is the real killer, as we should have a mismatch on every down with man coverage, and instead any LB can stick with him like glue. If the line were better, and I mean much better, Rodgers would have a chance to extend the play and find somebody like he was at the beginning of the year. Especially with Jordy. But, I still don't want to see the current receiving Corp out there with no Jordy in the future.

Members online

Latest posts