Imagine this!

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given the price tag that will come with it, TT's history, and the return of Nelson, I give it less than 5% of happening. I won't say zero, but I'd be shocked. Unless megratron really wants to come to Green Bay to win (e.g. Julius Peppers, Reggie White) I don't see it happening.

OP
OP
JP Doyal

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Given the price tag that will come with it, TT's history, and the return of Nelson, I give it less than 5% of happening. I won't say zero, but I'd be shocked. Unless megratron really wants to come to Green Bay to win (e.g. Julius Peppers, Reggie White) I don't see it happening.

Yeah that could be possible. Just a little what if scenario!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I would take him if something can be worked out on the financial end. CJ is a class guy, doesn't talk crap and all the good things that make this player intriguing. HOWEVER ... he carries that damned "rule" with his name and it seems to come back to haunt him from time to time... the karma HAS to stay in Detroit. Calvin can come to GB ... the damned Karma stays in Detroit... that's the only way I'd consider it. :)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the money we have invested in Jordy and now Cobb, I can't see us spending what it would take to get CJ in Green Bay. If Ted was going to spend that money in FA, i'd rather it be on a LT

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...7645712-sf17645712fb-nf-sf17645712-sf17645712

So Megatron could be on the move after this season. Imagine if he ended up in a Packer uniform. What do y'all think the chances of that could be? Sometimes players end up on division rival team...a man could wish right? Lol

Honestly I think he is passed his prime... Losing his step is huge for him, with Jordy returning, I'd rather get someone younger, and faster at this point to help take the top off like Floyd/Brown do for the cards.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I think he is passed his prime... Losing his step is huge for him, with Jordy returning, I'd rather get someone younger, and faster at this point to help take the top off like Floyd/Brown do for the cards.
Did you not see Shields struggling to keep up with him? Injuries are a concern, as he's battled them and is a big guy, but he would be a nightmare for any team healthy with Rodgers throwing the ball.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you not see Shields struggling to keep up with him? Injuries are a concern, as he's battled them and is a big guy, but he would be a nightmare for any team healthy with Rodgers throwing the ball.

What? No he didn't?

Stats in the two games... 9 catches on 17 targets for 125 and 1 TD Lets break that down... 52 percent completion rate Averaging 62.5 yards a game .5 TD's... Hardly call that struggling.

He hasn't been himself in years, 2013... maybe since he made a real impact. Say what you want, just the eye test tells me he isn't worth the big money anymore.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What? No he didn't?

Stats in the two games... 9 catches on 17 targets for 125 and 1 TD Lets break that down... 52 percent completion rate Averaging 62.5 yards a game .5 TD's... Hardly call that struggling.

He hasn't been himself in years, 2013... maybe since he made a real impact. Say what you want, just the eye test tells me he isn't worth the big money anymore.
Big money, no. But for a team-friendly contract, absolutely. His decline in production has to do with injuries, as well. But even though he isn't what he once was, he's still drastically better than what we have this year.

I'd love for them to draft a dynamic rookie, but we don't know what we're getting. Even if they did manage to get a good deal on Johnson, I'd still like for them to take one or two in the draft.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe get a few years out of him at TE. He would need to bulk a little(middle aged spread) but it could work.

I was actually leaning more towards this as well if it did happen. Play him at TE. Just a label, he'd still be doing his CJ thing mostly. Problem is, he'd still want WR money.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injuries and age... a very bad combo. Speed & great hands are what this WR corp needs, not big, slow(er), old and big $$$. No thanks.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You realize the same applies to Jordy? I'd put big money on Johnson being able to outrun him.
Jordy is half the price of CJ and already under contract. Why would TT even think about another over-30 WR, and one who's production has been tailing-off for 3 seasons. Jordy hasn't (yet) begun to decline, so apples & oranges IMHO.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I think the point is that having two of those guys would cause defense to curl up in a fetal position.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You realize the same applies to Jordy? I'd put big money on Johnson being able to outrun him.

I'd put my money on John Brown to beat both.

Point is people want some youth and actual top end speed. Jordy and Calvin may be close right now, so why add another similar types? Add someone new... with talent for a longer period of time at less cost.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd put my money on John Brown to beat both.

Point is people want some youth and actual top end speed. Jordy and Calvin may be close right now, so why add another similar types? Add someone new... with talent for a longer period of time at less cost.
I was just looking hypothetically at the situation. I wouldn't pay him what he's making now, but I think he'd absolutely be an asset for a friendly deal.

Sky King

Reaction score
Miles White had some decent speed, too, but that alone was not valued enough to keep him on the roster. As some posters have stated, TT and MM seem to be less enamored with speed at WR, TE and RB than with size (given a choice between just those two particular traits).

Speed, size, good hands, positive attitude and instincts may fairly represent the whole package. Apparently, the front office has had trouble finding players for these offensive skill positions that possess all five of these traits at high levels. Not hard to understand considering the team rarely drafts early enough to secure the likes of a CJ, Julio Jones, Beckham, Green, etc. Jordy is as close as this team has gotten in a while and he's been a fan just like the rest of us this season.

Securing CJ at Peppers prices would be worthy of consideration but probably not very likely to occur for the Packers. He should be able to attract suitors willing to overpay.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miles White had some decent speed, too, but that alone was not valued enough to keep him on the roster. As some posters have stated, TT and MM seem to be less enamored with speed at WR, TE and RB than with size (given a choice between just those two particular traits).

Speed, size, good hands, positive attitude and instincts may fairly represent the whole package. Apparently, the front office has had trouble finding players for these offensive skill positions that possess all five of these traits at high levels. Not hard to understand considering the team rarely drafts early enough to secure the likes of a CJ, Julio Jones, Beckham, Green, etc. Jordy is as close as this team has gotten in a while and he's been a fan just like the rest of us this season.

Securing CJ at Peppers prices would be worthy of consideration but probably not very likely to occur for the Packers. He should be able to attract suitors willing to overpay.

Packers rarely draft that early, but they could trade up... If they felt it worthy, I just haven't seen a lot of value in the players they selected in the 4-7 rounds lately. Most years with multiples in each.

I had a stat before forgot exactly what it is was, but something like only 5-11 drafted receivers since jennings made any impact on the team to this point. I'd trade all six of the others for just one guy with a high ceiling and floor.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every year there is a thread about nearly every big name free agent. There's not much to discuss though since the Packers are simply not going to over pay for a big name guy in free agency.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts