1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Imagine this!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by JP Doyal, Dec 26, 2015.

1. JP Doyal

JP Doyal AR12

Ratings:
    +38
  2. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +507
  3. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +437
    Given the price tag that will come with it, TT's history, and the return of Nelson, I give it less than 5% of happening. I won't say zero, but I'd be shocked. Unless megratron really wants to come to Green Bay to win (e.g. Julius Peppers, Reggie White) I don't see it happening.

4. Patriotplayer90

Patriotplayer90 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +342
    Johnson is tall, fast, and can catch. He has no business in being on GB.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. JP Doyal

JP Doyal AR12

Ratings:
    +38
    Yeah that could be possible. Just a little what if scenario!

6. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +568
    You are right he's not a Packers person.:roflmao:

7. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,231
    I would take him if something can be worked out on the financial end. CJ is a class guy, doesn't talk crap and all the good things that make this player intriguing. HOWEVER ... he carries that damned "rule" with his name and it seems to come back to haunt him from time to time... the karma HAS to stay in Detroit. Calvin can come to GB ... the damned Karma stays in Detroit... that's the only way I'd consider it. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,800
    With the money we have invested in Jordy and now Cobb, I can't see us spending what it would take to get CJ in Green Bay. If Ted was going to spend that money in FA, i'd rather it be on a LT

9. Un4GivN

Un4GivN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +377
    Honestly I think he is passed his prime... Losing his step is huge for him, with Jordy returning, I'd rather get someone younger, and faster at this point to help take the top off like Floyd/Brown do for the cards.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Patriotplayer90

Ratings:
    +342
    Did you not see Shields struggling to keep up with him? Injuries are a concern, as he's battled them and is a big guy, but he would be a nightmare for any team healthy with Rodgers throwing the ball.

11. Un4GivN

Un4GivN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +377
    What? No he didn't?

Stats in the two games... 9 catches on 17 targets for 125 and 1 TD Lets break that down... 52 percent completion rate Averaging 62.5 yards a game .5 TD's... Hardly call that struggling.

He hasn't been himself in years, 2013... maybe since he made a real impact. Say what you want, just the eye test tells me he isn't worth the big money anymore.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Patriotplayer90

Ratings:
    +342
    Big money, no. But for a team-friendly contract, absolutely. His decline in production has to do with injuries, as well. But even though he isn't what he once was, he's still drastically better than what we have this year.

I'd love for them to draft a dynamic rookie, but we don't know what we're getting. Even if they did manage to get a good deal on Johnson, I'd still like for them to take one or two in the draft.

13. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    Maybe get a few years out of him at TE. He would need to bulk a little(middle aged spread) but it could work.

14. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +507
    I was actually leaning more towards this as well if it did happen. Play him at TE. Just a label, he'd still be doing his CJ thing mostly. Problem is, he'd still want WR money.

15. Pkrjones

Pkrjones Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +328
    Injuries and age... a very bad combo. Speed & great hands are what this WR corp needs, not big, slow(er), old and big $$$. No thanks.

16. Patriotplayer90

Ratings:
    +342
    You realize the same applies to Jordy? I'd put big money on Johnson being able to outrun him.

17. Pkrjones

Pkrjones Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +328
    Jordy is half the price of CJ and already under contract. Why would TT even think about another over-30 WR, and one who's production has been tailing-off for 3 seasons. Jordy hasn't (yet) begun to decline, so apples & oranges IMHO.

18. Half Empty

Half Empty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +670
    I may be wrong, but I think the point is that having two of those guys would cause defense to curl up in a fetal position.

19. Un4GivN

Un4GivN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +377
    I'd put my money on John Brown to beat both.

Point is people want some youth and actual top end speed. Jordy and Calvin may be close right now, so why add another similar types? Add someone new... with talent for a longer period of time at less cost.

20. Patriotplayer90

Ratings:
    +342
    I was just looking hypothetically at the situation. I wouldn't pay him what he's making now, but I think he'd absolutely be an asset for a friendly deal.

21. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +2,949
    If Megatron doesn't stay in Detroit, my money is on him landing in New England.

22. Un4GivN

Un4GivN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +377
    Would be a logical landing spot for a team that has zero deep threat speed. But I doubt they pay the money that others will for him.

23. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +968
    Miles White had some decent speed, too, but that alone was not valued enough to keep him on the roster. As some posters have stated, TT and MM seem to be less enamored with speed at WR, TE and RB than with size (given a choice between just those two particular traits).

Speed, size, good hands, positive attitude and instincts may fairly represent the whole package. Apparently, the front office has had trouble finding players for these offensive skill positions that possess all five of these traits at high levels. Not hard to understand considering the team rarely drafts early enough to secure the likes of a CJ, Julio Jones, Beckham, Green, etc. Jordy is as close as this team has gotten in a while and he's been a fan just like the rest of us this season.

Securing CJ at Peppers prices would be worthy of consideration but probably not very likely to occur for the Packers. He should be able to attract suitors willing to overpay.

24. Un4GivN

Un4GivN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +377
    Packers rarely draft that early, but they could trade up... If they felt it worthy, I just haven't seen a lot of value in the players they selected in the 4-7 rounds lately. Most years with multiples in each.

I had a stat before forgot exactly what it is was, but something like only 5-11 drafted receivers since jennings made any impact on the team to this point. I'd trade all six of the others for just one guy with a high ceiling and floor.

25. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,922
    Every year there is a thread about nearly every big name free agent. There's not much to discuss though since the Packers are simply not going to over pay for a big name guy in free agency.