1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm sure BJ Raji will be a perfectly good football player...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Jess, May 6, 2009.

1. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
  2. nelanator

nelanator Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I take back what I said about not knocking him for his academic issues at BC because they hold their athletes to really high academic standards. This kid is obviously not a bright one. At least pick up a dictionary or something...

That said, after listening to Fat Pat Williams talk I would be surprised if he could spell his own name. You obviously don't need to be a genius to stuff running backs in the backfield.

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Exactly!
    How smart a DT needs to be o suceed? I mean, be fat, a little fast, and push some guys. It's not rocket science...

4. skibum55

skibum55 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Remember, guys (and gals), we will be paying him to PLAY football, not SPELL it..

:cool:

5. newman79

newman79 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope I'm wrong, but I didn't see what all the high acclaim was for Raji. I'm no expert, but after watching him play in the Music City Bowl and the Senior Bowl, I didn't see what all the hype was about Raji. So, I'm not so sure if Larry Brown is wrong about him being a bust. I really hope he produces like all the talking heads and experts say, but I just didn't see it when I watched him play a few games on tv while he was at BC.

But, I really do like the Clay Matthews pick and Quinn Johnson. I really liked what I saw of both of those guys when I watched USC and LSU, respectively, last season.

6. croxeye

croxeye Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    maybe the eagles were hurting when he signed this :p

7. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I've always liked the picking of Raji he's good for NG, he's strong and can fill a gap as well as have some speed for applying pressure to a quarterback