1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm still bummed about this superbowl

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by packedhouse01, Jan 30, 2008.

1. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I can't get excited about this super bowl. For whatever reason seeing the Giants in Arizona just turns my stomach. I'm a window of opportunities guy. As thrilled as I am with the success this team had this year and as surprised as I was to see us in the Championship, I still felt we were the better team and that we should be in the Super Bowl. I went back and watched the championship game and there were just so many opportunities for this team and for whatever reason we just couldn't do it. This just might have been our one opportunity to back to the super bowl. I hope our lack of competitivness doesn't come back to haunt us.

Does anyone else feel this way? As of now, I have no intention of watching the game.

2. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    There's a game on Sunday?

3. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried to avoid reading about the game, or listening to people talk about it on the radio. It is tough. But I do plan on watching the game and cheering for the Giants.

What's really a drag is that for the rest of our lives, we will be hearing about either of two things:

1. The Patriots, the greatest team in NFL history, who went 19-0--and our Packers might have given them a better game than the Giants did.

2. The Giants, who pulled the Upset of the Century--and our Packers could've been the team pulling off that upset.

4. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Animal planet is airing puppy bowl 4, that's what I will be watching!!!!

5. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    When? What time? Whos playing? Where?

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    We actually watched the replay of that last year in a drunken stooper. It was beyond awesome. Then we watched "worlds craziest ****" or whatever the show was called, with crashes, animal attacks, and whatnot.

Puppy Bowl 4, BABY!

7. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
  8. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I could never understand why the coaches have headphones on. Who is ther to talk to?

Better...maybe but puppy bowl is more entertaining.

9. c_mac

c_mac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    I'm definitely having a hard time getting geared up for this Super Bowl. The Giants are beyond a disappointment. I hate Dallas but at least I would have had a reason to watch, mainly to see them lose. I just don't give an even remote **** about the Giants.

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I may watch it, just for something to do. But i really don't care which team wins. I won't cheer either way.

11. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I feel the same way, I will not be watching the game. I couldnt watch it even if I wanted to since I am working, but I still would not

12. BlueMoose

BlueMoose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like I'll have to dig out my DVD of the '96 SB. Again.

13. packman31

packman31 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Only reason Im watching is to see if I win any money from the superbowl pools that Im in.

14. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    You'll watch it. And I know who you're rooting for. :wink:

15. eap33

eap33 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll be watching, wearing my Packers jersey and drinkin' beer with both hands. Cheering everytime someone gets hit really hard and takes a long time to get up. Maybe Eli will get injured and they'll bring in that mammoth tank of a backup QB they have, Lorenzen. That dude is HUGE. I'd watch if he was playing, just because it'd be hilarious.

Jared Lorenzen | New York Giants # 13
    Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) | Weight: 285 lb (129 kg)

16. joym13

joym13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll be watching for the commercials!

17. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I found someone to give me 13 points. :)

Go Giants!

18. TheKanataThrilla

TheKanataThrilla Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The only Boston vs. New York game I care about is in baseball. I am planning on watching the game, but for the life of me I could care less who wins. I just hope it is competitive.

19. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    I wish one of those teams would've ended up with Johan. I know, I know... at least he's out of the AL and we wouldn't have to face him. But if Boston and NY would have gotten into a bidding war (like they damn well should have!) I think the Twins would have a lot more to show for it.

20. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    He is HUGE.........I think he's their substitute pass rusher if 2 guys go down.......lol.............They also have Tony Wright as another backup..........Believe me I wont be lol-ing if either one of them get in.......Then I'll be drinkin' beer w/2 hands and have my cheesehead on.

Jared does have a great arm and for a few games he was their short yardage guy when Jacobs was hurt and before they realized how good bradshaw was.

21. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    He's gonna kill the NL w/out the DH and most of the teams have lousy 8th place hitters.

22. TheKanataThrilla

Ratings:
    +0
    Were the Twins just looking to dump salary? That Morneau deal was a pretty large commitment on their end. I don't follow the Twins (other than Morneau because he is Canadian) but I still don't know why they would deal one of the best pitchers in the league unless he was becoming a cancer in the dressing room. The only way to compete against the big teams like New York and Boston is to secure a good pitching staff. The Yankees are proof that you can spend all you want on hitting and not win when it counts.

23. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    He would've been a free agent after this season.

24. TheKanataThrilla

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. I assume that Minny being a small market team was pretty much screwed financially to try and re-sign him? They are starting to remind me of the Expos :( . Develop good talent only to send them off to other teams for young players to try and develop. Repeat cycle every couple of years.

25. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Exactly.............from everything I've heard Santana is a model citizen in the clubhouse.