I'm still bummed about this superbowl

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't get excited about this super bowl. For whatever reason seeing the Giants in Arizona just turns my stomach. I'm a window of opportunities guy. As thrilled as I am with the success this team had this year and as surprised as I was to see us in the Championship, I still felt we were the better team and that we should be in the Super Bowl. I went back and watched the championship game and there were just so many opportunities for this team and for whatever reason we just couldn't do it. This just might have been our one opportunity to back to the super bowl. I hope our lack of competitivness doesn't come back to haunt us.

Does anyone else feel this way? As of now, I have no intention of watching the game.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've tried to avoid reading about the game, or listening to people talk about it on the radio. It is tough. But I do plan on watching the game and cheering for the Giants.

What's really a drag is that for the rest of our lives, we will be hearing about either of two things:

1. The Patriots, the greatest team in NFL history, who went 19-0--and our Packers might have given them a better game than the Giants did.

2. The Giants, who pulled the Upset of the Century--and our Packers could've been the team pulling off that upset.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Animal planet is airing puppy bowl 4, that's what I will be watching!!!!

We actually watched the replay of that last year in a drunken stooper. It was beyond awesome. Then we watched "worlds craziest ****" or whatever the show was called, with crashes, animal attacks, and whatnot.

Puppy Bowl 4, BABY!

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm definitely having a hard time getting geared up for this Super Bowl. The Giants are beyond a disappointment. I hate Dallas but at least I would have had a reason to watch, mainly to see them lose. I just don't give an even remote **** about the Giants.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may watch it, just for something to do. But i really don't care which team wins. I won't cheer either way.

JoshTheChild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't get excited about this super bowl. For whatever reason seeing the Giants in Arizona just turns my stomach. I'm a window of opportunities guy. As thrilled as I am with the success this team had this year and as surprised as I was to see us in the Championship, I still felt we were the better team and that we should be in the Super Bowl. I went back and watched the championship game and there were just so many opportunities for this team and for whatever reason we just couldn't do it. This just might have been our one opportunity to back to the super bowl. I hope our lack of competitivness doesn't come back to haunt us.

Does anyone else feel this way? As of now, I have no intention of watching the game.

I feel the same way, I will not be watching the game. I couldnt watch it even if I wanted to since I am working, but I still would not

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
I may watch it, just for something to do. But i really don't care which team wins. I won't cheer either way.

You'll watch it. And I know who you're rooting for. :wink:

I'll be watching, wearing my Packers jersey and drinkin' beer with both hands. Cheering everytime someone gets hit really hard and takes a long time to get up. Maybe Eli will get injured and they'll bring in that mammoth tank of a backup QB they have, Lorenzen. That dude is HUGE. I'd watch if he was playing, just because it'd be hilarious.

Jared Lorenzen | New York Giants # 13
Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) | Weight: 285 lb (129 kg)

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only Boston vs. New York game I care about is in baseball. I am planning on watching the game, but for the life of me I could care less who wins. I just hope it is competitive.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish one of those teams would've ended up with Johan. I know, I know... at least he's out of the AL and we wouldn't have to face him. But if Boston and NY would have gotten into a bidding war (like they damn well should have!) I think the Twins would have a lot more to show for it.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SNAP said:
cheesey said:

You'll watch it. And I know who you're rooting for. :wink:

I'll be watching, wearing my Packers jersey and drinkin' beer with both hands. Cheering everytime someone gets hit really hard and takes a long time to get up. Maybe Eli will get injured and they'll bring in that mammoth tank of a backup QB they have, Lorenzen. That dude is HUGE. I'd watch if he was playing, just because it'd be hilarious.

Jared Lorenzen | New York Giants # 13
Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) | Weight: 285 lb (129 kg)

He is HUGE.........I think he's their substitute pass rusher if 2 guys go down.......lol.............They also have Tony Wright as another backup..........Believe me I wont be lol-ing if either one of them get in.......Then I'll be drinkin' beer w/2 hands and have my cheesehead on.

Jared does have a great arm and for a few games he was their short yardage guy when Jacobs was hurt and before they realized how good bradshaw was.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
I wish one of those teams would've ended up with Johan. I know, I know... at least he's out of the AL and we wouldn't have to face him. But if Boston and NY would have gotten into a bidding war (like they damn well should have!) I think the Twins would have a lot more to show for it.

He's gonna kill the NL w/out the DH and most of the teams have lousy 8th place hitters.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

Were the Twins just looking to dump salary? That Morneau deal was a pretty large commitment on their end. I don't follow the Twins (other than Morneau because he is Canadian) but I still don't know why they would deal one of the best pitchers in the league unless he was becoming a cancer in the dressing room. The only way to compete against the big teams like New York and Boston is to secure a good pitching staff. The Yankees are proof that you can spend all you want on hitting and not win when it counts.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

Were the Twins just looking to dump salary? That Morneau deal was a pretty large commitment on their end. I don't follow the Twins (other than Morneau because he is Canadian) but I still don't know why they would deal one of the best pitchers in the league unless he was becoming a cancer in the dressing room. The only way to compete against the big teams like New York and Boston is to secure a good pitching staff. The Yankees are proof that you can spend all you want on hitting and not win when it counts.

He would've been a free agent after this season.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TheKanataThrilla said:
bozz_2006 said:

Thanks. I assume that Minny being a small market team was pretty much screwed financially to try and re-sign him? They are starting to remind me of the Expos :( . Develop good talent only to send them off to other teams for young players to try and develop. Repeat cycle every couple of years.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SNAP said:
TheKanataThrilla said:
bozz_2006 said:

Thanks. I assume that Minny being a small market team was pretty much screwed financially to try and re-sign him? They are starting to remind me of the Expos :( . Develop good talent only to send them off to other teams for young players to try and develop. Repeat cycle every couple of years.

Exactly.............from everything I've heard Santana is a model citizen in the clubhouse.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts