Im not really unhappy about this loss.

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep flip flopping on my feelings on this loss.
On the one hand this was our best game against the 40Whiners in a long freakin time.
On the other I am getting sick and tired of us going from being a team that never lost a Lambeau playoff game to being a team that now has a curse of losing every Lambeau playoff game.
I want to see us win so badly a PO game at Lambeau to lift that bloody curse.
Now we have to wait till next year and it's a long friggen wait yet Christmas is just around the corner. LOL

You realize we won a playoff game at Lambeau last year right?

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that the game was so close given given the freaking incredible number of injuries suffered by the Packers before the game and during the game speaks well of the Packers. Kaepernick was able to run as he did simply because we had no one out there left with wheels--CMIII and Mike Neal and Perry are all athletic enough, but all were out/injured.

In the off-season, I'll puke if I hear any more platitudes out of MM. "We thoroughly examine all of our coaching and training staff, etc. etc." B-F**KING SH*T MIKE. YOU DON'T JUST EXAMINE, YOU MAKE SOME CHANGES.

We are all sick of seeing a Packers team that resembling the walking wounded, and furthermore coaching-wise, we need something different at DC, we need a real OC who runs the offense (not MM's utterly predictable, uncreative and ineffective play-calling), and a new ST coach.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? I'm pretty heartbroken right now. I'll be over it in a few days, but it's hard for me to accept right now that Packer football is no more until September.
I agree.
I'm lost for a couple of months after the Packer's season is over.
I'm not interested in hockey or NBA basketball so I wait for March Madness, Detroit Tigers spring training and the Packers draft to snap me out of my sports doldrums.

Simms87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We just have to upgrade our defense. With Rodgers and Lacy you have a shot for the trophy every single year. The Packers offense is so tough to stop, even for great defenses.
So, if Finley is ready to come back next year, i would use all draft picks for the defense, except one if a good tackle is available. Make sure a safety comes to Green Bay, that is ready to play from snap 1. Fix the linebacker situation. And maybe get some more passrush. That's all i'm asking for the draft.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We just have to upgrade our defense. With Rodgers and Lacy you have a shot for the trophy every single year. The Packers offense is so tough to stop, even for great defenses.
So, if Finley is ready to come back next year, i would use all draft picks for the defense, except one if a good tackle is available. Make sure a safety comes to Green Bay, that is ready to play from snap 1. Fix the linebacker situation. And maybe get some more passrush. That's all i'm asking for the draft.
You really aren't asking for much, are you.:)

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if we had won this game and this 23-20 game would have happened next week in Carolina, I could have come to terms with the fact that it was a great game and memorable season.

But not the 49ers. The team that just owns us the last few years. We didn't wipe the smug look off Kapernick's face, we didn't shut Anthony Davis' mouth, and we're going to have to listen to stupid jokes on ESPN like "the people of Wisconsin own the Packers....oh no technically, the 49ers own the Packers."

And it was at home. That hurts a little more too, to me. That Lambeau playoff mystique is long gone.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
It was great just getting to the playoffs this year. Yeah it sucks we lost at home and everything that comes with that, yet it wasn't like the Thanksgiving game. We won the division despite that game and we are still top of the NFC North. With the amount of injuries on the defense we did great this game. Plus we have next year to look forward too, glad Rodgers wasn't re-injured and Cobb was back.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On a side note, at first I laughed at FrankRizzo's rants about injuries, thinking it was hyperbole. Your freaking players were just dropping like flies. It was crazy. What is it, the weather?

I think the Packers need to reassess their athletic training program. Over training during the season? Not training enough in the off season?

Could not agree more. Enough is enough! Clearly something is going on in Green Bay that we consistently have twice the injuries than the league average!

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
several thoughts.

This loss isnt on capers, with what he had everyone performed well and we didnt get lit up. We missed a late int that would have won us the game.

Hyde jumped as high as he could and barely got his fingers on the ball. He did everything he could on that play.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Not blaming Capers on a knuckle head play by Bush, BUT 3 times Kapernick beat us by that leg thing, Capers knew what this guy was capable of doing, I am looking at my sky box at home and yelling like a arm chair coordinator, theres and opening he is going to run I think those were his first thoughts, and did anyone see a Capers D adjusting to this at least someone spying on him "NO"..3times two in playoff situations and the same results…I would love to see a Pack D captain just calls his own plays on the field.this was a hard loss too deal with for a year knowing it was there for the taking, the refs and I eat crow about wining about them, were handing us the advantage with "no calls" or the score could have been worse, HOUSE cleaning is in order and that name is first, I really thought Arod was going to get hurt, I have zero confidence in the O'Line, and here is where I will get hammered on, Arod had 2 sacks that were his fault and he does have a tendacy to hold the ball to long but he did not offer excuses, don't think I can watch a Super Bowl with SF, or Seattle in it…Yeah I could just to see them get WHOOPED!

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The play call was perfect on Kaepernick's last run. Got pressure on him with a linebacker waiting up the middle and nobody got open, but Bush messed it up and got too far inside.
Bush got blocked by a man nearly twice his size. He jumped on the pump fake and that was that. I don't put this on Bush because there were 3 or 4 other plays where if just one of them went our way it could have been a different outcome.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hyde jumped as high as he could and barely got his fingers on the ball. He did everything he could on that play.

Agreed... the players would tell you if they get their hands on it they should catch it...but on that play...had he caught it it would have been a fantastic play. It was not an easy pick like some are saying.

Members online

Latest posts