I have to believe that Thompson trades the first round pick.

the_truth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you can put it in blood that Thompson will trade the 30th pick. hopefully to Atlanta, for maybe Next years first round pick and a second this year.

that would be an ideal trade for the Packers. That way, after Aaron , (glass Jaw) Rodgers, falls on his face and Ted Thompson, Mike McCarthy and the ZBS, and the current defensive coordinator are shown what type of true talent they have without Brett Favre to carry the load, All are FIRED.

and the new GM and Coach will have something to Build on.

look for the Packers to have the biggest drop in NFL History from 13 wins, to maybe 3 or 4. all of which come from the Vikings and Detroit.

that's sorry to say, is the truth.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flowers would be a wonderful Al Harris/Charles Woodson protégé, he's the most physical corner in the draft.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching a show on the NFL network last night about the best draft day trades, and they flipped to a segment about Bill Walsh's 49ers and how he traded away picks to get Steve Young, despite already having Joe Montana.

The result to a bit of competition? Montana responds with one of the best seasons of his career.

Knowing TT's track record of creating competition at every spot, I can see him drafting a QB. But, I'm not sold on it being in the 1st round. Green Bay seems to have more needs than a QB, but I believe that one will be drafted.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QBs I'd like TT to draft one of:

Brian Brohn
Chad Henne
Joe Flacco
John David Booty

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT doesn't draft by needs, draft picks are long term investments, therefore you don't draft by need and you draft the best player available.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ye I understand what you mean and I agree with you also ... but considering there are better players then brohm and can actually sign a veteran QB ... I would think he would rather go with a veteran qb ... what's the point of drafting a rookie and putting him as backup ... Even if rodgers doesn't perform ... what are the chances of that rookie to be better ... ?

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Brohm is the top player available on the Packers board, I have no doubt TT will draft him.

BangTheDrum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the_truth said:
look for the Packers to have the biggest drop in NFL History from 13 wins, to maybe 3 or 4. all of which come from the Vikings and Detroit.

Ummm... no, wtf

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the_truth said:

Ummm... no, wtf

the_truth has made 2 posts -- both of which are to bait us. Just press the "ignore" button.

bigbyfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We might trade our first round pick to the giants... I just heard on ESPN that the Packers have thrown their name in to get Shockey. I doubt it happens, but it is something to think about.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: I have to believe that Thompson trades the first round p

BangTheDrum said:
the_truth said:

Ummm... no, wtf

the_truth has made 2 posts -- both of which are to bait us. Just press the "ignore" button.

Check.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That would be cool... I like his playing style, not so much his attitude sometimes but oh well

he's talented, to be sure, but I hope we don't get him. Look at how young Eli spread his wings once Mr. Shockey got broken. Rodgers has enough pressure on the field, he doesn't need to have more added by Shockey screaming at him during every huddle.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey guys, we were ignoring the stupid part of his post and discussing the draft, why don't we continue that? Then his posts will be wasted.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers will be very good QB specially with this team ... like someone had said on this forum ... the team is built for rodgers ... so he can't do bad ... end of story

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

bozz_2006 said:
That would be cool... I like his playing style, not so much his attitude sometimes but oh well

he's talented, to be sure, but I hope we don't get him. Look at how young Eli spread his wings once Mr. Shockey got broken. Rodgers has enough pressure on the field, he doesn't need to have more added by Shockey screaming at him during every huddle.

I second this emotion

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ye I understand what you mean and I agree with you also ... but considering there are better players then brohm and can actually sign a veteran QB ... I would think he would rather go with a veteran qb ... what's the point of drafting a rookie and putting him as backup ... Even if rodgers doesn't perform ... what are the chances of that rookie to be better ... ?

TT isn't worried about whether the rookie will be better this year, he wants talent and depth for the future. The rookie could either supplant Rodgers, become a very good backup, or become trade-bait after we mold him.

The veteran QBs out there all stink and aren't going to help this team in the future.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think that is how TT operates.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

the_truth said:
you can put it in blood that Thompson will trade the 30th pick. hopefully to Atlanta, for maybe Next years first round pick and a second this year.

that would be an ideal trade for the Packers. That way, after Aaron , (glass Jaw) Rodgers, falls on his face and Ted Thompson, Mike McCarthy and the ZBS, and the current defensive coordinator are shown what type of true talent they have without Brett Favre to carry the load, All are FIRED.

and the new GM and Coach will have something to Build on.

You sound VERY familiar

Now Trom might be able to SMELL your sent, I just don't ************ that way

Reaction score

Flowers would be a wonderful Al Harris/Charles Woodson protégé, he's the most physical corner in the draft.

That seems to be the truth when you look at the tape, but the only thing I wonder is if Ted will draft a CB that small.

The Packers have been burned a couple of times drafting small CBs, the most recent being Carroll.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are a ton of good DBs in this draft. If a difference maker at OL or QB is there at 30, we have to look at him. Still, I like the trade down idea (maybe a team hot for Henne?) and get an extra couple picks. I really like Reggie Smith and GB should be able to get him in the 2nd.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So who is "the truth"? I vote pack66.

As for the subject of this thread, Thompson has not traded a first round pick yet, and I doubt that he will start now, with the team having less need for a high number of draft picks than it has in the last three years.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts