I have always respected this guy.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Dolphins have officially released seven-time Pro Bowl linebacker Zach Thomas, and he has said he plans to continue his career with another team. Would he fit in to this Packer team?

Imagine what he could teach young Bishop and even Nick about playing MLB. The Packers could rotate Nick and him to keep them both fresh and hungry with fresh legs and full wind.

I know! I know... I know... he is 35 or 36 years old.? I know he has concussion challenges, but that is what might make him willing to take a lesser role than a starter.

Plus he may be willing to sign with a team like the Packers who give him a chance at a ring in his last year.

R.P.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you really think Barnett would want to split time with anybody???

Thomas to the Packers sounds like another Maddenesque suggestion. :S

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you really think Barnett would want to split time with anybody???

Thomas to the Packers sounds like another Maddenesque suggestion. :S

I agree. If Thomas played at Poppinga's position, maybe, but....yeah. What Tiger said.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only way he could earn a starting gig is at SLB by beating out Brady. Otherwise, he's have to backup Nick or AJ because they are to entrenched at their current positions.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Yeah, not gonna happen. As with most positions, too many other teams that need / want him more then we will.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably cost too much to bring him in and like everyone else said, it's not likely that he'd beat anyone out. Thomas was a great player, but I don't think he's got enough left in the tank to make a huge contribution.

He'll probably sign with New England - don't all the vets end up over there anyway?

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His injury is what concerns me most. I just think he's too old, draft a LB if you need one that badly. It would be cheaper and better long term.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the guy too, but the only way we need him is if he's willing to move outside.

Members online

Latest posts