I hate it when Favre does that

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was not Favre's fault for the Packers losing this game. He went up against the best defense in the NFL and got rid of the ball fast enough to avoid the sacks that the Bears have been racking up, he moved the ball down the field, he picked up 1st downs when he really needed a clutch throw and got up after taking a couple of real nasty hits.
The Bears are an opportunistic team and have taken advantage of the chances given to them all season. Blame Favre?
:shock:

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt about it, Brett pushed too hard today when he did not have to and it cost us. I am also surprised that Brett is still exposing himself to interceptions considering he said himself that the way to play the Bears would include being patient. I don't know why Brett is continuing to throw the forced picks ( the ones that are his fault, not all of them ) but I do know that this is the only area he is lacking in at this point in his career. Brett is out there blocking, running, putting up the yardage and playing until the bitter end of every game to win. Bottom line in my opinion is that if the man can learn to be "patient" then we will have a winning team next year. Just a little patience Brett, just a little patience. You Can do it.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is an idea for all you saying Favre should not be playing, let's put Aaron Rogers in there and let him get killled because he has no chance to succeed with the offense that we field.

Then you all can ***** about TT wasting a 1st round pick when Rogers loses all his confidence and never plays up to his potential.

Brett made the bad passes, but on the play you all are saying he should have run, go back and take a look, #43 had him all the way, he had the angle, there was no way Favre would have made the first down.

Like it or not, the ONLY chance this team has to win is with Brett Favre playing QB.

Brett got killed out there today, he was running for his life the whole day,but at the end of the day he was still out there trying to win!!!!!

You all just keep *****ing and moaning, when Brett is gone you will all wish he was still there.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil - up to this point I've considered you as being fairly knowledgeable about the game of football - who's fault was it right before half when the Packers were again knocking on the doorstep inside the 10 yard line and heaved a jump ball only to have the Bears get a field goal out of that INT. Now, keep in mind, I'm not P@ck66 so I won't blame Sherman for that...Favre should have taken a sack or thrown the ball away to give his team a chance at points. It's OK to blame Favre when he screws up just like it's OK to give him credit where credit is due. He's playing with a bunch of NFL Europe players minus a couple that are pro-caliber on offense and keeps the team close. I'll give him that....

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrads Phil, a few weeks ago I would have layed $$$ on us beating you guys but you guys showed up to play and never got off track. Congrads Bear fan, Congrads.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Phil - up to this point I've considered you as being fairly knowledgeable about the game of football - who's fault was it right before half when the Packers were again knocking on the doorstep inside the 10 yard line and heaved a jump ball only to have the Bears get a field goal out of that INT. Now, keep in mind, I'm not P@ck66 so I won't blame Sherman for that...Favre should have taken a sack or thrown the ball away to give his team a chance at points. It's OK to blame Favre when he screws up just like it's OK to give him credit where credit is due. He's playing with a bunch of NFL Europe players minus a couple that are pro-caliber on offense and keeps the team close. I'll give him that....

The pass that he flung up for grabs in the end zone was a bad one no doubt but he has done that kind of stuff since day one. The one returned for a TD was just a good play by Vasher. He broke on the ball at the right time and there was no one in front of him for an easy score. He is leading the NFL in INTs this season and is a very good DB so there is no shame in that one.
I am saying that Favre kept them in the game by keeping the Bears defense on the field for a long time and he moved the ball against them better than any other QB has done this season when he had very little time to set up.
The man took a beating today and stood in there like he has always done until the end. That is why the fans in Chicago have always respected Favre. I have seen him cost the Packers some games before but I don’t think that this one was on his shoulders as much. Favre's end zone pick hurt them but they never even get that close without him.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That ball he threw that Vasher picked off was poorly thrown. If the ball is thrown to the outside shoulder, there's no way he picks it off. Oh, well...game over and the Packers will see a better day.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ND is right the ball was poorly thrown and to the inside. There was no way for the receiver to make that catch.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just saw the replay and you are correct. It was a bad throw and at the wrong guy to throw it at. Now that I think about it, Favre was pretty lucky that he did not have at least two others picked off because the Bears defenders just dropped them.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
Here is an idea for all you saying Favre should not be playing, let's put Aaron Rogers in there and let him get killled because he has no chance to succeed with the offense that we field.

Then you all can ***** about TT wasting a 1st round pick when Rogers loses all his confidence and never plays up to his potential.

Brett made the bad passes, but on the play you all are saying he should have run, go back and take a look, #43 had him all the way, he had the angle, there was no way Favre would have made the first down.

Like it or not, the ONLY chance this team has to win is with Brett Favre playing QB.

Brett got killed out there today, he was running for his life the whole day,but at the end of the day he was still out there trying to win!!!!!

You all just keep *****!ng and moaning, when Brett is gone you will all wish he was still there.

Very well said buckeye.

ND- read up higher. Yam said in the post game press conf brett said HE WAS trying to throw that ball away but he was getting hit and didn't get enough on it.

Members online

Latest posts