I hate it when Favre does that

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm no Favre-basher. In fact I love the guy. But the one thing he keeps doing over and over it seems is not run.

Like just today; he has room to run for a first down, and just throws it away.

That's my one biggest gripe with #4. I can tolerate interceptions, but not that.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
I'm no Favre-basher. In fact I love the guy. But the one thing he keeps doing over and over it seems is not run.

Like just today; he has room to run for a first down, and just throws it away.

That's my one biggest gripe with #4. I can tolerate interceptions, but not that.

You would think he would know better than that. I thought that was stupid too. He should have run it as well. That was not a smart decision. Who called that one?

showgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i love favre, too and appreciate what he's done for the franchise. i also believe he still has the ability to play at a high level. but i have to wonder where is the judgment of a 15-year veteran? bad passes resulted in at least two scores today for the bears, and killed other drives. we can talk about it all day, but it appears we'll see more of the same for the rest of this season. i'd like to believe things would be different with a healthy team. TT has got to be planning big things for the offseason. he likes to build a team with the draft, so it looks like he'll get his chance.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can anyone defend Favre after that fiasco??? Granted, he's one of the all-time great QB's, but come on....... I can't believe the Favre lovers. Maybe it's time for him to hang it up? Play calling is about 80%, on-field decision making is the other 20%. Don't get me wrong,I still love the Pack,but it's very discouraging to watch this every week.

Now you can defend away........

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The receivers had their fair share of blunders today, but evil Brett showed his face today as well...neither fumble his fault, but both picks certainly were.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Granted he had no business throwing the first one up for grabs in the end zone.....I thought Fergeson did a **** poor job of going and fighting for the ball.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wischeez said:
How can anyone defend Favre after that fiasco??? Granted, he's one of the all-time great QB's, but come on....... I can't believe the Favre lovers. Maybe it's time for him to hang it up? Play calling is about 80%, on-field decision making is the other 20%. Don't get me wrong,I still love the Pack,but it's very discouraging to watch this every week.

AHHHHHHHHH My eyes My eyes! You're bashing Brett. Shame on you. Clearly those interceptions were not His fault. They had to be:
1. The Coaching staff
2. The receivers
3. The seagulls that flew onto the field and deflected the ball. Yeah THAT'S it. That's the ticket. It was seagalls that did it. Curse them curse all of those Chicago seagulls.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
wischeez said:

AHHHHHHHHH My eyes My eyes! You're bashing Brett. Shame on you. Clearly those interceptions were not His fault. They had to be:
1. The Coaching staff
2. The receivers
3. The seagulls that flew onto the field and deflected the ball. Yeah THAT'S it. That's the ticket. It was seagalls that did it. Curse them curse all of those Chicago seagulls.

I suppose the glasses don't help either :p

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
haha wpr, I like the seagulls...but you weren't quite right, you need to be more specific...

It was sherosley and his fat *** (don't forget the description of the ***)

Seriously though, I love Brett, but the predictability is getting almost commical now (like a clifton false start)...I said to my roommate when the Bears were driving to go up 12-7...the 4th quarter will now be stagnant, until ~ 4 min to go, it will come to Brett in the clutch, and he'll throw a pick. Sure as $hit, what happens?!?

And yes Rabidgopher, I believe Brett's pick:TD ratio is 19:21

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wischeez said:
wpr said:
wischeez said:

1. The Coaching staff
2. The receivers

I suppose the glasses don't help either :p

I do wear glasses but they won't help. I witnessed someone defile Brett and now I will be blinded for life. Woe is me. The agony of it all.
Think man before you put words out there in the internet for just anyone to read. I'll bet your fingers have already curled up and are ready to fall off.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today Mr. Favre was not good. Too many times he tries to make the great play instead of the right one. This was also a badly called game too. Then again, I see Gatto, Ferguson, Leach, Martin, Lee and I see what Ron Wolf calls European players. He isn't getting much help. The guard play was still awful.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
haha wpr, I like the seagulls...but you weren't quite right, you need to be more specific...

It was sherosley and his fat *** (don't forget the description of the ***)

Seriously though, I love Brett, but the predictability is getting almost commical now (like a clifton false start)...I said to my roommate when the Bears were driving to go up 12-7...the 4th quarter will now be stagnant, until ~ 4 min to go, it will come to Brett in the clutch, and he'll throw a pick. Sure as $hit, what happens?!?

And yes Rabidgopher, I believe Brett's pick:TD ratio is 19:21

Yes the coaching staff was my 1st guess. I mean my number one reason that Brett threw the INT. They should have anticipated the Int and then called a running play to foil it.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
Yes the coaching staff was my 1st guess. I mean my number one reason that Brett threw the INT. They should have anticipated the Int and then called a running play to foil it.

Or just not call the "interception play" in the first place...really, what kind of coaching staff has that play in the playbook, and not only that, what sort of moron actually decides to use it in a game? That Sherosley and his interception play, sheesh!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
Today Mr. Favre was not good. Too many times he tries to make the great play instead of the right one. This was also a badly called game too. Then again, I see Gatto, Ferguson, Leach, Martin, Lee and I see what Ron Wolf calls European players. He isn't getting much help. The guard play was still awful.

Packed,
I just want you to know that I have never questioned Brett's heart. He is truly a class act and his goes down trying. I do respect the man for that. After one of the int's my wife asked me when will he learn not to do those things. I told her after 15 yrs if he hasn't learned by now he never will. Actually he has learned. He has learned if he doesn't force it nothing is going to happen.
I just want to have the ability to say Brett had a horrible game and his skills are slowing down (and give the kid a few snaps during the game to help his deveopment b/c we have all seen that he certainly needs all the help he can get.) without a bunch of people questioning whether or not I am a true Packer fan.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
wpr said:

Or just not call the "interception play" in the first place...really, what kind of coaching staff has that play in the playbook, and not only that, what sort of moron actually decides to use it in a game? That Sherosley and his interception play, sheesh!

Ah Musccy I am sure glad we can laugh a bit after a game/season like this. I am w/ u. tear the darn play out of the book. In Rodger's case scribble over it in crayon.

OP
OP
Y

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first INT Brett threw he was trying to throw away. I watched the press conference he had and he said he just didn't get enough on it because he was getting hit as he threw it. I can forgive him for that

But the second INT will force me to hold a grudge for a long time. At least till next Sunday...

On a side note, Sherman needs to stop passing so much. Favre threw 58 times. 58!!!

Granted they were down for some of the game, but Sherman just completely abandons the run in the 4th quarter and it makes me sick. If you throw 58 times a few of them are likely to be picked off.

PPierce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a true Packer fan. Brett isn't at the level he used to be and he isn't going to change for a less experienced team. Granted, we need help almost everywhere, but we do need to start getting a new QB used to this team. If Brett were still that good these days, he wouldn't lead the league in interceptions and have more int. than TD's. He's making a lot of bad decisions. We are well out of the playoffs. I think we should give Rogers some playing time to see if the kid can cut it. If he can't, we'll have a high draft pick and Lienart will be available. Favre did wonderful things for our franchise, but it's time for him to stop being seen as the way he was and time to see the way he IS. We need to build for the future. And, no, it's not his all his fault.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr...I agree, it's only football, and it's fun to joke about.

Yared-yam...you are probably right about the run, but I just wanted to point out, that b4 you were on the board, MS got ripped because he was trying to run it too much, and the ball needed to be in Brett's hands because he gives the pack the best chance to win, or so the MS bashers say.

OP
OP
Y

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
wpr...I agree, it's only football, and it's fun to joke about.

Yared-yam...you are probably right about the run, but I just wanted to point out, that b4 you were on the board, MS got ripped because he was trying to run it too much, and the ball needed to be in Brett's hands because he gives the pack the best chance to win, or so the MS bashers say.

Why would they say that. Packers used to be one of the best running teams in the league.

Was that earlier this year or previous years?

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Why would they say that. Packers used to be one of the best running teams in the league.

Was that earlier this year or previous years?

Because the running game was going nowhere this year before Davenport and then Gado started.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared,

Yeah, earlier in the year, esp. after the MN dome game. They thought that since the running game was so anemic, they shouldn't keep using it, and the Pack would be better off w/ Brett.

It's certainly less exciting trying to run it w/ this year's team, but I agree that now that the running game is getting better, they do need to emphasize that more.

OP
OP
Y

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Yared,

Yeah, earlier in the year, esp. after the MN dome game. They thought that since the running game was so anemic, they shouldn't keep using it, and the Pack would be better off w/ Brett.

It's certainly less exciting trying to run it w/ this year's team, but I agree that now that the running game is getting better, they do need to emphasize that more.

I guess they can't please anyone this year.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a huge Favre fan and would hate to see him hang up the cleats this year. Having said that, to blame anyone but himself on some of these decisions game in and game out would be ridiculous. There are probably only a couple of QB's in the entire league that would just throw the ball up for grabs at the end of the half with your team up 7-6 and you're damn near on the goal line. Worst case scenario is that he goes down and Longwell gets to come in and miss a FG because B.J. Sander is one brain-cell extra of being a vegetable apparently. Whatever that means..... :)

Members online

Latest posts