Hypothetical

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I think Yercell raises a good point.

Regradless, IF I WAS TT, then I'd have taken Quinn, if (and only if) Favre had retired before the draft.

I'm a firm believer in the philosophy that if you have the chance to draft a potential 'franchise' QB, you do it. (Obviously, there are exceptions to the rule such as the Pats and Bengals, since they have young franchise QBs already)

History indicates that Rodgers doesn't have that great of a chance in successfully taking the throne after Favre leaves, so I'd have gotten another QB to protect myself.

Since I'm TT, and my future is riding on Rodgers working out, I'd have taken Quinn to give me another couple of years or two at the helm in case Rodgers was a bust.

Oh, and Quinn's girl looked somewhat hot, so that doesn't hurt either. :lol:

i dont think TTs future has a whole lot to do with Rodgers working out.
Brett Favre was in limbo, and we needed a QB eventually. when Rodgers fell to 24... we had no choice but to take a guy who was ranked as one of the best QBs that year. If we would have traded up to get him or gone out of our way, then yes it would be on TT. but since he fell in our laps no.

Being one of the best in a draft class hardly makes you one of the best in the league. And who are we comparing him to? Alex Smith? Decent, could do well this year, nothing special. Jason Campbell? Has barely played, and has still seen more action than one of the best QB's in that draft. Oh, and that's Rodgers for those of you who missed it.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I think Yercell raises a good point.

Regradless, IF I WAS TT, then I'd have taken Quinn, if (and only if) Favre had retired before the draft.

I'm a firm believer in the philosophy that if you have the chance to draft a potential 'franchise' QB, you do it. (Obviously, there are exceptions to the rule such as the Pats and Bengals, since they have young franchise QBs already)

History indicates that Rodgers doesn't have that great of a chance in successfully taking the throne after Favre leaves, so I'd have gotten another QB to protect myself.

Since I'm TT, and my future is riding on Rodgers working out, I'd have taken Quinn to give me another couple of years or two at the helm in case Rodgers was a bust.

Oh, and Quinn's girl looked somewhat hot, so that doesn't hurt either. :lol:

i dont think TTs future has a whole lot to do with Rodgers working out.
Brett Favre was in limbo, and we needed a QB eventually. when Rodgers fell to 24... we had no choice but to take a guy who was ranked as one of the best QBs that year. If we would have traded up to get him or gone out of our way, then yes it would be on TT. but since he fell in our laps no.

Thats absurd. TT could haves passed on him like all the other 20 some teams did.

You can put this on Favre indecisiveness but if TT needed a decision in order to know how to draft than perhaps he should have told Brett 'We need to know".

Rodgers is on TT, sorry

Members online

Latest posts