How would everyone feel about this trade

OhioNative

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The packers trade the #5 pick in the draft, next years 2nd round draft choice and Carroll to the Texans and receive there #1 draft choice. The packers then draft Reggie Bush. :?:

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No deal. RB is one of the most easily filled positions in the league, and in reality, a team can do more investing in a badass defense combined with a decent running game. Remember, we won the SB with Bennett and Levens...serviceable but hardly historic RBs.

While he is surely going to be a nice player, the blueprint has been around for a long time, and it still holds up. How many big time offenses (Manning's Colts; Fouts' Chargers; The Raidahs; the Queens; the 1980's
Packers) failed when it mattered because they didn't have the defense to keep their high-octane offense in games.

Mario or AJ or trade down for a bounty.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we would be giving up a awful lot. i wouldnt like it. any guys in the top 10 of this years draft could of been the #1 pick of other drafts. pick 5 is way to good to give up our pick,next years 2nd pick and a former first round pick who is still very young

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No deal. We have a lot greater needs than RB and our OL needs improvement before we can establish a running game. Don't give up on Carroll yet.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Houston's biggest need is an offensive line, so we aren't giving them anything they need.

We definately can't afford to give up any of our proven linemen...aka Clifton and Tauscher.

I hope if there is any trading down, we are the team doing it.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is somewhat like a rumor that is really floating out there at the combine. It has the Pack and Texans swapping the #5 for #1 pick in the first, with the Pack throwing in Fergy and Roman along with a 2nd from next season's draft.

I think Bush is special, but believe Mario is too. I am hoping Young's proported fall has not screwed up the Packs ability to grap Mario at #5.

I would pursue the Roman and Fergy angles with the Texans for later draft picks. Ferguson could use the fresh start and it may be one of those moves that benefits everyone.

On the Roman end of things -- he played much better in 2005 than many fans want to give him credit for:

74 tackles and 31 assisted tackles - 5 tackles for a loss - 4 QB pressures - 2 fumble recoveries - 2 Int's

Which far outperformed his rookie counterpart. But I believe his fate was sealed when M.M. made the ****** rehire of Shotty as DB coach. Roman complained about his disorganization and lack of structure and guidance as a coach who could not seem to make up his mind in Slowik's system during and after his firing. I don't see the two as being compatable -- especially since IMO Shottenheimer lacks the character to be able to resolve past differences.

The Texans are not the only team that has expressed interest in Roman -- both the Cowboys and Saints are reported to be willing to discuss a trade also.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
Houston's biggest need is an offensive line, so we aren't giving them anything they need.

We definately can't afford to give up any of our proven linemen...aka Clifton and Tauscher.

I hope if there is any trading down, we are the team doing it.

Yes it is, and by trading down they pick up d’Brickashaw Ferguson. Oh it give the Texan's exactly what they need.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
like ahmad carroll or not, he's all we have under al harris

Maybe we sign a CB, draft a CB, maybe both, but trading carroll would not be smart--plus, "dont give up on him yet"

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
OhioNative said:
The packers trade the #5 pick in the draft, next years 2nd round draft choice and Carroll to the Texans and receive there #1 draft choice. The packers then draft Reggie Bush. :?:

I don't think we need a third down RB who can double as a KR/PR threat.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
This is somewhat like a rumor that is really floating out there at the combine. It has the Pack and Texans swapping the #5 for #1 pick in the first, with the Pack throwing in Fergy and Roman along with a 2nd from next season's draft.

I think Bush is special, but believe Mario is too. I am hoping Young's proported fall has not screwed up the Packs ability to grap Mario at #5.

I would pursue the Roman and Fergy angles with the Texans for later draft picks. Ferguson could use the fresh start and it may be one of those moves that benefits everyone.

On the Roman end of things -- he played much better in 2005 than many fans want to give him credit for:

74 tackles and 31 assisted tackles - 5 tackles for a loss - 4 QB pressures - 2 fumble recoveries - 2 Int's

Which far outperformed his rookie counterpart. But I believe his fate was sealed when M.M. made the ****** rehire of Shotty as DB coach. Roman complained about his disorganization and lack of structure and guidance as a coach who could not seem to make up his mind in Slowik's system during and after his firing. I don't see the two as being compatable -- especially since IMO Shottenheimer lacks the character to be able to resolve past differences.

The Texans are not the only team that has expressed interest in Roman -- both the Cowboys and Saints are reported to be willing to discuss a trade also.

can u tell me where your getting this from. i sure hope the packers dont give up all that because thats crap. i dont care about giving up fergy but i dont like giving up 2 players, a 2nd round pick and a 5th pick for just one pick.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce: Roman did have a good year. I noticed that. I didn't know he was still under contract with the Packers, though.

I have no idea why McCarthy hired Kurt Schottenheimer. That was a disturbing assistant coaching hire, in my opinion.

Ferguson would indeed be a player who might be better off with another team.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would normally say no way, but Reggie Bush is one of thse players that you make exceptions for. Will never happen. RB's NFL career is shorter then most positions though.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way jose Not worth it we dont really need a RB and defense builds championships so lets get a defensive guy

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Not trying to discredit you Bruce but where are your sources? I would like to get the info from the horses mouth.
Thanks in advance.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need help at both OLB positions, OG, Saftey, and at least depth at DL, CB, and WR.
This may look like a terrible situation but making the right moves it is more acheivable than you might think. A move like this, however, would be putting our heads in the sand in improving positions we cannot ignore.

Just the money it would take to sign the guy throws several other moves out the window.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Not trying to discredit you Bruce but where are your sources? I would like to get the info from the horses mouth.
Thanks in advance.

I don't feel discredited by your questions or request.

I was sharing a rumor that is floating around at the combine. That is all it is at this point -- and I do not think it would be a good trade or that it will come to pass. Reggie Bush, who has been interviewed by the Packers, reportedly has heard the rumor and has said he believes the Packers may make a move for him.

Lots of talk flys around and teams gauge each others' interest all of the time at the combine, most often without serious offers ever coming together.

I simply shared this because it was not so far off from something that was proposed at the start of this thread.

For now you will have to accept me as the horse's mouth -- though I am sure some might call me something closer to the opening on opposite side of said horse :wink:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Bruce said:
Zero2Cool said:
Thanks in advance.

I don't feel discredited by your questions or request.

I was sharing a rumor that is floating around at the combine. That is all it is at this point -- and I do not think it would be a good trade or that it will come to pass. Reggie Bush, who has been interviewed by the Packers, reportedly has heard the rumor and has said he believes the Packers may make a move for him.

Lots of talk flys around and teams gauge each others' interest all of the time at the combine, most often without serious offers ever coming together.

I simply shared this because it was not so far off from something that was proposed at the start of this thread.

For now you will have to accept me as the horse's mouth -- though I am sure some might call me something closer to the opening on opposite side of said horse :wink:

Thanks for not getting offended lol ... I get bored at work so the more links I can check out the better! hah

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bush has emphatically stated he doesn't want to play in GB. Why would you want to draft such a guy, giving much in return, and blowing other draft picks when the Packers have so many needs. Bad idea!

One guy isn't going to turn this club around. Anyway, most Packer fans have had enough of throwing draft picks away when Sherman was playing Johnny Appleseed!

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BACKIN-PACKIN said:
Bush has emphatically stated he doesn't want to play in GB. Why would you want to draft such a guy, giving much in return, and blowing other draft picks when the Packers have so many needs. Bad idea!

One guy isn't going to turn this club around. Anyway, most Packer fans have had enough of throwing draft picks away when Sherman was playing Johnny Appleseed!

That is just plain false -- Bush has not emphatically stated he does not want to play in Green Bay.

I don't favor the trade, but don't need to make up stuff to support my position.

Why don't you provide a link where he "emphatically stated he doesn't want to play in GB?"

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BACKIN-PACKIN said:

Never happened.....but it sounds good AND you were able to throw in an unsolicited rip at Sherman. You are going to fit in quite well here!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts