How should the Packers treat Javon?

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Assuming Javon is out for the year and he wants his contract redone, how do the Packers deal with him?

On one hand, he came into camp, all be it late. On the other hand, he has a serious injury that could effect his play. How do they balance the loyalty with the injury in the new contract?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
it's "albeit"

Albeit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Even though; although; notwithstanding.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stay the course. He plays out his contract in his final year. During that year we renegotiate.

We HAVE TO consider the progress of his injury in negotiations. It would be stupid not to. If he is properly progressing and we want to sign him to an extension, then we should do so.

Business is Business, on both ends.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a tough question - Javon made comment that he plans on pulling a (SuperBowl) T.O.

Certainly, I wish for a speedy recovery - but this particular injury takes time to heal, period.
I'm no expert, but I understand they have used, or used to use, carbon fiber to allow the musculature to regrow along that carbon thread.. and as the healing process ensues, then the carbon fiber eventually dissolves leaving the tendon, ligament, and muscle all intact, as originally grown (hopefully), without the need to remove stitching.... 'Course, tactics may have changed by now - who knows.

Point is - the Packers (meaning The Terminator) will handle Walker as situation on the Team demands.
Currently? Koren got resigned by the Vikings - probably just to keep us from getting our hands on him (and that's all) Pending we do replace him with someone off waivers.. and what happens throughout the Season (???) Will he be let go pending we have found viable personnel? Good question!

Will Terrence Murphy step up - or get re-injured?
Will Fergie finally step up - especially after lasik surgery?
Double D was "da Man" before he got bounced on his head in 2003.
Now's his chance to retake his former position and run with it into the history books...

I still wish we'd kept one other WR or at least thought about keeping, or getting, another TE.
Did you guys read the article about Fergie being pulled from Special Teams (finally)...?

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he can pull a TO. He is on injured reserve which means he is done for the year. I am not sure if it means playoffs too, but he is out for the rest of the regular season for sure.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Physically he may be back at the end but mentally to come back from that and have confidence in the knee will take even more time. I feel for Javon but we need to be smart about it. We can't pay if they don't play. Too many times this team had paid out big bucks for potential. We're now potentially capped.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I love my Packers but I think a SB is out of reach.

I hope they give Javon a new contract with incentives based on performance. He is a very talented WR and the Packers need him around. I don't know if that contradicts what I said in the past and I belive it does. But after seeing him in uniform and now gone, I miss having him there.

OP
OP
P

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
I love my Packers but I think a SB is out of reach.

I hope they give Javon a new contract with incentives based on performance. He is a very talented WR and the Packers need him around. I don't know if that contradicts what I said in the past and I belive it does. But after seeing him in uniform and now gone, I miss having him there.

That would seem like a fair way to do it. I think the team is ready to reward his loyalty coming into camp with a resonable signing bonus while protecting them selves by using incentives.

I'm not looking forward to the Pack having to deal with Rottenlouse on this. He'll probably assume Javon had a Pro Bowl year.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would wait two months to see how the surgery and rehab go and if it appears to be going well offer him the same contract we did earlier, which was fair.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not thinking that far ahead just yet.

I am going to pray that he will be able to recover and not lose an ounce of his talent. He deserves that at least from me.

Then I shall wish him well if things do not work out in Green Bay. As long of course he does not sign with the Vikes, Lions, Bears, Broncos, Chiefs, or that hell hole of an organization (Denver) who stole a Super Bowl from the Packers by cheating on the cap rule and got a slap on the hand for it.

I dislike the Broncos with passion!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you mean, how should the Packers treat Javon? He's an injured player and will have surgery. They will do what they would do with any other player, they will help him rehab, they'll be in his corner, they will support him, and if he can come back and be the player we all hope he can be, they'll pay the guy a lot of money. They're not going to dump him. They will treat him as the professional he is.

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's doubtfull the Packers will rework his contract before they see him play next year and that may present a problem for Javon. As calicheese mentioned, Javon will be physically back on the field next year, but it will take him most of the year to be mentally comfortable with playing on the injured leg. I'm afraid that if he feels he's playing for a contract, he may try and push the limits of what he can do and potentially get injured again.

OP
OP
P

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
I would wait two months to see how the surgery and rehab go and if it appears to be going well offer him the same contract we did earlier, which was fair.

We did not offer him any contract earlier, in fact we would not even negotiate, to my knowledge.

OP
OP
P

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NCPackerfan said:
It's doubtfull the Packers will rework his contract before they see him play next year and that may present a problem for Javon. As calicheese mentioned, Javon will be physically back on the field next year, but it will take him most of the year to be mentally comfortable with playing on the injured leg. I'm afraid that if he feels he's playing for a contract, he may try and push the limits of what he can do and potentially get injured again.

He will also be a free agent after next year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts