How much do you have invested as a fan?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm just curious how much people have vested, money wise, in the Packers. We all talk about million dollar contracts, cap savings, etc. but how much of our money do we have "in the game"?

Personally, I'm frugal. I have been to maybe 10 Packer games over the years, purchased 8 or so jerseys (all second hand) and an assortment of hats and t-shirts. I don't count my Satellite bill, since I would have that with or without football.

Obviously, the "side cost" of watching televised football are the commercials and what products they have prompted us to buy. I have been watching games delayed for a long time, so I never see commercials. :)

I'm going to take a stab at it and say I have around $1000 "invested" in Packer football over 40 years. Would hate to think of how many hours though. :D

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have so much invested lol emotionally really...I get so mad but I do enjoy going to the games when I can I live in Duluth MN married my wife who is a Vikings fan and She tells me to relax all the time she is like just like ur qb relax haha she said it’s there time I said they will choke

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also don’t like to buy jerseys because most of the players are younger than me so I feel weird a little kick in myself for never having the Brett Favre jersey when he played although I do own one now

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So that said In games and including purchases probly about 2400$ into them that probly bought Aaron Rodgers bottle of wine on a Tuesday night...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More time than anything. I've purchased 1 jersey in my life and that was a Woodson Jersey. the other 1 was a gift from my brother. I think I have 453,956 Packer Tshirts, but I have no idea where they came from. If i'm in a tshirt, there's a good chance it has a G on it somewhere. We try and get to a game a year or so in the past 20 years. Some years more, some years not at all.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I also don’t like to buy jerseys because most of the players are younger than me so I feel weird a little kick in myself for never having the Brett Favre jersey when he played although I do own one now

I own 4 Favre Jerseys; Packers (home and away), Jets and Vikings. I still want to add a Falcons Favre jersey, but they just keep going up in price on E-bay. The Vikings one was a gift and I take the most flack when I wear that one.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
At one time I was going to at least two games a seasons plus NFC Champ game in 2015. I like the sideline seats about 20 rows up at Lambeau which are expensive when I can't get them from family. Of Course there is airfare expenses and hotel when I don't stay with family in Marinette. I usually stay in Appleton because of the drive.

Last season I just went to family night which we drove to that from KC and Seahawks opener which we flied too. I had tickets to go see Heinz field for our game this year but sold them and ended up going on cruise due to Rodgers injury and way season was going.

I probably have an entire closet of just Packer apparel and jerseys. Countless other Packers items and memorabilia. Every relationship I have been into up until my marriage has required a sit down so I can explain my Love for the Packers and gain some understanding before moving forward.

Lastly the emotional ******* which started when I was just a little kid watching my late grandfather yell at the tv screen as I sat on his lap which grew to Lynn ****ey being my childhood hero. I've lived in several states and cities since growing up but no matter where I've gone it's always been "all in" on the Green and Gold. Latley I find myself preparing for letting go of what has been such a big part of my life. I wanted to go to the NFL draft this year but refuse to if Thompson is going to be the one still calling the shots. In fact I might be done with the whole thing here soon.

Last edited:

Jed12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being from England and following the Pack is tough, especially with the cost of shipping the good quality merchandise over from the US, not the BS sold on NFL shop Europe!

I own 4 jerseys 2 Rodgers, Matthews and Nelson which are all “elite” and shipped from the pro shop. I unfortunately haven’t had the funds to make it over for a game yet but that’s next and lord help my bank account when that weekend rolls around!

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't spend any of my own money for support of the team, but years ago I talked Mom (the buyer of phone/cable/Internet services) into getting DirecTV just for the NFL Sunday Ticket package. At the time I lived in central Ohio - Bungles and Clowns territory. I can't have a satellite here because of HOA rules (they emphasize uniform apperance on the outside), so that no longer applies.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't spend any of my own money for support of the team, but years ago I talked Mom (the buyer of phone/cable/Internet services) into getting DirecTV just for the NFL Sunday Ticket package. At the time I lived in central Ohio - Bungles and Clowns territory. I can't have a satellite here because of HOA rules (they emphasize uniform apperance on the outside), so that no longer applies.
I was under the impression from another board I inhabit that HOA and local zoning rules cannot block satellite receivers except in historical areas. No matter what the rules state, fairly high level federal courts have shot them down.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1 bowel resection, 1 bleeding ulcer, 1 valve replacement, 1 triple bypass, 1 boxer’s fracture, and a whole lot of vomiting. And that was just for 7 weeks this year...

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was under the impression from another board I inhabit that HOA and local zoning rules cannot block satellite receivers except in historical areas. No matter what the rules state, fairly high level federal courts have shot them down.

I believe Poppa is correct. To go further, now in Wisconsin, local municipalities are even having a hard time stopping cell phone towers, even the big ones. All a cell phone company has to do is find a willing land owner to rent land, prove a need for the signal in the area and that if it won't be a safety issue, if the tower collapses.