how does stock sale work?

cupacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can anyone let me know how a stock sale would work if it does happen? how much would a share be? who can buy one? only 8 years old when the last one happened so have no idea at all lol

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well as I understand it there are basically two sets of stockholders. There are the initial stockholders(there were four of these initial offerings) and those of us that bought stock when it was offered basically to improve the stadium. There are like 50 of the first stockholders(let's give special homage to them because they kept the Packers afloat) and approximately 105,000 for the rest of us in 1997. The determination of another stock sale will be determined by the Board of Directors which consists of 7 members.

I'm proud of my one share.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well as I understand it there are basically two sets of stockholders. There are the initial stockholders and those of us that bought stock when it was offered basically to improve the stadium. There are like 100 of the first stockholders and 105,000 for the rest of us in 1997. The determination of another stock sale will be determined by the Board of Directors.

I'm proud of my one share.
If/When they open up shares again I will be buying one no matter what I have to do lol. Always been something Ive wanted.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If/When they open up shares again I will be buying one no matter what I have to do lol. Always been something Ive wanted.
I didn't have two dimes to rub together when I bought mine but best decision I've ever made other than my wife. Doesn't ever pay a dividend but who else can say they are a part owner? The Packers are unique and that makes them special.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I paid $200 for the share I have. Once again the share price would be determined by the Board of Directors.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Ok, how it worked the last time is they advertised it. You called in for a Package. Once you got the package you filled out some paperwork and mailed it back with your money. They then sent you your stock certificate. I had my paperwork all filled out but had to use my money for bills, otherwise I would have 2 shares.

(Just the thought of a Viking fan owning stock in the Packers would annoy the hell out of some Packer fans.)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, how it worked the last time is they advertised it. You called in for a Package. Once you got the package you filled out some paperwork and mailed it back with your money. They then sent you your stock certificate. I had my paperwork all filled out but had to use my money for bills, otherwise I would have 2 shares.

(Just the thought of a Viking fan owning stock in the Packers would annoy the hell out of some Packer fans.)

Hell no...You PAID to help out a REAL team :)