How do fans of losing teams do it?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
My favorite player was John Brockington. He was pretty much our offense then. First player to gain 1000 yards as a rb his first three years. After that though, he broke down and only lasted a couple of more years. When ever we played backyard football I wore his jersey. We didn't have another 1000 yard RB until Terdell Middleton in I believe 78.

Unlike the last few years when we didn't have 1000 yard RB's ( Lacy excepted) we didn't have a QB either.
:tup:

I was just thinking about him as I was reading the thread and came upon your post! Brockington was a beast and I was thinking, "there were some positives out of those years".

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Chosen in 1999 by ESPN as the Greatest Game in the History of MNF.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
The only Packers game I’ve ever attended at Lambeau Field. Everyone thought that the team with the ball last would win. Not so fast, Redskins had the ball last and Mark Moseley missed the field goal to break his string of 23 in a row. Great game!

Reaction score
The only Packers game I’ve ever attended at Lambeau Field. Everyone thought that the team with the ball last would win. Not so fast, Redskins had the ball last and Mark Moseley missed the field goal to break his string of 23 in a row. Great game!
I remember watching that game at home. Wow a blast from the past. I forgot how good Mike Douglass was.
Thank You for sharing :tup:

Tottenham Raven

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being a fan of a losing team sucks, but makes winning it all that much more special. The Ravens were pretty bad for a few years, but that first trophy felt sooooo good.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chosen in 1999 by ESPN as the Greatest Game in the History of MNF.
Ah yes.
Back before the cable cam.
The lines marking first downs and field goal to get to and the play clock graphic on the field.
When the score was shown only during commercial breaks and there were no graphics during the game except a flash of the down and yards.
And when OJ Simpson could still get a broadcasting job!