How Are You Watching Games This Season?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I work second shift so the two prime time games were DVR'd after I heard Jim & Max call them on the shop radio. (OK Wayne & Larry but in my mind they don't sound "right.") I watched the other two like normal as I was off. This week and next I am Covid quarantined so I'll be able to see them live.
U good?

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always been bummed out that the NFL ran radio broadcasts off the air. It used to be easy to find an am station with games on. And I was brought up with it so I actually like listening to games on the radio. It is just so damn petty imho. I mean how much revenue were they losing from that? Or probably it was the damn TV stations.

One theory off the top of my head is the cable deal. It's well known that it hasn't gone the way ESPN and the others wanted, but it is safe to assume that when it started they tried to guard their market by getting the league to block everybody else as they looked forward to profit from their exclusive rights.

Meanwhile, the words streaming and P2P entered the fans' vocabulary as monthly cable bills rose (thanks to regulations which stifled competition) and online services multiplied to fill obvious and growing market needs at prices well below cable and sunday ticket.

Everybody was following a "get while the getting's good" strategy and failed to build a good quality, reasonably priced multi-media offering.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

you do know Scotsmen are known as being frugal with money yeah? otherwise known as tight-******. also copper wire was invented by two scotsmen fighting over a one pennny coin.

I have used the gamepass free trial on occasion, and it does look like it's actually very good value for money, but I only really watch packers games, so I would like a smaller sub for watching one team option.

I'm not sure what subscription services are like in Austria, but if I paid for all that I would like it would cost me well over £200/month

Gamepass was a total waste of money. As Green Bay have been successful over the years, half the time the games were blacked out anyway.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not sure what subscription services are like in Austria, but if I paid for all that I would like it would cost me well over £200/month

I can watch all games over the NFL game pass in Austria as there are no blackout restrictions here. It costs me €160 for the season.

D

Deleted member 6794

Gamepass is comparable in the uk£140/season iirc, but I'm meaning all subscriptions if you include sports tv packages/netflix/prime...etc

Well, I have subscribed to Sky, DAZN, Netflix and Amazon Prime which is a combined 60 euros a month here.

roughrider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Canadian Packer fan here. A recent birthday gift to me of a Smart TV combined with a DAZN subscription and I am set for the long winter ahead. Tough game today, they'll come back.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

A Canadian Packer fan here. A recent birthday gift to me of a Smart TV combined with a DAZN subscription and I am set for the long winter ahead. Tough game today, they'll come back.

What part of Canada can I ask ?

Albert Park

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gamepass was a total waste of money. As Green Bay have been successful over the years, half the time the games were blacked out anyway.

as we’re not on Sky this weekend I’ve taken advantage of 50% off a weekly sub to Gamepass. So I can put my feet up and start watching it when I’m ready. I did notice it’s only £107.99 for the rest of the season.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone getting together with friends / mates (Buggy) to watch the playoff game in two weeks? Things are getting better Covid-wise in Minnesota. This was about to be the first time in 25 years that my core Packers group wasn't going to watch or attend a game together. No more. Everyone agreed that we'll mask up and watch the game in two weeks. I figure that it'll be safer to all look the same direction at the tv than if one of us is chatting through masks with the Menards checkout clerk.

Anyone else planning to get together safely with friends/family for the playoffs?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you’re in an open garage with masks on fine. if you’re in somebody’s house watching the game you might as well take them off because they’re going to offer protection for like 20 minutes.

after three hours it’s not gonna matter if you’re wearing one or not unless you’re double masked and one is the respirator variety as well.

not trying to P on anybody’s Wheaties just want to make sure that if you’re trying to be safe it’s going to take more.

That said we’ve had some small gatherings with friends and family for games no specific plans for the playoff game but if we get some more snow I imagine I’ll head over to one of my friends houses with the snow mobiles to do some riding with the kids smoke up some pork and then eat and watch the game.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like this

Attachments

• D7113B75-D6E2-45B5-9CD8-07E7D209B081.jpeg
    D7113B75-D6E2-45B5-9CD8-07E7D209B081.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 107

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts