How Are You Watching Games This Season?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I probably watch 75% of the games solo, but usually kick off the season by watching with my crew of Packers friends. It's the same group that I typically go to Lambeau with at least once per season. It's tough this year with everyone generally needing to stay distant.

I watched the Saints game at a bar near the Canadian border in northern MN. I sat at the end of the bar within earshot of loud Vikings fans, who left at half time because they couldn't handle seeing the Packers do well. Otherwise I've watched all the games by myself in my basement.

How have your watching methods changed, if any this season?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i usually hit up a game or 3 in person, but otherwise it's mostly all at home by myself. We have small kids at home, so unless it's a big game or special reason with friends coming to town, I'd rather be at home anyway so that part hasn't changed really.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
.No change really. Games on local TV, I watch at home. Otherwise at my favorite pub with a group of friends and packer fans.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not.

Catch some highlights on the Twitter, but otherwise, I’m not watching this year.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our apartment has a screening room which is usually empty on Sunday's. Just 3 or 4 fans of various teams gather to watch some games.

Still not risking a visit to the pub!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I'm not working I'll catch it on my phone via verizon streaming which usually means the first half is fine but by the 4th quarter there are more lags than the Rockettes.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I listen to Tom Grossi's play by play when he streams the game.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
If it isn't too complicated...how do you do that? Thanx
[moderating] Do me a favor and don't ask this again in an open forum.
From the rules "Site that Stream NFL Games:
We do NOT under any circumstance allow people to post links to streaming NFL games. Furthermore, we do not offer ANY form of advertising to sites that stream content. As with all serious offenses, you will get banned immediately if you create a thread or post with links to these types of sites in your signature or within the content of your created thread/post. If you are trying to find places that WILL be showing the Packer games, you can check out the following site: http://www.packerseverywhere.com/"[/moderating]

You might want to edit your post

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had no idea it is illegal. Heck, I don't know how to do that stuff. I'm at home sick for a couple weeks (Mexico) and I hope the game is on tv. I don't mind that it is in spanish. Would prefer english as I hate that the camera people don't keep the camera on the players backs long enough for me to catch the names most of the time.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had no idea it is illegal. Heck, I don't know how to do that stuff. I'm at home sick for a couple weeks (Mexico) and I hope the game is on tv. I don't mind that it is in spanish. Would prefer english as I hate that the camera people don't keep the camera on the players backs long enough for me to catch the names most of the time.

color commentary in spanish is an absolute riot :laugh:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
color commentary in spanish is an absolute riot :laugh:
To be honest, I can speak better than I can understand. And so it is tough for me just to try and glean names. But they sometimes get totally excited in the strangest circumstances. I have to admit...they are fans.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But they sometimes get totally excited in the strangest circumstances. I have to admit...they are fans.
Then you haven't listened to Paul Allen, the Vikings rube that calls their games. He screams in excitement when the other team does something good. The only saving grace is how angry, and therefore quiet, he gets when the Vikings lose. It's like listening to a 14yr old go through puberty while calling a football game. Too bad he doesn't speak español too.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If you.meant you didnt know it was illegal HERE,. Might be a good time to re read the rules

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not much in the way of options over here. Sky sports show two games on sundays and the SNF MNF games. So far they've only shown our SNF & MNF games. I may or may not have an IPTV service of dubious legality that i use other times

D

Deleted member 6794

not much in the way of options over here. Sky sports show two games on sundays and the SNF MNF games. So far they've only shown our SNF & MNF games. I may or may not have an IPTV service of dubious legality that i use other times

NFL Game Pass is available in the UK as well. Two games shown on regional broadcasters are blacked out each Sunday.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL Game Pass is available in the UK as well. Two games shown on regional broadcasters are blacked out each Sunday.
you do know Scotsmen are known as being frugal with money yeah? otherwise known as tight-******. also copper wire was invented by two scotsmen fighting over a one pennny coin.

I have used the gamepass free trial on occasion, and it does look like it's actually very good value for money, but I only really watch packers games, so I would like a smaller sub for watching one team option.

I'm not sure what subscription services are like in Austria, but if I paid for all that I would like it would cost me well over £200/month

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I wonder what the reasoning is on this. Why black out two more or less random games? it's not like the guy in Glascow is going to fly over to buy a ticket when the Bengals-Redskins is blacked out.

For years I've been shaking my head over the league's slow to non-existent move to streaming options. Granted they're robbing ESPN blind, but online would be added revenue and clear profit. This money is now going to pirates; wouldn't it be best if the league just ran them out of business?

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder what the reasoning is on this. Why black out two more or less random games? it's not like the guy in Glascow is going to fly over to buy a ticket when the Bengals-Redskins is blacked out.

For years I've been shaking my head over the league's slow to non-existent move to streaming options. Granted they're robbing ESPN blind, but online would be added revenue and clear profit. This money is now going to pirates; wouldn't it be best if the league just ran them out of business?
those blacked out games will be the ones shown live on Sky sports UK, which is a subscription service, so that we have to pay Sky to watch them

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I work second shift so the two prime time games were DVR'd after I heard Jim & Max call them on the shop radio. (OK Wayne & Larry but in my mind they don't sound "right.") I watched the other two like normal as I was off. This week and next I am Covid quarantined so I'll be able to see them live.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have always been bummed out that the NFL ran radio broadcasts off the air. It used to be easy to find an am station with games on. And I was brought up with it so I actually like listening to games on the radio. It is just so damn petty imho. I mean how much revenue were they losing from that? Or probably it was the damn TV stations.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts