Here's why we have a shot....

FiercePierce6

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there's a defense in the NFC this year that can stop the Pats, it's the packers. We are first in the NFL in points allowed (14.5 pts allowed PG)

Obviously we have a lot of injuries with Cullen Jenkins being the newest victim of the Pack Grim Reaper. But we've filled holes well so far this season, who's to say we can't again?

If, and only If Rodgers plays I believe whole heartedly that we can go to Foxboro and beat the Patriots. Our offense can pass all over their young secondary. Run...well now that could be a different story. If our Oline can do what it has done for the majority of the season (block reasonably well) Starks and Jackson should find some holes. And OBVIOUSLY we NEED to PROTECT Rodgers.

The thing that worries me, and every other fan in the league when playing the Patriots is Tom Brady. He can sling it with the best of them. But so can Rodgers, honestly if A-rod shows up on his A game like he almost always does on national Television, Rodgers will offset Brady.

Rodgers(on A game and healthy) = Brady
Our D > Their D
Our receiving corps > thier receiving corps
Our running game < their running game
Our play calling < their play calling

The Pack D stops the run, with a few exceptions this season, obviously this past week being one of them. But if you look at those equations, we should win. And our play calling must be top notch.

Keep the faith, we are still a great football squad with something to prove this week. I am saying we are going to win? No. I am saying we are going to lose? No. I'm saying we have as good a shot at them as anybody. (with A-rod)

The Pats are due for a loss.

:chisux:

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If A-rod can't play this week and Flynn is in think we still can win,the front has to step up and protect the q.b I know Flynn made a bad throw in the end zone that cost us,but he is a good q.b he has a good arm,and he has been here awhile the d-line they will have their hands full they like to run the ball untill they get down into our territory then they will pass Trmon should have a good day,think they can win with who we have.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
You guys, come on! There will be no A-Rod this week. Itll be Brady Vs Flynn...
His 2nd concussion within 2 months, the NFL probably wont even let him look at a football until next Wednesday.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like the optimism.

Not sure I agree with your math; and I would throw this into the equation also: MM<<BB. MM will get better, but at this point in their careers . . .
AR can be = TB, but that hasn't been the case lately
Packer Desperation >>> Patriot Pride

As usual, we will play a close and competitive game. I can't remember the last game where I thought the Packers looked outmatched. This game will be decided in the final minutes and could go either way. I look for the Packers to come out highly motivated and surprise some people who are starting to write us off.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love your spirit! Unfortunately I have to agree there will be no Rodgers this weekend. Unless Flynn can pull a Kitna or Vick out of his *** our O Line is not going to be all that great, but we can't rule anything out. Flynn may just prove to be a dark horse. What is going to keep us in this game is our D. I agree with you there very much, if ever there was an answer to that machine of an offense it's the Packers D. I have a funny feeling they will keep Brady in check and at least give Flynn a chance to work some mojo.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our o-line has the ability but doesn't play to their capabilities week in and out. That's coaching imo.

If coaching's not the thing, how did Capers turn around the defense?

We better control the line of scrimmage this week if we're going to be in the game.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without Rodgers we will take it up the butt. We would need a running game and some nice ints to say otherwise

I wish the ESPN analysts would use your break down of the game...

Stuart Scott "Today the Packers straight up took it in the fanny. Tom Brady and the Pats beat up some keister in Foxboro"

There is some quality game analysis

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget... Pats just clinched a playoff birth with a bunch of young players. They are not veterans who know how to play till the end. It is not out of the question that they come out flat.

As for us... we have EVERYTHING to lose. We will play lights out. We will give Brady pressure.

Also, I think we can agree that Flynn > Kitna. And Kitna hasn't been doing too bad after getting 1st string reps. Lets see how Flynn pans out. For gods sakes... he was thrown into the lions den.

narmer2000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be thinking about who is backing up Flynn this weekend and getting them warmed up. He takes another shot like he did in Detroit he'll be sitting on the sideline too.

aristotle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is no Tom Brady.........Not even close.......and no one is more consistant than Wes Welker....we have great weapons....but our biggest flaw right now is McCarthy's play calling. That last drive against the Lion's was poor. 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 with plenty of time he threw long passes instead of just getting the 1st down. Need a new play caller in 2011.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is no Tom Brady.........Not even close.......and no one is more consistant than Wes Welker....we have great weapons....but our biggest flaw right now is McCarthy's play calling. That last drive against the Lion's was poor. 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 with plenty of time he threw long passes instead of just getting the 1st down. Need a new play caller in 2011.

we def need someone who has experience and is good with playcalling

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you are vastly under rating their offense.

They put up 45 points on a team we put 9 points up on.

they managed to pick apart the Bears for 36 points, IN THE SNOW...

the Patriots are good. they are a whole other beast that we have yet to face this season. i dont think we can compare any other game we've played to what this one might be like.

the Patriots are hitting their stride at the right time, we on the other hand clearly still have work to do.

i dont think we get blown out. but i dont see a single scenario where we walk out of Foxboro with a win. MAYBE if this game was in GB we could squeak one out. This game has Loss all over it, and it wouldnt have been as big a deal if we hadnt lost to the damn Lions...

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I go into every game thinking the Packers have a chance to win. It never enters my mind that they have no chance. This game is no different and the Pats win last week only helps our cause.
Many scouts have said Flynn is the best backup in the league. We run a very precise offense where timing is everything with the receivers. His 4th down throw misjudged Jennings speed, they'll work on that. They'll work all week with him getting a rhythm with the receivers. Let's see if the scouts are right, it's what they do for a living right?
College being replaced with Lang can only help, and New England doesn't come close to what Detroit has on the D-line. Enter running game. I still think we have a great back in Starks, Barry Sanders would have had a bad day as our running back Sunday. There were defenders all over the backfield all day.
Jenkins may be out the season, but if you can't have Neal, who's also a great pass rusher, you can't help but feel okay about CJ Wilson being in there, that's also his specialty.
I'm real, real worried about not having Zombo on the edge, Detroit exposed our weakness against edge rushing, if we don't seal the corners anybody can run on us. Who knows, whoever plays might be very good at that.
Pats like to throw the short routes, I can see CWood jumping one or two of those. Every successful team has tendencies, they keep at them because they work. A crafty vet like Mr. Woodson can exploit them.
Patriots have 31st ranked passing defense, which amazingly is our strength.
Pats have an unbelievable string of victories at home, streaks are there to be broken, we never beat the Jets at home, Detroit hasn't won a division game in how long? We were one special teams play from beating Atlanta and ending their home streak.
If I'm missing something let me know, I believe we have a very good chance against this team.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
remember when everyone on the forum was ready to crown the Jets the SB champs in the offseason?

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
remember when everyone on the forum was ready to crown the Jets the SB champs in the offseason?

Not me man, I get to see enough AFC East games to know that the Pats will come out on top and the Jets will falter. Mark Sanchez is not for real.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not me man, I get to see enough AFC East games to know that the Pats will come out on top and the Jets will falter. Mark Sanchez is not for real.

I dont remember anyone in particular I just remember the forum for the most part thinking that the Jets would win it all with all the players they got.

Its all about the QB play in the nfl, and the Jets dont have it yet. He might get better but I dont see him being any better than avg his career

Members online

Latest posts