Here we go again - Abbrederis is done

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really attacking a guy for using "us" when referring to the Packers? Fans use "us" or "we" all the time when referring to their team. No big deal.

In no way was adambr2 trying to say he is actually involved with the team.

There are numerous examples in his post history of him referring to the Packers as "we" and "us". He's just got a personal problem with me.

Last edited:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you work in the Packers office?
What, if anything, do you have to do with decisions on who to cut or not?

I bet your one of those types who would say, "We are building a house," when you didn't even lift a hammer to get it done.

You are ridiculous.

I think it's pretty obvious what I was implying and pretty obvious to any reasonable person that I wasn't implying involvement with the Packers FO.

Comes down to nothing more than you being sore about me embarrassing you a few months ago after you when you couldn't understand the concept of Favre not being a free agent being the reason of him not being able to go directly to the Vikings.

You had no reason to respond to my point like that and wouldn't have with anyone else. Nothing more than a spiteful move on your part. There was nothing controversial about my post. I said someone like Janis or White would have a better opportunity to make the team now. I think that's pretty obvious.

D

Deleted member 6794

Also, I'm not sure what we will do with him, but look at how the Patriots just snagged up that injured RB from waivers. Nothing is guaranteed.

The Packers will put Abbrederis on injured reserve, no other team will be able to pick him up.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm fairly certain that door was already open anyway. I haven't seen anything to indicate that Abbrederis had established himself as a prohibitive favorite over Janis to this point.

Abbrederis had some big plays during the first few days of camp while Janis hasn't been able to practice. I think Abby was clearly ahead of him on the depth chart at the time he got injured.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Abbrederis had some big plays during the first few days of camp while Janis hasn't been able to practice. I think Abby was clearly ahead of him on the depth chart at the time he got injured.
I did say "prohibitive favorite." Abbrederis had not established himself as such. For cripes sakes, they haven't even played a lousy preseason game yet.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I wish him a speedy and full recovery!!!

How can some people think that he "is not NFL size"? Look up his body size and compare it to that of M. white who is a current WR for us and had "some" playing time and took some hits last year. There are PLENTY of smaller WR's in the NFL that have made a darn good name for themselves.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
This is becoming a never ending thread over a 5th round pick that even if he made the team wasn't probably going to see the field. I am a big Badger fan and from Wisconsin but if this guy wasn't a Wisconsin guy everyone would of moved on already. Colt Lyerla who yes is UDFA but is a more talented player just got hurt and nobody has even opened up a thread.

Myles White has 4.2-4.3 speed and put on 10 pounds of muscle. He had a hard time last year using his limited size and was really a non-factor when he played.

I don't think anybody is saying Abbrederis isn't a quality prospect. I just think some including myself believe that having a year that will basically be a red-shirt year will only help him to get stronger and better.

Abbrederis will be back "Next Year".

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
This is becoming a never ending thread over a 5th round pick that even if he made the team wasn't probably going to see the field.
You realize you’re complaining about this thread being “never ending” while you continue to post on it, right?

At least you've gone from 'he wasn't going to make the team' to 'he wasn’t going to see the field' in the space of two days. Hey, maybe if you keep responding to this thread you’ll be projecting him into the #3 WR spot by the end of the week.:D And remember it was your assertion he wouldn’t make the team that sparked a lot of the subsequent responses. I hope for the best for all Packers but the difference between Abbrederis and Lyerla in the first week of TC is Abby was doing extremely well and Lyerla was dropping passes. Gary Andersen was on Sidelines recently and said ‘Abbrederis plays faster than he times’. The jsonline said he played bigger and stronger than advertised. Some players look great at the combine and others look great in-game. Abby is the latter. Painting his season-ending injury as some kind of blessing in disguise is just foolish IMO. For example, the Packers are deep at CB, which one would benefit the Packers by suffering a season-ending injury?

He’s done for the season and nothing posted here will change that. Some of us don't see that as a positive.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I never said injuries are good for anyone. I don't want any of our players to get injured. I simply meant Abbrederis's injury doesn't affect our team greatly and a year of adding some strength would help him IMO so I am trying to keep it positive. I also stated that he probably wouldn't see the field which doesn't rule out him not making the team or ending up on the practice squad. Your mincing my words. Yeah he looked good, but he practiced like 3 days in pads. Harper looked great too before the pads came on. For you to imply that I would put Abbrederis as our number three receiver is ridiculous. I don't think he can carry Devante Adams lunch and he is the 4 right now.

I am done talking about Abbrederis until next year.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I also stated that he probably wouldn't see the field which doesn't rule out him not making the team or ending up on the practice squad. Your mincing my words.
I'm not mincing your words: You posted "I think he was on a one way ticket to practice squad."
For you to imply that I would put Abbrederis as our number three receiver is ridiculous.
That was a joke, thus the smilie. And yes, Abby can carry Adams' lunch - and jockstrap. :D

Members online

Latest posts