Why didnt they do that

We suck

Def sucks

Fire pet.

Fire matt.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I got nothing. This speaks for itself.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can we just lock the forum for a few days??

save the fallout

Trust me, I do believe the cool heads will prevail here, and the usual suspects coming out of the woodwork will disappear again.

Today was a tough one to watch for sure though. But our offensive production in the first few weeks was no fluke. We probably also won't face a run stopping defense like that again all season either I don't think.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah, this game plan was seriously flawed on both sides of the ball, were the coaches sleeping? Got to adjust to the blitz, got to adjust when they sit on short out routes. And do not let a statue sit in the pocket. Its not rocket science, it is short sightedness.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah, this game plan was seriously flawed on both sides of the ball, were the coaches sleeping? Got to adjust to the blitz, got to adjust when they sit on short out routes. And do not let a statue sit in the pocket. Its not rocket science, it is short sightedness.

The OL had a terrible day but our RBs didn't pick up the blitz very well either. There is plenty of blame to go around for this debacle. If we see a repeat of this next week then we have a problem. One loss even like this one isn't going to sabotage the season.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I’m slightly relieved we got beat down like this so early in the season. I’m hoping this will refocus/humble/energize the team a bit. I think Texans will incur some wrath.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trust me, I do believe the cool heads will prevail here, and the usual suspects coming out of the woodwork will disappear again.

Today was a tough one to watch for sure though. But our offensive production in the first few weeks was no fluke. We probably also won't face a run stopping defense like that again all season either I don't think.

Until we face tampa in the playoffs. They better put together a better plan for that defense by then

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until we face tampa in the playoffs. They better put together a better plan for that defense by then

Yeah I was just thinking the same thing. Rodgers and Lafleur didn't adjust too well to the physicality of SF last year, and I'd definitely expect Bowles to use a similar game plan for a second meeting.

I think the problem yesterday was getting away from the staples of the new Matt LaFleur offense and reverting back to the old shell McCarthy one. In our first four weeks there was a lot of pre-snap motions, play action misdirections, and especially getting the TEs involved in the short passing game beating their men. We got away from that yesterday and started pressing the issue too much, and I think QB and HC are smart enough to figure that out.

Now the reason I think Pettine and the defense are under greater fire is because as we saw yesterday, defense still is a liability when it comes to stopping the run. Now it is Gute's fault that he did nothing to fix this in this year's draft. BAD!!! But... Unfortunately Pettine's defenses have historically not been good against the run so... hard to think that's going to change suddenly.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers offense failed to prove that they can perform at a high level against a good defense as well. It remains to be seen if that will change over the course of the season.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We haven't lost many games in the MLF era. But it is becoming a bit disturbing how poorly things escalate for us any time we face adversity.

Bad things happen to NFL teams and it is important to remain composed and respond positively. Seemingly any time the tide turns against us, we absolutely crumble. I don't know if this just speaks to poor player leadership, a lack of adjustments, fear, or just a few bad incidences of circumstance, but it happened in San Diego, it happened twice in San Francisco, and it happened again yesterday. When we face adversity, we get absolutely curb stomped. There shouldn't be any reason for the sudden non-competiveness, but it is happening nonetheless. We moved the ball just fine in Q1 yesterday and then when things went wrong it's like watching an entirely different team.

We also have yet to be able to disprove the narrative that a team with a top tier disruptive defensive front, pass rush, and decent run game can control a game against us - that too is troubling.

Last edited:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The OL had a terrible day but our RBs didn't pick up the blitz very well either. There is plenty of blame to go around for this debacle. If we see a repeat of this next week then we have a problem. One loss even like this one isn't going to sabotage the season.

I feel like this was pretty much word for word how we all felt after the Charger game last year.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys were open, running lanes were there. It just didn’t happen. They didn’t play well.

Tampa has incredible speed at LB, and we couldn’t cope with it. Had Rodgers hit MVS deep the two times he missed him, it changes the ball game.

Overall, the started out good, then the two turnovers which was pretty flukey, and they imploded from there. I’m not too stressed.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Few major things I noticed beyond the obvious turnovers.

Using Aaron Jones to replace Ervin as the motion man took him out of the running game too much. In addition, give it to the motion man at least once! Otherwise there’s no threat to it.

Amos isn’t playing as well as last year.

Pettine drops DL into coverage too often. He’s getting too cute. Not blitzing.

We got no pressure. Preston Smith has been quite a bit worse. Maybe it was just this game, but he got handled when he was in. Z seems to only get pressure when he’s at 3T.

Josh Jackson had some nice moments in run defense! That was surprising.

Barnes is a player. Good find there.

White and David are most likely the fastest LB’s we’ll see all year. They played a big time role.

Suh is still dirty. Shocker.

After the picks Rodgers was just off. Footwork was rushed, he was feeling the footsteps. He can’t be doing that. He had guys open.

I know he’s not great in pass coverage yet, but AJ Dillon is a much better runner than Jamaal. They gotta get him more carries. He could’ve helped a lot, IMO.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some things that pretty well summed it all up.
-offense first quarter-134 yards 10 points
rest of game 67 yards no points.
-offense second quarter-17 plays ran, 5 yards net total offense.
-offense zero plays ran in Tampa territory last three quarters

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't know if the game plan was poor. We dominated the first quarter and jumped to a 10-0 lead. But during that quarter Rodgers was getting hit almost every time he set up to pass. It appeared our OL was overwhelmed all game long. I like our line outside of the RT but they had a game to forget.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Horrible effort. We all know it.

What's important is how the Pack responds to it.

Beat Houston, and all is forgiven.