HELP!! Packer Backer crisis!

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have posted about this before, in other threads but have never made my own thread about crisis' in Packers land. This can be for thread can be for any problems you are having and we can all kind of "group therapy" ourselves through our respective issues.

For me, I am just feeling unenthused (sp?) in regards to Packers football. It all stems from that fateful day in January when we lost to the Giants in what was probably the biggest upset of the season, save for the Chiefs game...which didn't bother me NEARLY as much as the Giants playoff game. The worst part about it is that that WHOLE day leading up to the game I just had this crappy, uneasy feeling. I knew we were going to lose after the first few minutes. After that point, even though I was yelling at the fumbles and upset with the the dropped passes...I new I was overreacting. I knew that this is what was going to happen and that I was making a scene to prove to myself that I was surprised about what was happening. If that makes sense to you all out there?

I have been struggling to move past that game, and get excited for Packers football again...but the off-season is at it's end and I am not feeling any better. From time to time I do and I get PUMPED UP!! For instance, you may have noticed that I recently posted about re-watching Super Bowl XLV and I was SO pumped about the Packers that I couldn't contain myself so I went and played like 2 games of Madden! Whoopped *** too! I seriously could not wait for the new season to start and for us to bury the 49ers!

Then I thought about the game again and how I am just so disappointed. I seriously thought we would go back to back, like the Holgrem team never did. Actually, as I am typing this out, I am feeling better about the whole thing. I remember saying something like "Even Joe Montana, Aaron Rodgers' idol had 2 years between his first two championships."

Man, this is great. I know you may be thinking "WTF is with this wacko?" but honestly I feel better now! I hope not to relapse, but just typing this out and being able to share it with fellow fans and friends makes me feel better. Seriously am HUNGERING for the next season now!

I have always loved the Packers, and always will. I got over 2007 NFCC, I got over Super Bowl XXXII (though I was 11 or so for that), and other playoff bundles so I will get over this too.

Thank you all for your time and attention!

I welcome all to talk about whatever PACKER-RELATED issues they are having. Anything from a "football depression" to an "OMFG they traded James Jones! Noooooo! I loved him!" or anything else. Just please, keep it Packers related.

My idea for making this thread is because, although I have a loving, wonderful wife and great friends they just don't understand the love of Packers football that we share. I am also a coin collector. I will find an old nickel and I am totally pumped about it and my wife is like "Thats great hunny." so...yeah outlets are a useful thing.

--Rob.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perspective, my friend. Let the Packers to make your day, but don't let them ruin it. If you must, allow yourself 24 hours to mourn a loss; nothing more. Don't let it have a negative effect on your relationships. Don't let it affect the way you treat your wife and kids.

Right after a Packers win, play with your kids or do something nice for your wife. Right after a Packers loss, play with your kids or do something nice for your wife.

Enjoy the team. Enjoy the game. If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
Football is not meant to make you feel that way.

I'm sure your town or city has a hotline you can call for things like this.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My Uncle was a huge Brewer fan and Packer fan. About 10 years ago he was given 3 months to live in early September. He no longer even listened to Brewer games or watched Packer games. Unless there was a bunch of family about who wanted to watch or hear. This is a guy who never missed listening to a Brewer game in 30+ years. He said there were just so much more important in life - friends and family. That is all he wanted to devote his remaining time to. He said he could only remember the results of a few dozen of those games over the last 30 years so how can that be important? But he can remember in detail all the precious moments of his wife and children. He said those where the only memories he was taking with him.

Keep it in perspective man.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
So he forgot your birthday, Yes it's disappointing, but don't let it ruin your relationship. One mistake shouldn't cancel out all that you've built together over the years. Give Pack one more chance, you don't have to like it, you don't even have to forgive him, but please give him the opportunity to make it up to you. Nobody's perfect

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait...who said this is ruining mw relationship?! My marriage is fine, I just can't talk to my wife about football, coins, or video games. They just aren't her thing.

I appologise if what I said got lost in translation...was not my intention. Simply put: The loss just got me way down in my football life. I just couldn't get excited about football or the players or the season coming up. My work life didn't get affected or anything like that. As I mentioned in the opening post this thread was for football only issues. If you are wanting to beat someone or hurt yourself please take serious action and call a hotline or talk to family.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still play a lot of sports. Luckily I was on a lot of losing teams as a kid. I learned a lot about how to lose, still keep my composure, and look forward to the next opportunity. This translates over to watching sports too. Sure I can get caught up in the moment but once the combination of barley/hops/yeast wears off, I'm on to the next thing in life. Keep your chin up buddy.

Maybe you need to watch some Sally Struthers commercials to make you feel better about things in your own life!

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha, trust me I am not a stalker. It was just a major bummer, you know, not being able to get excited about the new season.

AAaaanyways, all over now. I was just thinking that maybe there were/are some people out there like me who just don't have a group of fans that they can talking to in their homes or areas. For instance, if you live the smack-dab middle of Dallas chances are you can't talk to too many people about the Packers.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was a fan through the 70's and 80's.

I was as well but back then we knew the Packers wern't any good. They never got within a sniff of a Championship through those years.

The playoff loss to the Giants affected me like no game other than the Super Bowl loss to Denver. I'm still pissed over that performance. I probably won't feel better until they take it all again.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
It's not the loss that has me messed up, or even that it was how the season ended. It was that we set an NFL record for poor defense. That, however, is redeemable and only serves to fire me up for the coming season: the anticipation of redemption.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I first got married my wife said to me I could only watch 1 game every Sunday. The 2nd year I got her interested in football. Granted she's nowhere near a fan of the Packers as I am but we do enjoy the time we share watching football on Sundays. Try to get your wife to watch a couple games w/ya. Explain the difference in offense/defense or any other Q's she might have. Get'er involved. Then find something she likes & try to take an interest in it. This helped me. Hope it helps you. Just don't get upset if & when she starts asking alot of Q's. Trust me it gets alot easier after the first couple weeks.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?bo4icu

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Haha, trust me I am not a stalker. It was just a major bummer, you know, not being able to get excited about the new season.

AAaaanyways, all over now. I was just thinking that maybe there were/are some people out there like me who just don't have a group of fans that they can talking to in their homes or areas. For instance, if you live the smack-dab middle of Dallas chances are you can't talk to too many people about the Packers.
I understand all to well. Here in New Jersey, I drown in Giants, Cowboys, and Eagles fans. ALL of them suck. There is a surprisingly strong Packer following here, so its not hard to find other Packer fans, its just not easy (though it IS hard to find anybody diehard)
When I first got married my wife said to me I could only watch 1 game every Sunday. The 2nd year I got her interested in football. Granted she's nowhere near a fan of the Packers as I am but we do enjoy the time we share watching football on Sundays. Try to get your wife to watch a couple games w/ya. Explain the difference in offense/defense or any other Q's she might have. Get'er involved. Then find something she likes & try to take an interest in it. This helped me. Hope it helps you. Just don't get upset if & when she starts asking alot of Q's. Trust me it gets alot easier after the first couple weeks.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?bo4icu
Lol its his relationship with football/the Packers thats messed up because of last season. Though I like the suggestion. I usually try to do the same thing with girlfriends, but they all wind up following a different team with a player they think is cute. That's ten times more annoying than the questions

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Hypon, I live in Northern California. It is nothing but 49er and Raiders fans around here. More 49ers fans now too, since they had some success last season.

However, I also happen to live in Aaron Rodger's hometown, so a lot of people pull for the Packers too (now, ofcourse...not 7+ years ago...when I was getting bullied in HS about "The Catch II from Young to Owens etc etc). If it came down to Packers vs. Niners or Raiders, most would go for the latter two.

Luckily my wife IS a Packers fan, so she doesn't go for the "cute" players. However, her dad is also a life-long Cowboys fan. So she wears the Clay Matthews jersey I got her for Christmas with her Dallas Cowboys pajama pants. /facepalm.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Here in Virginia the Redskins dominate every Sunday. I had Direct Ticket one year and was thrilled to be able to see every game. Damn it was beautiful. Plus we won our third Lombardi that year! Wish I could afford it for this season.
Sports bars are good places to find other packer fans. Use the internet or maybe someone here can help. I would like to find a way to watch the games for free on my computer screen, anyone know how I can do that?

Hang in there Chico!!:coffee:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Luckily my wife IS a Packers fan, so she doesn't go for the "cute" players. However, her dad is also a life-long Cowboys fan. So she wears the Clay Matthews jersey I got her for Christmas with her Dallas Cowboys pajama pants. /facepalm.
Isn't your daily goal to get your wife out of her pants anyway? Put your foot down on the Cowgirl stuff and only allow the Packer clothes. That way you start the game at third base.:tup:

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

13 , they don't dominate the league. They are considered the "home" team as far as the TV networks are concerned.
PACKERS RULE!!!:cool:

Latest posts