Heavy Artilery, a wonderful article on the Packers offense...

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
A great article for those needing a read.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/11/02/heavy-artillery-analyzing-the-packers-offense

GREEN BAY, Wis. — Donald Driver, the Packers' grand old man, thought he had seen it all since arriving in the NFL's smallest city back in 1999.
There has been Brett Favre at his best — and worst. Ahman Green breaking virtually every rushing record on the books. There have been five different 1,000-yard receivers, and a Pro Bowl tight end in Bubba Franks.
But those achievements have been spread out over several seasons. Never has Driver seen what's currently unfolding in Green Bay.
"We've always had weapons here," said the 36-year-old Driver, who has had seven 1,000-yard seasons himself. "But I can promise you, we've never had this many weapons. This is the best offense I've been a part of in my career.
"To have so many weapons on offense that the ball is spread all over the place and everybody can make plays. I played with a great quarterback (Favre). He's a gunslinger, a true Hall of Famer and I love him to death ... and he had a lot of weapons. But he never had this many weapons. I can promise you that."
Driver's spot on. Green Bay's embarrassment of riches on offense is the envy of football, and the No. 1 reason the Packers are the NFL's last undefeated team (7-0) and a favorite to repeat as Super Bowl champions.
QB Aaron Rodgers is not just the league's midseason MVP, he's arguably playing the position as well as anyone in league history.
Greg Jennings is one of football's best receivers, and TE Jermichael Finley is a rising star. Wideouts Jordy Nelson and James Jones are hitting their prime, Driver remains crafty, and rookie No. 5 WR Randall Cobb would start for many teams. Heck, even the running game is rounding into form thanks to second-year back James Starks.
What's a defensive coordinator to do?
"We've had some good offenses, but this could be the best," said Reggie McKenzie, the Packers' director of football operations who has been with the organization since 1994. "A lot of weapons. I can't remember all of our offenses, but doggone it, we have to be up there."

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
And all except for Finley are guaranteed back next year with another draft class to fill in the gaps. Time to get a matching top of the line defense.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How does this offense compare to the one coming down the stretch in 2009, when we lost to Arizona in the playoffs 51-45?

Members online

Latest posts