Having it their way; Eli's draft legacy

bsmith_501

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure this topic has been discussed here in the past or if it is relevant here, but does anyone think what Eli Manning orchestrated two years ago leading up to the draft may have an impact this year or on any future drafts.

I guess I bring it up because New Orleans should have a high pick, but I've seen reports where the players, potential free agents, etc. are not all that crazy about going back there.

If the Saints have a pick not wanting to go to New Orleans, or let's even say a guy doesn't want to play in Green Bay because any number of reasons...from the cold weather to not being as culturally diverse as some players would like...could something like that happen this year.

As much as what has been said, Reggie Bush will be the #1 selection. I think S.F. or Houston would not be a problem, but what about Leinert and N.O.? I know most players coming out are happy with signing bonuses, $$$, etc., but why be stuck on a team that will do nothing for your career (i.e. David Carr).

Just wanted to see if anyone else has been thinking of this type of scenario. Didn't Bruce Clark do this to the Packers a few decades ago, or was it strictly about the $$$$ offered?

Members online

Latest posts